Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

ach Jason Garrett sa

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 30.08.2018 06:48
von panxing18 | 391 Beiträge

Matt Ryan once again worked without his favorite target Wednesday on the second day of the Atlanta Falcons' "mandatory" mini-camp Pernell McPhee Jersey Redskins , yet the quarterback said he's not worried about wide receiver Julio Jones being absent and plans to work out with him soon.

Jones appears to be seeking a contract adjustment to bump his pay grade up into the neighborhood of the NFL's top receivers. Multiple wideouts have received new contracts, leaving him ranked No. 7 at the position with a salary cap charge this season of $12.9 million.

Ryan wasn't in the mood to talk shop after practice.

"I understand that there's a business side to this sport, too, and I don't like to get involved in other people's business and I don't like speaking about my business," he said. "It's not my place to get into . . .

"He's such a incredible player, such a talented player, and he's been working hard. He's in great shape, so I think he'll pick those new things up really quickly."

The question is when?

After logging 88 receptions last season for 1,444 yards and three touchdowns, Jones, 29, was tabbed for his fifth Pro Bowl in seven seasons, including four consecutive.

He has three years left, however Authentic Sidney Crosby Jersey , on the five-year, $71.256 million extension he signed in 2015, and NFL teams rarely amend contracts with so much time left.

Ryan, by contrast, recently signed a five-year, $150 million extension ahead of what would have been the final season of his previous deal.

Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff and head coach Dan Quinn have said that the team has been in contact with Jones and his agent, Jimmy Sexton.

Appeasing Jones would be tricky for reasons that go beyond giving him more money. Team officials have to be mindful of allocations.

The Falcons are about $9 million under the NFL's projected $177 million salary cap with more than $107 million of that committed to offensive players, according to Sportrac.

That 64 percent is the third-highest offensive ratio in the league. Eight of the team's 10 highest cap charges are offensive, including wide receiver Mohamed Sanu ($7.525 million).

A little more than $61 million is committed to defensive players. That 36.4 percent ranks 31st in the 32-team NFL, and the team has several talented, young defenders whose contracts are coming up.

The contracts of starting defensive tackle Grady Jarrett, safety Ricardo Allen and nickel back Bryan Poole run only through this season, and so do those of left tackle Jake Matthews, guard Andy Levitre and running back Tevin Coleman.

Linebackers Deion Jones and De'Vondre Campbell and edge rusher Vic Beasley are up next season.

Ryan's cap hit of $17.7 million this season will rise to $22.8 million next season and $31.8 million in 2020 Authentic Brandon McCarthy Jersey , when Jones' current contract calls for cap charges of $14.9 million and $11.426 million.

Together, the two make up more than 16 percent of the Falcons' cap charges now, and to give Julio more money might lower his charge in 2018, but the numbers would likely rise in the future.

Ryan's looking forward to working with Jones between the Falcons' minicamp, which ends Thursday, and the start of training camp in late July.

"We'll have a group of guys, probably about 12 of us, that are going to get together and he'll certainly be a part of that ... " Ryan said. "As far as drama or anything, (Jones) is one of the best teammates you could ever be around."

Tavon Austin never really had a fresh start with a new coach in Los Angeles because of a wrist injury that plagued him and a hamstring that popped before the last of five disappointing seasons with the Rams.

The eighth overall pick in the 2013 draft believes the opportunity has arrived through a trade to the Dallas Cowboys and the health that Austin hoped would come with it. Having something to prove is nothing new for the 5-foot-8 hybrid receiver/returner/runner.

"There's always going to be a chip on my shoulder, No. 1 because I've always been small," Austin said. "I had the same thing coming out, when I went No. 8. So the chip's always going to be there regardless. But last year was a little hard, my injury and I didn't get a fair chance over there."

At first, Austin really didn't know what to make of the draft-day deal that sent a sixth-round pick to LA. He had largely been a spectator when the Rams ended a 12-year playoff drought in the first season under offensive-minded coach Sean McVay.

Austin's first conversation with owner Jerry Jones boosted his spirits Authentic Evgeny Kuznetsov Jersey , and he later told reporters he was close to a recovery from ligament damage in his left wrist. He hasn't missed a day at training camp as part of a revamped group of targets for quarterback Dak Prescott.

While he played in all 16 games for the NFC West champions with nine starts, Austin had just 13 catches for 47 yards. Most of his work was as a runner (59 carries, 270 yards and his only touchdown). Most of his time was spent on the bench.

"Last year was the first time I had hit rock bottom dealing with an injury and the media bashing me saying I couldn't do it," said Austin, who had 1,689 yards and 12 touchdowns receiving and 1,238 yards and nine TDs rushing with the Rams, who were in St. Louis when they drafted him.

"But I stayed true to myself and I knew what happened to me. I wasn't a person to cry or point fingers or find any sympathy. If I went out there, I went out there. I thought I was ready, so that's what it was."

Austin tries to stay out of the spotlight after practices at camp, only occasionally stopping for interviews. The 28-year-old is soft-spoken and reserved, but quick with a smile once he gets to talking.

The Cowboys signed a pair of free agents in Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson, dumped franchise touchdown receptions leader Dez Bryant in a cost-cutting move and drafted Michael Gallup in the third round, a day before the trade for Austin.

The change of scenery offered Austin the rare chance to fill a leadership void despite being new to Dallas. Not only are the Cowboys likely to have four new receivers on the 53-man roster Authentic Rashaan Evans Jersey , they have a new coach at the position as well.

"He's that veteran guy that I don't know that I've really had that I can say, 'Hey, get them to do this,'" receivers coach Sanjay Lal said. "Because even in the walkthrough, he's working through his footwork, he's sinking his hips, which is how you build muscle memory. Don't waste these reps."

The way Austin sees it, he didn't get Lal's attention by doing anything unusual.

"I've never been a captain of a team," Austin said. "But people always listen just because of my work ethic. When I'm out there just talking, I'm having fun and No. 2 just competing. It's just in me. I definitely will take the role on being in leadership."

He'll also take the role of coming out of the backfield 鈥?assuming that happens at some point. With almost as many carries (184) as catches (194) in his career, Austin figures to remain a hybrid back. The Cowboys just haven't shown much of the backfield component in camp.

"You can call him whatever you want to call him," coach Jason Garrett said. "He's obviously very quick. He's very fast. We're comfortable lining him up as a receiver outside or inside and certainly in the backfield as well. He's done all those things."

Now Austin gets to try them with that elusive fresh start.

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).