Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

The Green Bay Packers at 3-2-1 travel to the comfy confines

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 06.03.2019 05:19
von panxing18 | 391 Beiträge

of Southern California to face off against our undefeated Los Angeles Rams this Sunday. The weather is expected to be a nice warm 89 degrees. Quite different to the normal conditions the Packers play in Milwaukee’s October where it could dip into the 30s on Sunday evening...The HistoryThe reason I became a diehard Ram fan started on a December day back in 1967. I was 9-years old. The Rams needed a victory against the Packers in order to have a chance to make the playoffs. Things were bleak. It was so bad that my uncle Cory Littleton Jersey , a diehard Packer fan, my mom and I decided with little time left on the clock to leave the Coliseum in order beat the traffic. That’s a normal thing to do if you live in Southern California, especially if our team is losing. As we were leaving while we walking down tunnel 22, I was crying. My Rams weren’t gonna make the playoffs. Then all of sudden a giant roar enveloped us. People stopped. Those ahead of us looked back towards the field. Everyone knew something huge had just happened. Everyone in the tunnel ran back towards the field. I couldn’t see through or over the people packed like sardines, so my Uncle grabbed me and put me on his shoulders. He looked to the right and asked the fan, standing on the stairs, to explain what happened.“The Rams blocked the punt! The Rams blocked the punt!”Yes, indeed the Rams had blocked the punt putting them in a position to score a touchdown and win the game.QB Roman Gabriel went back to pass looking to the end zone for WR Bernie Casey...TOUCHDOWN RAMS!That moment is a memory which not only remains etched in mind; it forever changed my life. I became a fanatical Rams fan living my life vicariously through the team’s victories and defeats. Vince Lombardi, the coach of the Packers, called it one of his greatest games he coached in, and his team lost.To this day, I proudly wear the white and blue of #88, Tony Guillory the player responsible for blocking the punt. It was a play that changed the course of the franchise propelling Head Coach George Allen into stardom and remains for me the most significant moment of my life.With all that said, it’s hard for me to dislike the Packers. After all, they were the team that changed the course of my life as a Rams fan!I’ve seen many great games between these two storied franchises. Who could forget DE Fred Dryer getting two safeties in one game on back-to-back Packers drives in the Coliseum? Or the Rams making HOF QB Brett Favre look pedestrian on the road to the Super Bowl in the playoffs? But the Packers remain Lombardi’s legacy. He remains in my opinion the greatest coach who ever coached the game on the list even above New England Patriots HC Bill Belichick.But the days of three yards and cloud of dust are long gone. Today, the game of football is all about passing. This week, what better chance to see this then watch Packers QB Aaron Rodgers compete with our franchise QB, Jared Goff. What the Rams need to do on offenseThe Rams’ offense is a powerhouse. This week Authentic Ndamukong Suh Jersey , Goff needs to be accurate. The Rams’ offensive line needs to keep him clean, off the grass and they need to open holes for RB Todd Gurley.If the Rams’ offense can score points in bunches up against a porous Packers defense, as they will need to do with Rodgers operating things when they have the ball, the Rams will win the game.But that’s the easy part. The hard part is...What the Rams’ defense needs to doThe Rams’ defense must follow-up their stellar performance of last week against the San Francisco 49ers with an equally stellar performance against this week.Teams that try to control Rodgers are destined to lose. Rodgers can’t be controlled. He can be contained. What makes Rodgers one of the greatest quarterbacks in any era is his accuracy. Even when the coverage is there, he finds to a way to pinpoint the ball into the receiver’s hands.This is what separates Rodgers from the every other quarterback in the league—the ability to buy just enough time to get off a pass which only his receivers can catch like threading a needle.But even Aaron Rodgers can be stopped, and it all starts with rushing the quarterback. The Rams must get edge pressure on Rodgers. Without an edge rush, it’s not gonna be enough to get pressure from the just the Fearsome Threesome. DT Aaron Donald had a career day against the Niners last week, but Rodgers is not C.J. Beathard. With a legitimate edge rush threat, Rodgers will have to stay in the pocket unable to buy time with his feet. The Rams’ defensive front needs to close in on him, surrounding him as the pocket collapses, and down goes Rodgers.This works only if the Rams’ secondary maintains coverage. The Rams’ corners and safeties must blanket Rodgers targets: TE Jimmy Graham and WRs Randall Cobb and Davante Adams. The Rams’ defense, as good as its getting, isn’t going to be able to control Rodgers, but they can confine him keeping the Packers’ offense to more three-and-outs than the Rams’ offense. By accomplishing this, the Rams can keep the Packers’ ability to score down. If not, it’s going be any team’s ball game.The more confidence Rodgers gains when the Rams aren’t able to put pressure on him, the more chances he will take to make the big plays fans are accustomed to seeing from him.What the Rams need to do on special teamsKR Blake Countess and PR JoJo Natson need to give the Rams big returns as they can momentum changers. Long drives, chewing up clock Youth Robert Woods Jersey , leading to a score of either three or six, will keep Rodgers’ offense off the field. But the shorter the distance to the goalline, the better chance to score. And the Rams are going to need points more than keeping Rodgers sidelined.P Johnny Hekker needs to get out his funk with punts that pin the Packers deep to make the Packers work the longer distance to the goal.PK Greg Zuerlein has to make each and every field goal, no matter what the distance. This is imperative, since missing a long one will give Rodgers too good a field position which he take advantage of.The X-factorsRams HC Sean McVay’s ability to adjust his schemes tailoring it to the what defenses show him while maintaining his aggressiveness is what makes him one of the best coaches in the league.The Rams will probably be without WR Cooper Kupp in this game as he was last week. I don’t see this as major x-factor as the Rams are extremely talented at the wide receiver position regardless of who Goff throws to, whether its WR Robert Woods, Brandin Cooks or Kupp’s replacements in Nick Williams or Josh ReynoldsThe weather will be beautiful, and the Coliseum is expected to be near capacity for the showdown between these former Cal quarterbacks. I expect to see a large contingent of green and yellow cheese heads blocking my view at the game. It’s therefore imperative that Angelenos be loud and raucous in support of our team! I don’t want to have a repeat of that 1967 game since the Dodgers will hopefully be playing in the fifth game of the World Series at Dodger Stadium starting around 5:00 pm located within minutes of the Coliseum with the series tied at two a piece. After all this is Los Angeles. We need a blow out so I can leave early and beat the traffic the way my uncle and I meant to! Ndamukong Suh is looking forward to facing the Detroit Lions for the first time, giving him a chance to visit with friends and to dine at some new restaurants they have told him about."I love the city of Detroit," said Suh, who spent the first five years of his career with the Lions. "I spend my time in the offseason there. Got great people that I communicate with and see. Great business town. There's a lot of people that I consider mentors that are there."While Suh was quick to share his genuine affection for the Motor City, he chuckled when asked for his feelings about the franchise."I'll refrain from my comments about the organization," he said.Detroit drafted Suh second overall eight years ago and gave him a $68 million deal with $40 million guaranteed , hoping he would lead the defense while Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson starred on offense.Suh was the only rookie to earn All-Pro honors in 2010 and he was an All-Pro two more times with the Lions. He helped Detroit end an 11-year postseason drought in 2011 and reach the playoffs again in 2014.Miami, though, was willing to give Suh much more than the Lions were in 2015. The Dolphins signed him to a six-year, $114 million deal with $60 million guaranteed, making him the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history at the time.Suh's stay in Miami didn't last long. He was cut earlier this year with three years left on his contract http://www.authenticslosangelesrams.com/cheap-michael-brockers-jersey , freeing him up to sign a $14 million, one-year deal with the Rams to play alongside star defensive tackle Aaron Donald.Suh has fit in well, playing inside and on the edge for defensive coordinator Wade Philips."I pride myself on being able to play any position on the defensive line," said Suh, who has 34 tackles and 3陆 sacks. "And, if I need to go play linebacker, I'm happy to do so. We're winning games, so that's most important to me."The 31-year-old Suh has not won a division title, but that can change as soon as Sunday.Los Angeles (10-1) can clinch the NFC West championship with a win over the slumping Lions (4-7) at Ford Field.Here's some things to watch:NEVER SATISFIEDWhile Suh enjoys his homecoming of sorts, Donald will remind the Lions what they're missing. Detroit drafted tight end Eric Ebron No. 10 overall in 2014, passing on a chance to take Donald. The Rams selected Donald No. 13 overall and he has become one of the league's best players. Donald has a NFL- and career-high 14陆 sacks, surpassing the 11 he had last season when he was the Associated Press Defensive Player of the Year."The best part about Aaron is the first thing he'll say is that he can always improve," Rams coach Sean McVay said.RUN AROUNDDetroit's defense has had a dramatic turnaround against the run, becoming the league's only team to hold three straight opponents to fewer than 60 yards rushing this season.After ranking last in rushing defense earlier this year, the Lions are No. 14 and Damon "Snacks" Harrison seems to have a lot to do with the turnaround. Detroit acquired Harrison from the New York Giants for a fifth-round pick."The problem is that as the season goes on, it becomes more and more difficult to stop the run," Lions coach Matt Patricia said."We obviously have another huge problem this week with the run game with the Rams. Todd Gurley is one of the best backs in the league."READY TO ROLLGurley has 1,043 yards rushing White Andrew Whitworth Jersey , trailing only Dallas' Ezekiel Elliott. He had a touchdown in 13 consecutive games, setting a franchise record, before not scoring Nov. 19 during the Rams' 54-51 win over Kansas City. He is expected to be healthy after having a minor ankle injury early against the Chiefs.SAY WHAT?Lions receiver Bruce Ellington gave a startling answer when asked if his hamstring was healthy."I don't know if it's fully recovered because they removed it," he said. "I don't have it anymore."Ellington had a severe injury that kept him out for all of 2016 and limited him earlier this season in Houston. Ellington said he had one of his hamstring muscles removed two years ago, following a procedure recommended by former Texans receiver Andre Johnson ."They say if you keep it, it's going to keep scarring up," Ellington recalled doctors telling him.The 5-foot-9 Ellington said he's explosive enough to dunk a basketball and to do his job with the Lions, who signed him after they traded Golden Tate to Philadelphia. He has ended up playing an even larger role because Marvin Jones is on injured reserve. Ellington has matched his career high with six catches in each of his two games in Detroit.HELP ON THE WAYDetroit is preparing to play against veteran cornerback Aqib Talib , who has been out since Week 3 with an ankle injury."They have great players on the defense, and are getting another great player back this week," Patricia said.AP Sports Writer Greg Beacham in Thousand Oaks, California, contributed to this report.

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).