Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

She took little bites and she chewed very slow

in NEUES AUS DEM AUSLAND 27.06.2019 03:56
von chenyan94 | 172 Beiträge

Samaje Perine Jersey , Just like a good girl should..." for Bud LiteThis series is called Salary Cap Nuggets because ‘nuggets’ is such an interesting word in English.It calls to mind chicken nuggets - tasty, bite sized and easy to eat.But it also calls to mind gold nuggets - small, but valuable.The salary cap is a product of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), which is a 301-page contract between the NFL Owners and the NFL Players Association.In these articles, I try to explore just one or two small parts of the NFL salary cap defined in the massive CBA.Hence, Salary Cap Nuggets - small, bite-sized, easy to digest, yet valuable information for NFL fans.The goal is to, one bite at a time, get a clear understanding of the salary cap.Click this link for handy access to all the Salary Cap NuggetsThere’s a question that has bothered me for years, and to which I’ve never known the answer.How do playoff teams handle the salary cap? What I mean is, they have to keep playing after the regular season ends.Do they get a salary cap credit?Is there some other mechanism... some special dispensation that is used to allow them to keep paying their players?Well, while reading the book Crunching Numbers this past week, I found information that answered that question.Teams pay a lot of costs that relate to players (called, interestingly enough, “Player Costs), but, as it turns out — and this is something I just learned this week from the book — there are only two “buckets” for player-related costs:Salary Cap Charges; andPlayer Benefit ChargesBasically, anything that is not a salary cap charge is a “Player Benefit Charge” because the CBA just isn’t any more granular than that, which leads to some odd items landing in the “benefit” bucket.The authors of Crunching Numbers had this to say:What you’ll see is that some of the items that end up in the ‘benefit’ bucket look like they should end up somewhere else, but — because ‘Player Benefit Charges’ are defined simply as any player cost that is not salary cap charge —the benefit bucket has to hold an odd assortment of costs that don’t seem to fit together neatly.The one that seems, to me, the most unlikely to be found in “Player Benefit Charges” is first item on the right side of the chart below, which appears on page 20 of the Crunching Numbers book; that is, “Postseason Salary”.Here’s the logic:The league, via the CBA and its salary cap provisions, is aiming to create a “level playing field” for all 32 teams to promote parity and competitiveness.The basic test of the usefulness of the salary cap is whether it puts all 32 teams into the same circumstances - whether each franchise faces the same limitations fairly.One obvious difference between teams is that twelve of them play in the post-season, and some teams keep playing — as many as three or four postseason games — until the Super Bowl winner is decided.This raises a question about finding a fair method of administering the salary cap that allows for playoffs without either unfairly punishing or rewarding playoff teams in the salary cap calculations.I expected to find some complex system of credits or adjustments in place, but what I’m learning more and more is that the CBA avoids complex formulas and adjustments.It is, by design, primarily a pragmatic document.The owners and players created a system that doesn’t require salary cap adjustments for playoff teams because postseason player costs are not charged to the salary cap. This seems a bit counter-intuitive; how can the money paid to players for playing football during the playoffs not be counted towards the salary cap?The logic lies in the idea that charging postseason playoff costs to salary cap would (i) create ‘unequal’ treatment between teams, meaning that the ‘level playing field’ would no longer exist; and (ii) a complex arrangement would need to be put into the system to re-level the field, and any such system would be flawed.The pragmatic CBA avoids these issues entirely by simply saying that postseason player costs are not part of salary cap charges. Since we only have two buckets for player costs, postseason player costs are classified as “Player Benefit Charges”, remembering that the definition of this category is any player costs that are not part of salary cap charges.It makes a bit more sense, perhaps, since individual teams don’t foot the bill for the playoff costs,Instead, playoff money comes from a league pool — so, a benefit.In the most recent playoffs, these are the amounts that were paid to players:Wild Card Round:Division Winner: $29,000Wild Card Team: $27,000Divisional Round: $29,000Conference Championship: $54,000Super Bowl Winner: $118,000Super Bowl Loser: $59,000Perhaps it would have been clearer (less confusing) to have given a different name to the second group of costs; perhaps instead of “Player Benefit Charges”, the category should have been “Other Player Charges”, but that isn’t what happened.The CBA defines the two buckets as shown in the chart above, and those are the labels used throughout the agreement.This handy chart helps us casual fans identify what gets charged to salary cap and what doesn’t.Just remember that the “Player Benefit Charges” is a ‘catch all’ bucket for any player cost that isn’t charged to the salary cap.Now, at least, I can stop losing sleep over the question of how playoff teams handle the salary paid to players in the post season. It’s legal tampering season! Let’s tamper!"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Looks Like Someone Has A Sixpack Of The MondaysDaily SlopRedskins RecapsEDTShareTweetShareShareLooks Like Someone Has a Sixpack of the MondaysReinhold Matay-USA TODAY SportsBecause we now have a “legal tampering period,” there are those out there who might think that there was a time when NFL teams refrained from illegal tampering. These people might actually believe that Albert Haynesworth and the Redskins worked out a $100 million deal inthe two minutes between when free agency opened and when the deal was announced. (To be fair...that is probably giving Dan Snyder too much credit in terms of deliberation.) No, NFL teams have perfected the art of tampering over the years, leading the league to throw up its hands and legalize it. Just so everyone is on the same page, legal tempering begins today, which opens up a two-day negotiating period for players hitting unrestricted free agency and prospective teams. While no deals can technically be agreed to during the next two days Montae Nicholson Jersey , the frameworks for deals can be hammered out which will lead to a huge news dump at 4 PM when a litany of contracts will be announced. It also provides for an E! Entertainment type of window when rumors fly and agents work overtime to try and make it seem like their clients are getting multiple offers from teams. The Washington Redskins aren’t flush with salary cap space, so the juice might not be especially juicy for us, but the team will make some room and get involved in the fun, because...well, because it’s Dan and Bruce.We did rumors here last week, so I’m not going to do another rumor post. We had an actual deal done since the last Sixpack, so let’s talk about the addition of Case Keenum. First and foremost on this trade...slow down and take a deep breath. The main thing I have been stressing ever since Alex Smith broke his leg is that the Redskins need cheap labor at the quarterback spot. This is because we still owe the one-legged man $51 million, and we still have plenty of needs elsewhere before we dedicate an additional $15-$20 million on another signal caller. My main goal is to somehow bridge the gap between now and when Alex Smith comes off the books, which is likely to be after NEXT season (2020, not this upcoming 2019 season). To restate my Alex Smith opinion—he ain’t EVER playing again, nor should he. Even after the 2020 season, he will count as $10 million in dead cap, but by then I hope the team will have determined a path forward at the position that is looking out more than one or two seasons. Today, we need cheap and available, as Steve Spurrier would say. (Has Spurrier been convicted yet of the crimes he committed against Patrick Ramsey? His stubborn refusal to employ ANY pass protection was at best gross negligence and at worst it was straight-up criminal misconduct.) If the Redskins were simply a quarterback away from being a contender, I could get behind trying to bring in a guy that would cost significantly more than Keenum. That is not where we are, so to me, Keenum makes a ton of sense. Stay with me...(but obviously feel free to disagree below).The best way to get cheap labor at the quarterback position is to draft a guy, and when you hit on the right guy playing on a rookie deal, your team has a decided advantage. The Redskins were cruising toward that eventuality prior to picking up Case Keenum, but now the team can be a bit more selective about which player it drafts in the first (or second) round. Of course, you need to be able to pick a guy you love, and at #15, the Redskins were more likely to be in the “love the one you’re with” boat. Drafting the wrong guy simply because he was the only available player when it was our turn to select would only compound our problem. Similarly, paying market rate for a free agent veteran could also hamper the Redskins ability to bring in the talent needed at other spots. A one-year deal for a veteran quarterback that has playoff experience and a $3.5 million price tag is kind of a dream come true. I am NOT saying Case Keenum is a dream come true—I am saying his contract is, and that is a huge distinction. I think Keenum is a major step up from Mark Sanchez and Josh Johnson. As for Colt McCoy, I also love him for his contract, which has him at a $3.375 cap hit next season. Neither Colt nor Case are signed after next season, so the team is not tied to any future money for these journeyman vets, instead only owing money to a guy who is probably never going to suit up again...ever. It says here that the Redskins can be efficient at the quarterback position in 2019 with Colt and Case manning the spot. Nobody expects fireworks or All-Pro performances, but these guys are capable trigger men if, for example, our offensive line stays healthy for once and/or if Derrius Guice is the player we think he is. No, I am not here selling you on the notion that the Redskins are all of a sudden top contenders with Case Keenum under center. Instead, I am trying to sell you on the notion that the Redskins are paying next to nothing for a veteran that should stabilize the quarterback position for one season. The team could still decide to draft a guy somewhere in the middle rounds in the hopes they get someone they like and can develop. The team could still decide to add ANOTHER quarterback at roughly the same price or better to add more depth to avoid getting to a point where Mark Sanchez is the best option and our only chance. The Alex Smith injury was catastrophic on multiple levels. For the man, it was and continues to be a life-changing event. He has lost a ton of body mass and fought off the kind of surgery-related infection that has claimed lives. It would be miraculous if he was able to get back into the kind of shape that allowed for his athletic style of play, but I think it would be foolish for him to ever step on the field again. It seems I am not even close to being alone in this thinking, but the pride and determination that go with being the kind of guy Alex Smith is will make this story drag out well into next year. Case Keenum doesn’t arrive as a savior for Washington, but he does plug a one-year hole at an insanely reasonable rate, giving the team flexibility in both free agency and the draft. I am not sure why people are failing to see this as a win for the team.Moving onto free agency and tampering, I am watching closely to see who the Redskins might be linked to or at least discussing contract terms with over the next couple days. I’ll give you two guys I want to see us connected to, starting with an offensive lineman. As some of you know, I pulled hard for the Skins to take A.J. Cann in the 2015 draft. The South Carolina product was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the third round and has spent the majority of his career starting at right guard. I’ll be honest—he hasn’t set the world on fire, earning average grades from outlets like PFF, but the hope is that this means he could be affordable. The 27-year old would be an upgrade for the Redskins at guard with Shawn Lauvao not likely to return, and he could provide some room for the team to draft and develop a young player. Given we have gone through about 329 different offensive linemen (give or take) over the past few seasons, it strikes me that we should be looking to both sign and draft players who can play in the interior of the o-line. Again, not calling Cann a savior here at all, but he could look good next to Trent Williams on a potentially reasonable contract. I say “potentially” because free agent offensive linemen have been breaking the bank as of late. Let’s just get the Landon Collins point in here. Yes, I want him on our team. I have no idea if the Redskins can actually land him, even despite him saying he would love to play where Sean Taylor played. Multiple teams with plenty of money are going to make a run at him, but I am hard-pressed to find any other teams with as many former Alabama players on it...who knows if that helps get the deal done? We should have the money to land a player like Landon, so we shall see. His signing would also dictate, in part, how the early goings of the draft would go for the Skins. At the very least, I want to see some high-level tampering going on between Washington and Landon’s agent! (I would also like to see the Redskins linked to wide receivers Devin Funchess and Tyrell Williams, but neither would be a higher priority for me than Landon Collins.)

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).