Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

The Cowboys defense stifled the Saints

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 11.01.2019 07:24
von chenyan94 | 172 Beiträge

on Thursday night en route to a 13-10 win that more or less followed the script that Cowboys defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence set out earlier in the week.Lawrence said that the Saints offense would have to “match our intensity” and that he believed the Saints would “start to get a little distressed” once they found things weren’t going as easily as they normally do on offense. The Cowboys wound up shutting the Saints out in the first half and held their visitors to 176 total yards for the game.After the game Dak Prescott Jersey , Lawrence was asked if that was the best that the Dallas defense has to offer and Lawrence said that he thought the unit still had room to improve.“I can’t predict the future,” Lawrence said. “I don’t know what’s next to come. So I’m not going to call it the best yet. I really don’t think that was our final form. We’ve still got to get better.”Given what the Saints offense did in the first 11 games and how little it accomplished on Thursday, it’s hard to imagine getting much better on defense but this probably isn’t the best week to attempt to pick apart Lawrence’s analysis. The Cowboys were charged with six penalties against the Tennessee Titans that totaled for 52 yards. A handful of them ruined offensive drives, and one of them kept a Titans offensive drive alive. You know the one I’m talking about.Many have accused the NFL of “going soft” by not allowing big hits anymore Xavier Woods Color Rush Jersey , but it’s not like that even happened when Leighton Vander Esch found Marcus Mariota near the ground. You be the judge.Ultimately, as fate would have it, this Titans possession would end in zero points thanks to both a Marcus Mariota and Ryan Succop miss, but the point stands that the penalty was ridiculous. It’s impossible for NFL defenders to play a game without drawing a yellow flag and that’s something that Tyrone Crawford has had enough with. He spoke about his dislike for the officiating over the last two games.You’ll remember (of course) that the Cowboys drew a penalty due to a “snap infraction” against L.P. Ladouceur in the final moments on the road in Washington two weeks ago. That penalty was quite costly as Brett Maher could have connected from five yards closer and sent the game to overtime https://www.dallascowboysfanshop.com/Larry-Allen-Jersey , but ifs and buts are candy and nuts or something like that.Does Crawford have a point in that NFL officiating is suspect at times? Absolutely. Are the Cowboys the only team on the receiving end of this, though? Not really. Officiating is tough around the entire league but obviously we feel it more intensely when it happens to the Cowboys because that’s the team we follow most closely. Perhaps the NFL will pump the brakes on all of this officiating, but perhaps a polar bear will invite us to his igloo to watch the Cowboys take on the Eagles this Sunday night as well. This sort of officiating is here to stay, we just have to get used to it. Oh well.

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).