Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

LONDON -- Swedish hockey star Nicklas Backstrom will receive an Olympic silver medal even though he was suspended from the final

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 26.04.2018 05:52
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

LONDON -- Swedish hockey star Nicklas Backstrom will receive an Olympic silver medal even though he was suspended from the final in Sochi after a positive drug test. Chad Williams Jersey . The International Olympic Committee ruled Friday that Backstrom had not intended to enhance his performance, laying the blame for his positive test for pseudoephedrine on the Swedish team doctor. The Washington Capitals centre was suspended and pulled from the team just hours before the Feb. 23 gold-medal game, which Sweden lost 3-0 to Canada. The Swedes were outraged by the timing of the decision and said it affected the teams performance. The IOC defended the suspension, saying it was "fully justified" because of the positive test and noting that Backstrom conceded also taking the allergy medication on the day of the final. But the IOC ruled that the player should not be kicked out of the Sochi Games altogether, citing "mitigating circumstances." "There was no indication of any intent of the athlete to improve his performance by taking a prohibited substance," the IOCs three-person disciplinary commission said. "As a consequence, the athlete is entitled to receive the silver medal and diploma awarded in respect of the mens ice hockey event." Backstrom tested positive for excess levels of pseudoephedrine after Swedens win over Slovenia in the quarter-finals on Feb. 19. He said the stimulant was contained in "Zytec-D," a medication he had been taking for allergies. The IOC said the positive result in the "A" sample was confirmed on the morning of Feb. 23. A hearing with Backstrom and Swedish team officials was quickly assembled. Among those attending was Bjorn Waldeback, the Swedish hockey team doctor and chief medical officer of the Swedish Olympic Committee. The IOC said Backstrom had "nothing to hide" and explained he had been taking the allergy medication regularly for seven years on the advice of a doctor and had never produced a positive test. He said he had taken the medication earlier that day. The IOC said Backstrom told the panel he knew the medication contained pseudoephedrine but relied on Waldebacks advice that the dosage would not trigger a positive test. Waldeback said he was "at fault" for that advice. Backstroms backup "B" sample was tested later on Feb. 23 and also came back positive. The IOC ruled that Backstrom committed an anti-doping violation by having the banned substance in his system. But the panel said he had been "open and co-operative," had disclosed the medication on his doping control form and had relied on Waldebacks advice. The IOC ruled that Waldeback "made a serious error" by telling Backstrom his use of the medication would not result in a positive test. If the doctor applies for Olympic accreditation in the future, the IOC should "seriously consider" his role in the case, the panel said. The IOC said the decision "should in no way" be seen as taking away from the responsibility of athletes to be vigilant and ensure that no prohibited substances enter their body. Carson Palmer Jersey . -- When Steve Blake checked in at the scorers table with 5:25 remaining in the third quarter, Stephen Curry shook his head and shouted across the court, asking Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson not to take him out. Corey Peters Jersey . The moves were the first punitive steps taken by the Dolphins since a report on the NFLs investigation of the case was released last week. Investigators found that guard Richie Incognito and two teammates engaged in persistent harassment directed at tackle Jonathan Martin, another offensive lineman and an assistant trainer. http://www.thecardinalsshoponline.com/Youth-Markus-Golden-Cardinals-Jersey/ .6 seconds left to give the Toronto Raptors a 92-89 victory over the Boston Celtics in an exhibition game Wednesday night. DETROIT -- Daniel Alfredsson was the face of the Ottawa Senators franchise. Now his face isnt even among the five featured on signs welcoming Detroit Red Wings fans to Joe Louis Arena. Theres no longer a letter on his jersey or the responsibility that comes with it. Hes just another player, and he admits it has taken some getting used to. "Its mixed emotions," Alfredsson said Tuesday, the day before facing his former team for the first time since signing with the Red Wings as a free agent in July. "I miss a lot about Ottawa, theres no questions, at the rink and being the guy. But at the same time I also enjoy not being the guy and kind of worrying about myself a little bit more." Thats something he rarely got to do in 17 seasons with the Senators, 14 of which he spent as the captain. He was the de facto first-line right-winger and holds the Ottawa records for most games, goals, assists, points and much more. Alfredssons new team features a couple of other future Hall of Famers in captain Henrik Zetterberg and alternate Pavel Datsyuk. When the Red Wings lost in a shootout Monday to the San Jose Sharks, Alfredsson didnt have to serve as the team spokesman like he would have for the Senators. "I dont mind media at all, but its also nice to prepare every day through the ups and downs," he said. "I dont think I wouldve played as long as I did if I felt that was a burden for me. I cant say its never been." A veteran of almost 1,200 NHL games, Alfredsson earned instant respect from his new Red Wings teammates. The 40-year-old fit seamlessly into the leadership structure that was already in place. "Its not like hes stepping on anyones toes or anything like that," goaltender Jonas Gustavsson said. "He knows when to say something and he knows when to let other people take care of that." But it was his responsibility to move his wife and four children to Michigan. He expressed some trepidation about his family settling in to their new life but didnt express regrets about leaving the old one behind in order to prove himself to a new organization. "The way I looked at it at the time and still do today is its a huge challenge for myself, personally, both on and off the ice," Alfredsson said. "Its a big challenge for our family. I think I will look back at this down the road as something that was a stepping stone for me in my life." From a pure hockey perspective, Alfredsson also has a different job with the Red Wings. Coach Mike Babcock has moved him up and down the lineup throughout the first three weeks of the season, giving him plenty of different challenges along the way. Alfredsson recorded a goal and eight assists in his first 10 games, calling his own play "so-so." And while the Red Wings lean on him for offence, the presence of Zetterberg and Datsyuk means hes not counted on to do everything. "I think mmy role here is more Im going to do everything I can to make it feel like they dont have everything on their shoulders, and not the other way around that they should take something off me," Alfredsson said. Robert Nkemdiche Jersey. "I think if I can stay healthy and play to my abilities I should be able to do that. I think thats important. We know how good they are, and if we can help out behind them, I think its going to make them even better." It has been a long time since anyone considered Alfredsson a complementary player. Former Calgary Flames captain Jarome Iginla and Jaromir Jagr slid into similar roles last season with the Pittsburgh Penguins and Boston Bruins, with varying degrees of success. Early this season, Alfredsson is fitting in smoothly in Detroit, perhaps in part because of his unassuming nature and the core that has been around and already won the Stanley Cup. "The personalities have to fit, the position has to fit, the belief in the system has to fit, and right now it looks like the marriage there is pretty good," said San Jose Sharks coach Todd McLellan, an assistant on the Red Wings 2008 Cup team. McLellan pointed to Dallas Drakes role in 2008 and Jamal Mayers with the Chicago Blackhawks as prior examples of veterans integrating well and contributing to a championship. What makes Alfredsson different is that, like Iginla and Jagr, he has been a star and is used to the good and bad that comes with the spotlight. That star power isnt going to waste with the Red Wings. "Hes done excellent work for us, and we just be happy to learn more from these guys like this," Datsyuk said. In Detroit, Alfredsson has joined a team with seven fellow Swedes: Zetterberg, Gustavsson, Niklas Kronwall, Johan Franzen, Mikael Samuelsson, Jonathan Ericsson and Joakim Andersson. "There are so many Swedes that hes played with, whether its been at the Olympics or world championship or international stage," forward Justin Abdelkader said. "He knows those guys, fellow countrymen. I think it helps right away." Though he played with all but Andersson for Team Sweden at some point, Alfredsson said he wasnt sure how much of a factor that was in his decision. Still, Babcock wondered if Alfredsson has had some second thoughts. "Obviously any time you change environment after that long its going to be not as comfortable as the old place," Babcock said. "But I think lifes about embracing change anyway." Alfredsson has certainly done that. He called moving on with the Red Wings another stepping stone and an opportunity to "experience new adventures." Babcock hopes this team can ensure taking the leap was worth it. "Its just a matter of time, but hes been excellent," Babcock said. "In the end, depending on how good we become, I think he has a chance to be real happy here." Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).