Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

Watson with an eight--

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 17.03.2018 07:33
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

PRETORIA, South Africa -- For two days, the witness in the murder trial of Oscar Pistorius kept her composure. Nate Thompson Jersey . Then, just as her testimony was about to finish, she broke down in tears at what she said was the memory of the screams she heard on the night that the double-amputee athlete fatally shot his girlfriend in his South African home. Michelle Burger, a neighbour of Pistorius who took the stand on the second day of a trial watched around the world, remained calm through intense questioning by the chief defence lawyer. In a final exchange with the lead prosecutor on Tuesday, however, emotion washed over her as she recalled what she described as the terrified screams of a woman early on Valentines Day last year. "When Im in the shower, I relive her shouts," Burger said in an apparent reference to her trauma just after the shooting, when a police captain took her statement. When Gerrie Nel, the prosecutor, asked her about her emotions at the time, she said the experience was "quite raw" and her voice broke. Nel asked her how she was coping now. "Im coping fine," Burger insisted. "Its been a year." Burger, a university lecturer, lives 177 metres (193 yards) from Pistorius house, where his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, died in what the runner said was an accident. Burger testified that she heard a man and a woman shouting, then the sound of four gunshots. She said the womans screams continued during the gunshots and quickly faded away after the final one. She was the first witness called by the prosecution, which contends that Pistorius intentionally killed Steenkamp after a loud argument. Her testimony contradicts Pistorius account. He says he fired four times through the toilet cubicle door, hitting Steenkamp three times in the head, arm and hip or side area after thinking she was a dangerous intruder. He has pleaded not guilty. The defence contends that Burger may have been asleep when the gunshots were fired, and then mistakenly thought she was hearing gunfire when in fact it was the sound of Pistorius breaking the toilet cubicle door with a cricket bat after realizing he had shot his girlfriend. During cross-examination of Burger, chief defence lawyer Barry Roux suggested that she was mistaken in saying that she heard a woman screaming and that it was actually Pistorius shouting for help in a high voice after accidentally shooting Steenkamp. Giving sometimes grisly details of the killing of the 29-year-old model, Roux said Steenkamp was shot in the head, which would have resulted in brain damage and "no cognitive function" and so she wouldnt have been able to scream just after the last bullet struck, as Burger testified. Roux said that an expert would later testify in the trial that "with the head shot, she (Steenkamp) would have dropped down immediately." Burger disagreed. "I heard her voice just after the last shot," she said. "It faded away." Her husband, Charl Johnson, also testified that "the last scream faded moments after the last gunshot was fired." Burger also said that the man she heard -- before the sound of the gunfire -- was calling for help, a piece of testimony that muddied the prosecutions narrative that Pistorius was the aggressor. Challenged by Roux, Burger speculated that perhaps the voice was that of Pistorius ridiculing Steenkamps calls for help. "Was it a mockery? I dont know. Im not Mr. Pistorius," she said. Pistorius, who faces a minimum of 25 years in prison without parole if convicted of premeditated murder, took notes during testimony and huddled with lawyers during adjournments. His collected demeanour contrasted with his sometimes distraught behaviour during a bail hearing last year, when he sobbed in court. At one point on Tuesday he covered his ears, but it wasnt clear why. Pistorius, 27, was born without fibula bones because of a congenital defect and his legs were amputated when he was 11 months old. He has run on carbon-fiber blades and was originally banned from competing against able-bodied peers because many argued that his blades gave him an unfair advantage. He was later cleared to compete. He is a multiple Paralympic medallist but he failed to win a medal at the 2012 London Olympics. Steenkamps mother, June, said in a television interview that she did not want to live with bitterness. "Ive lost everything thats important to me, and still, I can forgive. I can forgive," she told NBCs "Today" show. "One must forgive." June Steenkamp was in court Monday, hoping to look Pistorius in the eye. But, she said, Pistorius "never looked my way, or he didnt have an opportunity to do that." Judge Thokozile Masipa will ultimately deliver the verdict and decide on any sentence. South Africa has no trial by jury. Tuesdays proceedings were interrupted when Masipa ordered an investigation into allegations that a South African television channel was broadcasting a photograph of Burger during her testimony -- against a court order guaranteeing privacy to witnesses who request it. "I am warning the media," the judge said, "if you do not behave, you are not going to be treated with soft gloves by this court." Alexandre Burrows Jersey . -- With the Memphis Grizzlies struggling to find their offensive rhythm, O. Fredrik Claesson Jersey . That assertion is getting harder and harder to make, especially given the way 23-year-old Danilo Gallinari has been playing this season. http://www.hockeysenatorsonline.us/cody-ceci-hockey-jersey/ . - Rookie Tesho Akindele scored three goals and Fabian Castillo added two in FC Dallas 5-0 victory over the San Jose Earthquakes on Saturday night.TORONTO -- Ricky Ray and Curtis Steele proved to be too much for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Ray threw four TD passes while Steele ran for 92 yards and scored two touchdowns to power the Toronto Argonauts to a 38-21 home win over Winnipeg on Tuesday night. Ray finished 26-of-33 passing for 297 yards to earn Toronto (3-4) its second straight victory for a four-point lead atop the East Division. Steele anchored a solid ground attack that recorded 174 yards against a Winnipeg defence playing its second game in five nights. "It (rushing attack) was big," Ray said. "They were coming off a short week . . . at the end of the game when it was still tight, for us to be able to run like we did and kind of wear them out really helped us." Steele ran 10 times and had a 19-yard touchdown and also added two catches for 27 yards, including a 15-yard TD grab. He platooned with former NFLer Steve Slaton, who added 66 yards rushing but also lost two fumbles. "We went into the game thinking it was going to be a battle between the lines," Argos head coach Scott Milanovich said. "It was great to be able to run the football like we did. "We felt like we needed that to win the game." Steele, in his second season with Toronto, has been a solid runner with 318 yards on just 35 carries (9.0-yard average) with three TDs. But the Argos cant move him into the backfield full-time because hes also a contributor on special teams. "Man, thats tough," Steele said when asked if hed like more carries. "Im a valuable player on the special-teams unit and I take pride in that . . . but yeah, Id like more carries as a running back. "But Im OK, I know my role . . . we have a package deal going with me and Steve and I just really try to take advantage of my opportunity." However it was sweet redemption for Toronto, which dropped a season-opening 45-21 loss in Winnipeg. And Ray engineered the impressive victory without regular receivers Andre Durie (clavicle), Chad Owens (foot), Jason Barnes (knee), John Chiles (hamstring) and heralded rookie Anthony Coombs (shoulder). Ray threw to 10 different receivers Tuesday night with newcomer Robert Gill having the most catches (six) and veteran Spencer Watt recording the most yards (56). "The thing is weve been playing together for a few weeks now and its really starting to show," Ray said. "I just feel like our execution has been getting better in practice and guys are getting a little bit more comfortable with each other and were able to execute." Toronto doesnt have much time to relish the victory, before an announced season-high Rogers Centre gathering of 18,106. The Argos return to action Sunday night hosting the B.C. Lions (4-3). Milanovich said it was important his team build off its 31-5 road win over Montreal on Aug. 1. However, Milanovich wasnt pleased the Argos were flagged 17 times for 122 yards in penalties. Winnipeg wasnt much better, called 14 times for 114 yards in a very chippy contest. "Its very difficult particularly when youre banged up because what youd love to do is replace guys and send the neext guy in but theres no one to put in," Milanovich said. Ryan Dzingel Jersey. "You expect some of that from (new) guys who are playing but I dont expect that from our veterans and there were a number of them that were our veterans. "If we continue to do it were not going to be a good football team. All I know is to keep coaching it and if someone needs to be replaced well deal with it." Winnipeg (5-3) suffered its second straight loss following a 23-17 home defeat to Saskatchewan on Thursday. The result also spoiled Bombers coach Mike OSheas return to Rogers Centre. OShea spent 16 seasons as a player and coach with Toronto -- winning four Grey Cups -- before being hired by Winnipeg in the off-season. But OShea also was unhappy with how many penalties his team took. "Its an easy answer, you dont want to give up those yards," he said. "Those hurt you." Ray cemented the victory with a 32-yard touchdown pass to Watt that rounded out the scoring at 11:35 of the fourth. Ray put Toronto ahead 28-21 just 58 seconds into the quarter with a 15-yard toss to Steele after Cleyon Laing recovered former Argo Romby Bryants fumble at the Winnipeg 49-yard line. Winnipeg quarterback Drew Willy hit Bryant on a 76-yard touchdown pass the very next series but it was negated by a hands-to-the-face penalty on the Bombers. Willy didnt feel that call was the difference even though Swayze Waters 18-yard field goal at 6:51 boosted Torontos head to 31-21. "Its just one of those plays, you have to rebound better from adversity," he said. "Anytime you go up against Ricky Ray, youve got to put up the yards." Neither Willy nor Winnipegs defence did that. Willy finished 23-of-31 passing for 193 yards and two TDs despite being sacked five times while the Bombers finished with 232 net yards, compared to 462 yards for Toronto. "Torontos defence is a talented group, Im not sure how they were coming at me," Willy said. "There were times I didnt get the ball out quicker and others when the 12 of us werent on the same page." Nic Grigsbys eight-yard TD run at 6:32 of the third pulled Winnipeg into a 21-21 tie, set up by the Bombers recovering the first Slaton fumble at the Toronto 20-yard line. Maurice Mann and Zander Robinson also had TDs for Toronto. Waters kicked four converts and a field goal. Cory Watson and Rory Kohlert had other Winnipegs touchdowns. Lirim Hajrullahu added three converts. Two late Ray TD strikes 1:18 apart anchored a 21-point second-quarter outburst that earned Toronto a 21-14 half-time advantage. Ray hit Robinson with a six-yard touchdown pass at 14:57, set up by a 26-yard Hajrullahu punt that put Toronto at the Winnipeg 43-yard line. Rays 15-yard TD pass to Mann at 13:39 made it 14-14, capping a six-play, 62-yard march. It was a solid answer to Kohlerts sensational 21-yard touchdown grab at 10:45, set up by Troy Stoudemires 61-yard punt return. Steele made it 7-7 at 3:06 with his 19-yard TD run. Winnipeg took its opening possession 63 yards on six plays, with Willy hitting Watson with an eight--yard scoring strike at 6:06 of the first. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).