Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

Anatomy of defeat Close your eyes. What if

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 30.07.2019 10:17
von panxing18 | 391 Beiträge

I told you C.J. Beathard would throw for close to 350 yards Justin Skule San Francisco 49ers Jersey , and the San Francisco 9ers would go 10 for 17 on 3rd downs. What if I told you we would achieve close to 450 yards of total offense, and hold our competition to only half that. Imagine our defense holding the opposing quarterback to less than 50% completion percentage and a mere 2 of 12 on third downs. Would you believe we would lose such a game? I checked the box score twice. How could such a dynamic performance earn us a loss? One word, turnovers. We had five of them to be exact. Now some of our giveaways were pretty black and white, however in doing some in depth review, some turnovers have multiple parties at fault. We win as a team, we lose as a team. Let’s get into the film.Our first clip is an interception. After such a promising drive to start the game watching this pick was frustrating. I should’ve known we were in for a rough day when Robbie Gould missed the extra point after the first score. Robbie never misses, it was fore shadowing. We run this play action pass several times a game. The run action brings the line backers up, the wide receiver at the bottom of the screen runs a deep route to clear the secondary. This leaves a nice area for Pierre Gar莽on to run a crossing route across the field. However on this play the normally sure handed Gar莽on simply drops the ball. Super slow mo shows the throw might’ve been maybe half a foot too high, but that's really nit picking. Another factor is Patrick Peterson, who’s in coverage, gets there just a split second early, and prevents Gar莽on from really running through the catch, and he ends up sort of extending for it more he normally would without the tight coverage. Blame: Pierre Gar莽on.Our next clip is a fumble by running back Raheem Mostert. After Matt Breida went down he was put in action to relieve Alfred Morris. He has great speed, but is relegated to special teams duty for this very reason. He has ball control issues. He has 13 career regular season carries, and 2 fumbles lost. That’s a fumble every 6.5 carries just about. In comparison Alfred Morris has 1,324 career carries, and only 8 fumbles lost. This fumble however, has some co-defendants. While obviously it’s Mostert’s job to hold on to the ball. Offensive linemen Mike McGlinchey and Laken Tomlinson add to the scenario that caused the fumble. At the snap we’re running stretch run right. McGlinchey is unable to drive his defender which sets the edge, and this prevents Mostert from getting out wide to use his speed. As he cuts up the field, there’s a small lane, however Tomlinson’s defender Richard Sherman Jersey , Rodney Gunter No. 95, beats him across his face, and in turn tackles Mostert in the backfield causing the fumble. Blame: Mostly Mostert but poor execution by McGlinchey and very poor execution by Tomlinson.Our next clip is a strip sack. The difference between Beathard and Jimmy Garoppolo is Jimmy’s ability to quickly progress through his options and find the open guy. Often times we see him completing passes to his 3rd, sometimes 4th read. I believe both of them share similar arm talent, and both move well but, this play outlines that specific difference. Kyle Shanahan draws up a great play action pass. It just looks like the timing between CJ and wide receiver Richie James is off. CJ is waiting and waiting for him to break off this curl route. However in waiting CJ misses a wide open Kyle Juszczyk. It also doesn’t help on this play that Joe Staley, who had his hands full all game, gets beat badly. As CJ hits the top of his drop he also has the option to step up through the pocket and give Staley a better angle to recover, but CJ just does this little hop thing and ends up losing the football.Blame: CJ Beathard mostly but Staley’s job is to block and he failed at that as well. Our next clip is another strip sack. Here’s where I add some of the blame to the coaching staff. I left the down and distance frame up for context. Two point game, 5 minutes left, and we’re just about 10 yards from midfield. It is 2nd and 11, but we don’t need to get it all on one play. A field goal would win it. We just saw a strip sack no less than 2 minutes ago, yet Shanahan continues to put CJ in positions for bad things to happen. Our running game has been pretty consistent since week one. In fact, we’re averaging five yards a carry. We also know CJ’s thing has always been holding the ball too long, so I’m pretty sure Kyle knows it, but it’s like he’s too stubborn to change his play calling. He wants to show everyone, even with a backup he can still run deep passes. It’s overkill.Arizona is showing blitz here, I highlighted all 8 defenders in the box. We’re in 4 wide with Morris in the backfield to block. Morris is 5’11 probably with spikes on. I googled it and the average height for an NFL defensive lineman is 6’3. The weight difference is even wider. Despite that the blitz is picked up. The strip sack occurs because CJ is waiting for Trent Taylor to break open. He never looks at anyone else. CJ stares down Taylor, as he fights to get free. He does but by then it’s too late. George Kittle is open at the top of the screen on a quick out. The other two receivers are running deep routes. Blame: CJ Beathard, move to the next progression. Kyle Shanahan for not running more, especially with Captain “hold the ball” behind center Jalen Hurd Jersey , and the refs, that was illegal contact.Our last clip, is the last pick of the game. CJ is desperate at this point being down two scores and is trying to push the issue. Problem is it’s first down and there’s plenty of plays to come if we just string together some completions. Instead he tries to fit the ball between three defenders in zone coverage, and he’s inaccurate. It’s possible he could’ve taken the short completion to Kittle at the top of the screen. I initially in review thought maybe he was expecting Victor Bolden to sit down and run more of a curl, but in review both outside receivers run the same crossing type route so it wasn’t an option route that was misread. This is just a poor throw.Blame: CJ BeathardThis week, we face Green Bay and I want to see if Kyle and Co. learned anything from this game. Will they call more plays like that first drive that take advantage of defensive tendencies? Or will we continue to see six and seven step drops with long developing routes. One silver lining is CJ has drawn several personal fouls for roughing the passer and body weight penalties which never happened with Jimmy G. He simply got the ball out before anyone could touch him let alone land on him. The defense will face a stiff challenge, but it will be up to the offense to score and do their part to win the game. Green Bay is reeling right now and could be overlooking the 49ers. If we play defensively like we did on Sunday, we could have a shot of only losing by 3. Lol Go Niners! GLENDALE, Ariz. — Rookie Josh Rosen came into the huddle to start Arizona’s final drive with a few choice words.“We’re going to win this (expletive) game,” he said.And the Cardinals did just that.Rosen threw a 9-yard touchdown pass to fellow rookie Christian Kirk with 34 seconds to play to rally the Arizona Cardinals to an 18-15 victory over the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday in a matchup of teams with two of the worst records in the NFL.“That was a lot of fun,” Rosen said. “That’s why sports are fun.”The Cardinals, winners at home for the first time under first-year coach Steve Wilks, beat San Francisco for the eighth straight time and second time in three weeks.“Our defense gave us a very good chance to win that, giving us three turnovers and getting us a 12-point lead,” San Francisco coach Kyle Shanahan said. “We didn’t capitalize on them enough for touchdowns and we didn’t make the plays at the end when we needed to.”Arizona (2-6) got two fourth-quarter touchdown passes from Rosen after the 49ers (1-7) had built a 15-3 lead.Rosen’s 13-yard pass to Larry Fitzgerald cut the lead to 15-10 with 11:06 to play. Fitzgerald also caught a 2-point conversion pass after Kirk’s TD.Fitzgerald, in his 15th NFL season, caught eight passes for 102 yards, his best game of the season. He had four catches for 81 yards in the fourth quarter and the crowd chanted “LAR-RY, LAR-RY.”“I threw him the ball and he caught it, whether it was a good ball or a bad ball,” Rosen said. “That’s why he’s a first-ballot Hall of Famer. I’m going to be telling my kids one day that I got to throw to him.”Fitzgerald even spiked the football after the 2-point catch Jalen Hurd San Francisco 49ers Jersey , something he said he’d never done before.“We don’t spike the ball in our house,” Wilks said, “but I’ll let that one slide. I think he got carried away.”Fitzgerald joked that he’d been upset because his oldest son had chosen to go to the state fair instead of the game.C.J. Beathard connected with Marquise Goodwin on a 55-yard play for the 49ers’ only touchdown.San Francisco was slogging along with a 5-3 lead before Goodwin beat Patrick Peterson and took a short pass over the middle, then raced to the end zone to make it 12-3 in the third quarter. Robbie Gould‘s second field goal of the game, from 20 yards, boosted the lead to 15-3.San Francisco appeared to get a critical turnover with 4:44 to play, needing a coach’s challenge to get it. Arizona tight end Jermaine Gresham fumbled along the sideline and the 49ers’ Fred Warner recovered at the San Francisco 31. Officials initially ruled a 49er touched the ball while out of bounds, but the 49ers challenged and replays showed the player tried but failed to touch it.But the Niners couldn’t move the ball and Arizona went 73 yards in 12 plays for the winning score, using 1:42.The two TD drives came under the direction of new offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich, who was promoted from quarterbacks coach after Mike McCoy was fired.“We really didn’t change much in the offense,” Rosen said. “One thing I think Byron’s really good with is just his demeanor. … He’s got really good timing with a lot of his play calls. He’s got that poise. He’s a steadying force. It wasn’t a pretty one by any means, but baby steps here.”San Francisco scored first when, backed up deep in Arizona territory, Rosen was called for intentional grounding in the end zone. The resulting safety made it 2-0.The only real scoring drive of the first half resulted in Dawson’s 31-yard field goal that put Arizona up 3-2. The 12-play, 78-yard drive was kept alive by a third-down pass interference penalty on Reuben Foster.The only turnover of the first half set up San Francisco’s go-ahead field goal. Jaquiski Tartt stepped in front of intended receiver Kirk and intercepted Rosen’s pass, returning it 21 yards to the Cardinals 12. But the 49ers couldn’t move the ball and Gould’s 27-yard field goal put San Francisco ahead 5-3.FITZ HITS 112Fitzgerald’s 112th career touchdown catch moves him past Tony Gonzalez alone into seventh on the NFL career list. He’s caught a TD pass in each of his last two games after getting none the first six games of the season. He needs three to tie Antonio Gates for sixth.UP NEXTCardinals have bye week, and next play at Kansas City on Nov. 11.

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).