Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

Baseball players’ union officials met last month

in NEUES AUS DEM AUSLAND 09.05.2019 04:26
von panxing18 | 391 Beiträge

NEW YORK (AP) — with management of the four teams accused in a grievance of improper spending of revenue-sharing money http://www.royalsfanproshop.com/authentic-ryan-goins-jersey , people familiar with the grievance process told The Associated Press.Players’ association general counsel Ian Penny and Rick Shapiro, senior adviser to union head Tony Clark, were among the union executives who traveled to meet separately with officials of the Miami Marlins, Oakland Athletics, Pittsburgh Pirates and Tampa Bay Rays, the people said, speaking to the AP on condition of anonymity Tuesday because no announcements were authorized. An economist also was among the union officials who attended.At the time the grievance was filed in February, MLB denied any inappropriate use of revenue-sharing money, as did Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay. Oakland said it supported MLB’s statement, and new Marlins CEO Derek Jeter defended his team’s decision to rebuild and go young.Patrick Houlihan, Major League Baseball’s senior vice president and deputy general counsel for labor relations Bo Jackson Jersey , was at the four sessions along with MLB chief financial officer Bob Starkey and additional staff from the commissioner’s office, the people said.Teams made presentations and the union officials asked questions. The next step is unclear; a hearing before arbitrator Mark Irvings has not been scheduled.The four clubs have among the five lowest payrolls in the major leagues and only the Athletics appear headed to the postseason.Tampa Bay was at a major league low $70.5 million for its 40-man roster, according to Aug. 31 calculations by MLB, just below the Chicago White Sox at $71.3 million. Oakland was at $77.8 million, Miami at $89.5 million and Pittsburgh at $89.8 million. All other teams are at more than $99 million.Oakland will be disqualified from receiving revenue-sharing money starting with the offseason after the 2020 season, according to baseball’s labor contract.Clark has repeatedly declined comment on the grievance, which was filed after an unusually large percentage of free agents remained unsigned when spring training started. The era never really started, did it?"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections NewsAnalysis & EditorialsCleveland Indians prospects & minor leaguesGame RecapsTransactionsYandy Watch 2017The Yandy Watch EpilogueNew,71commentsThe era never really started, did it?ByMatt Schlichting@MattSchlichtingDec 14, 2018 http://www.royalsfanproshop.com/authentic-ryan-goins-jersey , 10:32am ESTShareTweetShareShareThe Yandy Watch EpilogueOrlando Ramirez-USA TODAY SportsWelcome to the meeting, friends old and new. I’d like to take a moment to review the journey we have all taken.Before the 2017 season I started a somewhat tongue-in-cheek series of posts about Yandy Diaz, the growing support for his inclusion on the Indians’ roster, and Timbits. Diaz posted strong numbers in spring training and certainly as a result of our efforts broke camp with the team. We logged his progress together using a goofy four quadrant chart and rooted for him to climb closer and closer to its upper-right corner.The day never quite came. Now if it does, it will not happen in Cleveland. The Indians traded Yandy Diaz to the Tampa Bay Rays as part of a three-team deal that you are likely familiar with by now. While all of us here at this meeting hope that the trade works out well for the Indians, it is bittersweet at best. For something like two years many of us shouted #FreeYandy. We hoped his release would happen in Cleveland and that he might fulfill the prophecies we dreamed up for him. It was not to be; the playing time here never materialized. Now, in Tampa, he will almost certainly see all of the playing time he wants. In a lot of ways Tampa is the perfect place for him. One, Tampa is known for being creative in their approaches to roster construction and management. That Diaz rarely lifts or pulls the baseball may not matter much to them in light of his overall run production. He can also man a few different positions, another trait that they value. Two, fielding a grounder mashed off of the bat of Diaz at Tropicana Field will be like catching a skipping stone.If he flourishes in Tampa I will be both proud and upset. I want him to be great. I think the reason that many of us are here is because Diaz is a unique baseball player with a captivating story. His father left Cuba when he was young to pursue a career in baseball and never quite made it. Diaz defected himself Danny Duffy Jersey , climbed his way to the majors, and has stalled at the brink of being an everyday player. The strength with which he hits the ball suggests that swing adjustments would lead to the kinds of home runs that end up as souvenirs to those walking past the stadium. He fought the belief that he was bad defensive third baseman, though that myth seems to be as persistent as the chupacabras. For me, there was something about rooting for Diaz that resonated with why I love baseball. He’s a kid that came from nowhere and wants to make a name for himself. His inability to find everyday playing time made him a perpetual underdog. At times it felt unjust, and there is a wonderful intersection of baseball and broader American culture where we complain about injustices while those with the power to fix them don’t. Or worse — they are blind to them.More to the point, there is an untapped potential in him that allowed me to wonder, What if? What kind of numbers might he post if he joins the launch angle revolution? What would it mean for the Indians’ journey toward a World Series title? What if he just got the time to prove what he is capable of without worrying about another trip down I-71?Baseball provides the most fertile soil in all of sports for, What if? And, Maybe next year. Maybe that’s why I’m drawn to it. There is a perpetual hope in this game that greatness rides the wake of the next pitch, or the next game, or the next season. There is an infinite mine of questions to debate Frank White Jersey , whether comparing players from different eras or projecting a player’s career if a certain injury had never happened. Maybe those bloom on the baseball field because they distract me from my inability to reckon with these questions in my own life — my own seasons, my own injuries, my own injustices. I won’t be happy if we meet in a bar somewhere years from now and mutter, “Man, can you imagine what the Indians could have done if they’d never traded Yandy Diaz.” Still, I hope that we have that conversation someday.

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).