Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

Nathan Peterman's turnover-over prone days with the Buffalo Bills are over after the

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 06.03.2019 04:43
von panxing18 | 391 Beiträge

ORCHARD PARK White Phillip Gaines Jersey , N.Y. (AP) — second-year player was cut by the team on Monday.The move was announced as the Bills (3-7) enter their bye week, and not long after coach Sean McDermott backed Peterman earlier in the day."I'm still confident in Nate," he said. McDermott's recent decisions, however, did not appear to match his belief in a player who threw seven interceptions in four appearances this season, and 13 overall in nine career games, including a brief playoff stint last season.Peterman became the odd man out on a team carrying four quarterbacks, and with rookie Josh Allen set to reclaim his starting job after missing four games with a sprained right throwing elbow.The Bills are off until they host Jacksonville on Nov. 25.Peterman was passed on the depth chart by Matt Barkley, who took over the starting job in a 41-10 win over the New York Jets on Sunday. McDermott opted to start Barkley, despite having just signed with Buffalo on Oct. 30, and a week after Peterman — starting in place of injured veteran backup Derek Anderson (concussion) — threw three interceptions in a 41-9 loss to Chicago.Buffalo considered Peterman to be a project in selecting him with a fifth-round pick in the 2017 draft out of Pittsburgh. He spent his final two seasons at Pitt after transferring from Tennessee.This year, the 24-year-old went from winning a three-way offseason quarterback competition, which also included AJ McCarron, to being off the team entirely.His starting tenure lasted two series into the third quarter, after which he was pulled in favor of Allen in a season-opening 47-3 loss at Baltimore.Things unraveled further when Peterman took over after Allen was hurt in the third quarter of a 20-13 loss at Houston on Oct. 14. After hitting Zay Jones for a go-ahead touchdown, Peterman closed the game by throwing two interceptions Youth Kelvin Benjamin Jersey , including one returned for the decisive score in the final two minutes.He's best remembered for throwing five interceptions in the first half of his first career start in a 54-24 loss at the Los Angeles Chargers a little under a year ago.Following the loss, McDermott acknowledged to his players he erred in electing to start Peterman ahead of Tyrod Taylor in a bid to spark an underperforming offense in the midst of a two-game skid.Taylor reclaimed the starting duties the following week, and closed the season 4-2 in helping Buffalo end a 17-season playoff drought, which had been the longest active streak in North America's four major professional sports.Overall, including playoffs, Peterman went 69 of 133 for 563 yards and three touchdowns.Peterman maintained an upbeat approach despite his struggles."I'm still here," he said, the week leading up to what proved to be his final start against Chicago. "And every time you're here, every time you step on the field, and you're in this building, I'm always ready. I was ready last week. And I'm going to be ready again this week."He also didn't shy away from acknowledging his miscues."Mistakes are in the past. I've learned from them. I've taken them to heart. I'll never forget them," Peterman said. "But at the same time, I'll learn from them and move on." In the modern NFL, the fullback position has been phased out to the point that ten of the 32 teams in the league didn’t even roster a fullback for the 2018 season. The Buffalo Bills, on the other hand, have placed an emphasis on the position Youth Tremaine Edmunds Jersey , with Patrick DiMarco ranking as the second-highest paid fullback in the league according to his 2018 salary-cap hit of $2.05 million. DiMarco, who inked a four-year, $8.4 million contract during the 2017 NFL off-season, is entering the third year of the deal, and is scheduled to make $1.6 million in base salary, with an additional $550,000 in signing and workout bonuses. A captain for the Bills in 2018, DiMarco appeared in all 16 games (five starts), catching three passes for 62 yards (including a career-best 38-yard reception during a Week 13 loss to the Miami Dolphins). DiMarco even broke off a career-best nine-yard run during a Week 15 win over the Detroit Lions, giving him a whopping seven career rushing yards on four carries. A veteran leader who is respected in Buffalo’s locker room, DiMarco’s roster spot could be in jeopardy if the front office decides it no longer needs his services, although DiMarco was a special teams standout who appeared on 233 special teams snaps—fourth-most on the team. If the Bills were to cut him, they would still be on the hook for $1 million in 2019, and among the current roster, there isn’t another fullback on the team. In fact, only three running backs are currently under contract for 2019: Keith Ford (21 carries for 79 yards in 2018) Vladimir Ducasse Jersey , Chris Ivory (115 carries for 385 yards and one touchdown), and LeSean McCoy (161 carries for 514 yards with three touchdowns). Listed at 6-feet, 223 pounds, Ivory possesses a fullback’s powerful physique, but has never played a single snap at fullback during a nine-year career with the New Orleans Saints, New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Bills. Of course, up until a few weeks ago, Buffalo’s best internal option to replace DiMarco was fan-favorite Kyle Williams, who scored his first career rushing touchdown while lining up as the fullback during a Week 17 win over the Dolphins in 2017, and added his first career reception while lined up as a fullback in a Week 17 win over the Dolphins this year. But Williams officially announced his retirement prior to the 2018 season-finale against the Dolphins, ending his wildly successful 13-year career in Western New York. So if the Bills opt to cut DiMarco, they will have to turn to free agency or the draft for replacement options, since none currently exist in-house.

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).