Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

Joe Robbins/Getty ImagesPete Rose believes Major League

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 26.03.2019 02:18
von panxing18 | 391 Beiträge

Baseball is in a bad place.Speaking to USA Today's Bob Nightengale on Saturday in Cooperstown Michael Wacha Jersey , New York, Rose said he believes the game has been tainted by juiced baseballs and an abundance of home runs."I'm going to argue with baseball until the day I die that baseball is juiced," he said. "I don't care what anybody says. They'll say it's not, which they have to. I saw a ball bounce behind the dugout the other day in Anaheim and it bounced into the second deck. Now, there's something going on there."I saw Bryce Harper break his bat in half, and hit a 420-foot home run in New York. That just doesn't happen. I know the ballparks are small. It just seems to me that everybody who plays baseball today is a potential home-run hitter."Rose added that he's "not real happy" when he watches baseball now from a fundamentals standpoint."It seems like back in the '70s and '80s we worked on fundamentals," he said. "We spent a little more time in the minor leagues than they do today because there are 30 teams, and they're going to hurry them to the big leagues."Too many guys just sit around waiting for that two-run http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-ozzie-smith-jersey , three-run home runs. The teams that put the ball in play go to the World Series."Individual preferences aside, Rose has a point considering MLB experienced a power spike last year. In fact, the 2017 campaign saw players combine to hit a single-season record 6,105 dingersp from 5,610 the year prior.We can't draw sweeping conclusions since the 2018 regular season is a couple of months from drawing to a close, but the Washington Post's Dave Sheinin noted that home run rates in March and April were down from 2.34 to 2.14 per game year-over-year. BALTIMORE (AP) — The New York Mets enjoyed a memorable night in the midst of a season that’s worth forgetting.Kevin Plawecki hit his first career grand slam during a nine-run sixth inning, Brandon Nimmo went 5 for 5 with three RBIs and the Mets breezed past the Baltimore Orioles 16-5 on Wednesday. Plawecki’s slam highlighted a 19-hit outburst for the Mets, who reached a season high in runs. Nimmo achieved a career high in hits and had two cracks at completing the cycle; Todd Frazier homered Albert Pujols Jersey , drove in four runs and fell a triple short of the cycle; and backup third baseman Jack Reinheimer got his first major league hit .Wilmer Flores also homered for the Mets, who earned a split of the two-game interleague series. New York finished 1-3 this season against the Orioles, who own the worst record in the majors.The Mets are nestled in fourth place in the NL East and have little chance to salvage a winning season. This game, however, was special to several players, most notably Nimmo.New York’s leadoff hitter was vying for the cycle after going single, double, double http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-stan-musial-jersey , triple in his first four at-bats. He was hit by a pitch in the seventh inning and wrapped up his night with a single in the ninth.The cycle didn’t happen, but Nimmo had no complaints.“I really was thinking that five hits would be pretty cool, too. Same with getting on base six times,” he said. “When I got that last hit I was ecstatic. Nights like these, you kind of just want to bottle up and live with them forever.”Zack Wheeler (8-6) gave up one run and five hits over five innings to win his sixth straight start. The right-hander was removed from the game by manager Mickey Callaway after the Mets sent 12 batters to the plate in a lengthy sixth against Dylan Bundy (7-11) and three relievers.After Bundy left with two on, Nimmo hit a two-run triple. A wild pitch let in a run and Frazier doubled in two runs before right-hander Evan Phillips issued a pair of walks to load the bases for Plawecki.Phillips fell behind in the count before grooving a fastball that Plawecki smacked into the left-field seats. It was only his 11th home run in 205 games over four seasons.“In that situation, I was just trying to find the barrel,” Plawecki said. “Obviously it was a really good result.”Bundy allowed seven runs and a career high-tying 11 hits in 5 1/3 innings Roger Maris Jersey , a performance that lifted his ERA to 4.99.“He’s not very crisp with his command,” manager Buck Showalter said. “He’ll make a couple good pitches and just can’t finish the at-bat sometimes. A couple of flares hurt him. We know what Dylan is capable of, he just hasn’t been able to get there really. It’s been off and on.”The bullpen was equally ineffective. After the game, the Orioles optioned Phillips to Triple-A Norfolk. Jonathan Villar homered for Baltimore and scored twice.TRAINER’S ROOMMets: David Wright (shoulder/back) went 0 for 3 while playing 3B for Class A St. Lucie and is hitless in three rehab games. He has not played a major league game since May 2016. … Jay Bruce (sore right hip) played 1B and went 2 for 4 for St. Lucie. He has been on the DL since June 18.COMFORTABLE CONFORTOThough Mets CF Michael Conforto went 1 for 8 with five strikeouts in the series, he’s batting .299 since the All-Star break.Conforto missed all of spring training after undergoing shoulder surgery last September.“I think that he’s finally finding more of a comfort zone,” Callaway said. “He’s done a great job of settling in, and we’re seeing a more consistent Michael Conforto out there every day.”UP NEXTMets: It’s up to Philadelphia for a single-admission doubleheader on Thursday. Corey Oswalt (1-2) will start the opener followed by Steven Matz (1-2), who’s been on the DL with a strained left arm. He will be limited to 80 pitches http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-matt-carpenter-jersey , Callaway said.Orioles: A rarity on Thursday for Baltimore, which gets its second day off this week (also Monday). The Orioles open a three-game series in Cleveland on Friday night.

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).