Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your em

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 03.02.2018 07:15
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Thurman Thomas Jersey .ca. We break from the Cmon Ref mailbag for a day to answer an interesting question asked of me last night @kfraserthecall on Twitter. Kerry:Whats your view on officials calling a penalty on Bryce Salvadore after watching the replay on the arena screen? It appeared there was a high stick, but it wasnt called. Fans were loud, refs watched video, then made the call. Devils coach Peter DeBoer went nuts.Steve @08008steve Steve:Thank you for providing this question. It is somewhat unusual, but certainly not impossible for a penalty to be changed following a conference held amongst the on-ice officials. Based on the reaction of Peter DeBoer, his players on the bench and commentary on both broadcast feeds, a perception in varying degrees existed that the call was changed only after the officials viewed the replay on the scoreboard in the Wells Fargo Center. We will never know for certain if the smoking gun was handed to the officials courtesy of the replay. I have a different take on the situation following the immediate support that was provided to young referee Mark Lemelin by his colleagues in a conference once it became apparent the wrong player (Steve Downie of the Flyers) was being sent to the penalty box. I believe this was going to take place irrespective of anyone who might have snuck a peak at the Jumbotron on the way to this meeting of the minds! In fairness to the young referee, his assignments are split between the AHL and NHL. Things happen much more quickly in the NHL and it can be baptism under fire once any player or official moves up to this ultimate level of the game. There is something to be learned from every game worked and experience is a great teacher. On this play the young referee correctly raised his arm for a delayed high-sticking penalty when Matt Read of the Flyers clipped Bryce Salvadore on the side of the head while delivering a body check on the Devils player against the boards in front of the penalty box. Following the impact of the check, Salvadores stick came up and caught Downie in the face as the Flyer approached from the frontal position. In effect there were two high sticking infractions that occurred almost simultaneously on the same play. Lemelin however was looking through the back of Downie from a considerable distance in the end zone and did not see Salvadores stick strike the Flyer forward. Not yet all that familiar with NHL team personnel, he mistook Downie for Read in the quickness of the play and the close proximity of the three players. Once play was stopped, the ref approached Salvadore to see if any injury resulted from the "Matt Read" high stick. Mistakenly, the ref then imposed the penalty to Steve Downie who was also rubbing his face and checking to see if he had all his teeth following the high stick he received from Salvadore. From the players bench side it would have been obvious to the other officials (and the teams) that it was Downie that was struck by the stick of Salvadore. Once it was announced that Downie was assessed the penalty, a quick conference was convened by the other members of the crew to straighten out the confusion. What was lost in the correction process was the initial high-stick that the young ref correctly signaled when Salvadore was struck with Reads stick. I am certain it happened in a flash and a blur in the Lemelins eye and mind. Once it was brought to his attention by the other officials that Downie took a stick in the face the young ref would question his initial take on the play and defer to the senior members of the crew. That is the most logical way that this situation played out. That being said, we often see a camera shot of a coach on the bench pointing up to a replay on the big screen when he feels the official has blown a call. In that example the coach has no problem using the replay to his benefit even though the call wont likely be changed. The officials dont skate around the ice with horse blinders on so Im not saying the temptation to peak at the Jumbotron is out of the question when they grope with getting a call right. As long as the League allows in-house replays, who could blame any of the officials if they happened to skate to the conference with their head held high - you never know whats playing at a theatre near you! Lorenzo Alexander Jersey . - The Minnesota Vikings have ruled Christian Ponder out for Sundays game at Baltimore, because the quarterback has not yet passed all of his post-concussion tests. Eric Wood Jersey . -- Barry Bonds is all set to return to the San Francisco Giants. http://www.authenticbillsfanatic.com/c-25-bills-jerry-hughes-jersey.aspx .C. Lions signed cornerback Dante Marsh to a contract extension on Friay and released receiver Paris Jackson.NAKISKA, Alta. - Olympic champion Marielle Thompson accomplished her mission of defending her skicross World Cup title at Nakiska Ski Area on Saturday.I set a pretty high goal coming back out to Nakiska, ideally winning again and I managed to do that, so Im really happy to start off the season on such a good foot, said Thompson, who won her second career Crystal Globe as overall World Cup champion last season.The Whistler, B.C., native led the final from start to finish, while her Canadian teammate Georgia Simmerling of North Vancouver, B.C., made a big push to pass Switzerlands Fanny Smith to take second spot. The two Canadians also finished first and second in qualification on Friday.Georgias been skiing really well, so its good that she could showcase that here today, Thompson said. To finish 1-2 for Canada at home in Canada is really awesome.Simmerling said that all the training that she and Thompson did paid off at the season-opening event.Were pushing each other, she said. Theres only two girls on the team. We didnt really know the rest of the competition, what they were doing all summer. We came into training confident, skiing fast and we ended up 1-2.Smith ended up in third, while Swedens Sandra Naeslund and Anna Holmlund rounded out the top five.In the mens skicross final, Austrias Thomas Zangerl edged out Swedenss Victor Oehling Norberg to win his second World Cup title. Tre Davious White Jersey. .I had always problems in the summer with my back, said Zangerl, while noting he was able to train without incident in the off-season. Now it was the first summer without back pain in training. This is maybe the result of the training.Switzerlands Armin Niederer placed third, while Frances Jonas Devouassoux finished just off the podium in fourth.Dave Duncan of London, Ont., was the top Canadian in the mens competition as he won the small final to finish fifth overall.Coming out here today, if someone would have told me I was going to come fifth, I would have bet against myself, said Duncan. I found a way — crafty vet, I guess.Duncan added that he did what he could to qualify for the final, but came up just a bit short.I skied my heart out to try and make it happen (and) give the fans another podium here, he said. The girls held it down today and crushed it for us. As usual, theyre picking it up for the men.Calgarys Brady Leman, who finished third at Nakiska last year, was disappointed with his eighth-place showing.I really wanted to be on the podium today, Leman said. I ran out of gas, I guess. Something went wrong. I didnt have very good starts the last two rounds and was trying my best to battle from the back, but it was tight racing. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).