Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

www.officialsenators.com

in NEUES AUS DEM AUSLAND 22.01.2019 08:35
von hongwei28 | 151 Beiträge

Two months before turning 23 Mike Condon Jersey , Mikaela Shiffrin has already won half as many World Cup races as the winningest female ski racer of all time, American teammate Lindsey Vonn.

While the 33-year-old Vonn added her 78th career win at a super-G in France last month, Shiffrin earned her 39th victory at a giant slalom on Saturday.

”Ha, so much math,” Shiffrin told The Associated Press, and laughed. ”To be honest, I am not really counting. It’s cool to think, maybe I can get 41 this season, or maybe 45. But if I start to think about records or numbers then it just makes me nervous.”

Only Annemarie Moser-Proell (41) and Ingemar Stenmark (40) won more races before they turned 23 in the 1970s.

On Saturday, Shiffrin stretched her winning streak for 2018 to three races, becoming the first female skier with three straight wins at the start of a year since Vreni Schneider of Switzerland achieved the feat in 1989.

”I am just having a blast racing and I wanted to keep that momentum going,” she said. ”When I go on the starting gate every race, I am thinking I want to be confident. I want to show the people watching this that I am confident with my skiing and that I am being aggressive.”

Suffering from a cold, Shiffrin lost more than half a second of a big first-run lead but still beat world GS champion Tessa Worley of France by 0.31 seconds.

Sofia Goggia of Italy was 0.91 behind in third, followed by three more racers all within one second of Shiffrin’s winning time. Goggia’s Italian teammate Federica Brignone was 0.98 behind in sixth after winning the previous GS Ryan Dzingel Jersey , in Lienz eight days ago.

”It is super fun to ski, I am super psyched about it,” said Shiffrin, who now leads the overall as well as all discipline standings except for super-G.

The U.S. ski team said Shiffrin had been ”battling a cold this week” but traveled across the Italian border on Friday to train in Tarvisio.

”A lot of the girls have been sick so I didn’t feel like it was an excuse for today. I wanted to come down and charge,” said Shiffrin, who has won six of the last seven World Cup events.

Wearing bib 7, Shiffrin avoided mistakes in an aggressive opening run to build a 0.86-second lead over Worley. She was a bit more conservative in her final run but her lead was never under threat.

”It’s not a very long course so even being a little bit sick I have enough energy for that,” she said after the opening leg. ”I am really happy with my skiing. I was loose and really aggressive. That’s really exciting for me. I just tried to go out aggressive and it worked that run.”

Worley won the World Cup GS title last year but is still awaiting her first win of the season. Even a strong second run wasn’t sufficient on Saturday.

”I pushed hard, and I knew I had to because Mikaela did such a great first run,” Worley said. ”I wanted to be in the game for the win. It wasn’t enough but I am happy with the race today.”

Goggia, who was last season’s revelation with 13 podiums including two wins on the Olympic course in Jeongseon, is also still winless.

”The first part of my season was pretty tough but today I am happy to have found my inner Goggia spirit again,” said the Italian after her third top-three result of the season.

A slalom on the same course is set for Sunday. This weekend’s races have been moved from Maribor because of a lack of snow and warm weather in the North-Eastern Slovenian resort.

Saints general manager Mickey Loomis says the team will seriously evaluate quarterbacks in this year’s draft regardless of how negotiations toward a new deal with 12-year starter Drew Brees progress.

”Look, you evaluate everyone because you never know when you might make a move up to trade up higher and you end up picking in a position that you don’t expect,” Loomis said on Wednesday while meeting with reporters who are in Mobile Youth Brandon Carlo Jersey , Alabama, for the Senior Bowl. ”That’s what our scouts do, what our personnel department does.”

While Loomis said negotiations with Brees on a new contract have yet to commence, he sounded optimistic that the Saints and Brees will agree on an extension as they did in 2012 and again in 2016.

”This has happened before,” Loomis said. ”We want him to be our quarterback and we’ll get going on that at some point.”

Loomis offered no indication that the Saints have been anything less than thrilled with Brees’ production and leadership, as well as the way he has continued to represent the franchise.

He called Brees’ 2017 season ”fantastic,” adding, ”It’s beyond the numbers. It’s the leadership. He’s the face of our organization. He’s embraced being identified with New Orleans and all those things that are good for our community and him as well.

”Sometimes you feel a little awkward piling on these compliments, but he deserves them all,” Loomis added.

Brees completed an NFL-record 72 percent of his passes this season for 4,334 yards and 23 touchdowns against eight interceptions.

”Nothing he does should surprise any of us, right? Period,” Loomis said. ”Look, we love him. The impact he’s had on our team, our organization Womens Charlie McAvoy Jersey , our city is hard to measure.”

Although Brees’ yardage totals were his lowest in 12 seasons, he did not attempt as many passes because the Saints exploited a strong running game led by fellow Pro Bowlers Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara.

New Orleans finished the regular season ranked second in the NFL in total offense, won the NFC South and defeated Carolina in a wild-card playoff game. The Saints were one play away from going to the NFC title game, but were eliminated dramatically on a 61-yard Vikings touchdown on the last play of a divisional-round game at Minnesota.

Brees’ contract – which was technically structured to run through 2020 for the purposes of pro-rating his signing bonus – voids automatically at the end of the current league year in March. The Saints would lose $18 million in salary cap flexibility should New Orleans and Brees fail to agree on an extension.

Regardless of the cap hit caused by either the failure or success of negotiations with Brees, Loomis said the Saints would have a plan to deal with it.

”We’ll handle that,” Loomis said. ”We’ve always got a plan for our cap. … It’s what you have to do when you have some high-paying” contracts.

While Loomis has been known to base contract decisions on careful statistical analysis, he acknowledged that comparing Brees’ potential to the numbers of past 39-year-old quarterbacks is more difficult because there haven’t been many who’ve performed at an elite level. Still, Loomis gave no indication that he would use Brees’ age against the quarterback in a considerable way.

”With our coaches and our personnel department, they go by what they see,” Loomis said. ”And what they see is pretty good, right?”

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).