Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Joey MacDonald stopped 42 shots as the Abbotsford Heat defeated the host Iowa Wild 2-1 on Sunday in American

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 19.06.2018 10:01
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Joey MacDonald stopped 42 shots as the Abbotsford Heat defeated the host Iowa Wild 2-1 on Sunday in American Hockey League action. Dan Marino Jersey . Ben Street scored twice for the Heat (17-5-1), who won their fourth game in a row and 13th in their last 14 outings. Brett Bulmer scored the lone goal for the Wild (6-11-0), who dropped their sixth straight contest. Iowas John Curry turned aside 17-of-19 shots in a losing cause. The Wild owned the first period, outshooting Abbotsford 20-5, and Bulmer opened the scoring at 14:01 while on the power play. The game remained 1-0 for Iowa until 9:31 of the second period when Street responded for the Heat. Street then scored the eventual winner at 11:27 of the second with a power-play goal. The Wild kept the pressure on in the third period but couldnt beat MacDonald, who stopped 11 shots in the final 20 minutes to preserve the victory. Abbotsford went 1 for 3 on the power play while Iowa scored once on five chances with the man advantage. Mike Gesicki Jersey . As their best player continued to orchestrate his dramatic exit from the club, the Whitecaps added size and creativity at Thursdays Major League Soccer SuperDraft. Jerome Baker Jersey .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. http://www.dolphinsteamauthenticshop.com/c-8-customized.aspx . -- Byron Scott is taking over the Los Angeles Lakers with the vocal support of his fellow Showtime greats. SURREY, B.C. -- Khalif Mitchell didnt leave a lot of friends behind when the B.C. Lions traded him to the Toronto Argonauts prior to last season. The controversial defensive lineman had been a dominant force in helping the Lions to a 2011 Grey Cup victory, but the following campaign was marked by a number of troubling incidents on and off the field that resulted in both fines and suspensions. "Good riddance!!!!" tweeted running back Andrew Harris following the April 2013 deal with the Argonauts was announced. But after Mitchell was released this past off-season by Toronto to pursue NFL opportunities that never materialized, the Lions jumped at the chance to bring the hulking 29-year-old with a unique skill set back into the fold by signing him to a contract on Tuesday. Despite the baggage Mitchell left behind in Vancouver, Lions general manager Wally Buono said players, coaches and management agreed he deserved another shot with the club. "Once we got into it, everybody felt it was the right thing to do," said Buono, whose team will host the Grey Cup. "When you look at trying to improve this football club, Khalif is an outstanding football player and from our point of view we wanted to move forward and we wanted to build a championship team for 2014. "If I felt I had to convince (players and coaches) then I wouldnt move forward. This was not a matter of me imposing what I wanted. This was an opportunity." The six-foot-six, 315-pound Mitchell, who met the media at the Lions suburban practice facility on Tuesday, said he grew up a lot during his time in Toronto and understands why some of his former teammates felt the way they did when he left B.C. "I dont believe that anybodys words were going to be kind when I left," he said. "I didnt leave on kind terms." An all-star in both 2011 and 2013, Mitchell has 86 tackles and 13 sacks in four CFL seasons. What those numbers dont show is how much he influences the game from the interior of the defensive line, often occupying two and three blockers to free up teammates. "Weve done five camps in the United States looking for another Khalif Mitchell and theyre not out there," said Buono, adding that Mitchell has matured a lot in the last year. "For us, when hes here in our backyard, when hes willing to make a commitment to come play for the B.C. Lions ... to me, I thought that was something worthwhile." For his part, the eccentric Mitchell downplayed any hard feelings that might linger from his first stint with the Lions. "This is a place that was my house. (If) youve got trash in your house, yyou just take it out. Jerome Baker Dolphins Jersey. . Its not something as complicated as the media might make it seem," he said. "Its very simple. Its trash. You take it out." The Virginia Beach, Va., native had 33 tackles and six sacks with the Lions in 2011, and had another outstanding campaign with the Argonauts in 2013, registering 32 tackles and five sacks. "Its exciting to be back. Its a place I call home. Its a place that I have a lot of fond memories of," said Mitchell. "When I look around I see a lot of Grey Cup pictures and stuff ... all of a sudden I get a lot of memories and a lot of butterflies." Despite those warm feelings, its that 2012 season that often comes to mind when Mitchells name is mentioned. He was suspended for two games by the CFL for violently hyper-extending the arm of an opponent that July before being fined an unspecified amount by the league for making multiple throat-slashing gestures in another game. Mitchell was then fined and suspended again for violating the CFLs social media policy after using a racial slur on Twitter. "Theres a risk with everybody you sign, whether its a player, a coach, a staff member," said Buono. "Theres always risks and thats part of what makes this job and life exciting. "We all grow with our experiences. Ive had experiences that I regret ... Ive gotten better for it." The move to sign Mitchell would appear to immediately improve a Lions defensive line that surrendered the second fewest rushing yards per game (94.4) in 2013, but allowed the second most rushing touchdowns (17) and recorded the third fewest sacks (45). "Im not sure that when Khalif is on his game theres too many people (as dominant)," said Buono. "A man of his size, with his athleticism and his power, they dont come around every day. In 2011, why did we win a Grey Cup? A lot of it had to do with the guys up front. "I believe today that Khalif Mitchell is a better football player than he was in 2011." With the Grey Cup set to be played at B.C. Place Stadium in November, the Lions were relatively quiet this off-season, losing a number of veterans through trade, free agency and retirement. They got a big one back on Tuesday and he seems eager to make an impact. "I was looking for a team to go ahead and win a championship with," said Mitchell. "Wally Buono went to go look for players to help put together a team to win a championship with. "We met somewhere along the path and thats how were here today." Note: The Lions made another move Tuesday, releasing defensive back Lin-J Shell. Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).