Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

LENZERHEIDE, Switzerland -- Marcel Hirscher clinched his third straight overall World Cup title on Saturday but couldnt prevent

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 05.08.2019 09:25
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

LENZERHEIDE, Switzerland -- Marcel Hirscher clinched his third straight overall World Cup title on Saturday but couldnt prevent Ted Ligety from winning his fifth season-long giant slalom trophy. Justin Upton Jersey . A race that came down to a few hundredths of a second saw Hirscher finish fourth, giving him enough points to clinch the sports biggest prize. Ligety won the race and thereby tied the Austrian on points in the season-long discipline standings, giving the American the GS title on a tiebreaker as he had more race victories. "Its an unbelievable happy day," said Hirscher, content to concede the discipline to the American dubbed "Mr. GS" by race announcers. "My big goal was the overall World Cup title and I got it and Im so happy," said the 25-year-old Hirscher, the first man to win three in a row since American Phil Mahre completed the feat in 1983. Hirscher needed 19 points to overtake Aksel Lund Svindal of Norway, who led the standings going into the race but skied out in the first run. Fourth place gave the Austrian 50 points. Hirscher completed Austrias first overall title double since 2002, after Anna Fenninger clinched her first womens title this week. They both come from villages near Salzburg and raced each other as juniors. Ligety earned his victory in a crowd-pleasing race by just 0.03 seconds ahead of runner-up Alexis Pinturault of France, in a two-run combined time of 2 minutes, 15.63 seconds. "Im super-thrilled. That was by the skin of my teeth today," Ligety said. He still relied on a big assist from first-run leader Felix Neureuther of Germany to make clinch the discipline title as the narrow margins all fell Ligetys way. Ligety, the Olympic champion in GS, was second-fastest in the morning and had time in the start house to absorb the second-leg target set by Hirscher. Hirscher finished outside provisional leader Pinturaults time, leaving Ligety an opening. The 29-year-old American came down barely faster than Pinturault, drawing applause from Hirscher who was in the finish area already knowing he was overall champion. Ligety then needed his good friend Neureuther to finish second or third in the narrow time gap between himself and Hirscher. Neureuther did it in the tightest way possible, finishing 0.01 ahead of Hirscher, who was relegated to fourth. With 10 fewer points awarded for fourth than third, he fell into a tie with Ligety on 560 over the eight-race season. Ligety got the tiebreaker with five World Cup race wins against Hirschers two. "Felix, I owe a lot of beers," Ligety said. Hirscher was smiling later, after watching Ligety and Neureuther roll around the finish-area snow in celebration. "He is not allowed to travel to Austria. It is over. Just kidding," Hirscher said of Neureuthers intervention. They will renew their rivalry Sunday for the season-long slalom title. "He is very mad about me so its going to be very close," said Neureuther, who leads Hirscher by five points in the slalom standings. Henrik Kristoffersen of Norway is also in contention. Svindal faded again, extending his disappointing series of results since leaving the Sochi Olympics early, affected by allergies and without a medal. He is not competing in Sundays slalom. "It was a good season but it could have been fantastic," said Svindal, who won the World Cup titles in downhill and super-G though all but conceded the overall title to Hirscher earlier in the week. "That was too bad, because I had a really good opportunity to win the biggest thing a ski racer can win," said Svindal, a two-time former overall champion. Ligety completed a race double for the U.S. team Saturday, with Mikaela Shiffrin earlier winning her fifth World Cup slalom this season. The American anthem played four times in quick succession for a crowd of 10,500 at the Swiss venue -- twice each for Ligety and Shiffrins race and season title victories. The Austrian anthem will dominate Sunday, when Hirscher and Fenninger get their giant crystal globes. J. C. Ramirez Angels Jersey . The Redskins announced Monday that the quarterback who led the team to the Super Bowl championship in the 1987 season will serve as a personnel executive. Mike Trout Angels Jersey . The Detroit Tigers star had microfracture surgery Friday to repair the medial and lateral meniscus in his left knee. "I dont want to say it was a surprise," team president and general manager Dave Dombrowski said. http://www.baseballangelslockroom.com/justin-bour-angels-jersey/ . Just ask last seasons Supporters Shield winners, the New York Red Bulls, who were resoundingly defeated last weekend by a rampant Vancouver Whitecaps in a match which produced two contenders for MLS Goal of the Week from Sebastian Fernandez and Pedro Morales.Dundee United boss Mixu Paatelainen reckons it would be a senseless decision if he was dismissed following the clubs relegation. A campaign steeped in misery was capped for the suffering United fans when Dundee came from behind to win 2-1 in Mondays derby match at Dens Park.Edward Ofere had given the visitors the lead before Kostadin Gadzhalovs equaliser, and Uniteds fate was sealed in stoppage-time when Craig Wighton netted the winner. Paatelainen replaced Jackie McNamara at Tannadice in October but his appointment did not produce the spark the stagnant squad required.The Finn repeatedly questioned the character of the players he inherited but of the five signings Paatelainen made, only goalkeeper Eiji Kawashima was in the line-up that lost to Dundee.Although Paatelainen accepts his position is now in doubt, he insisted he is the man to lead United out of next seasons Championship. Dundee United suffered relegation to the Scottish Championship He said: We have been here a few months now, working with this team and for the club. Weve got the necessary knowledge of what has to be done.To be honest, we did identify early on the things that needed to be done. The knowledge is there, the plan is there. Not only player-wise but also off the field, football related. I think only a fool would put that to waste, the knowledge that we have.After registering just five league wins since taking over, United are staring at their first campaign outside of the top division in 20 years.When asked if he had considered walking away, Paatelainen said: No. I dont give up. We came here this season. The ship was sinking already. We tried to tackle those problems personnel-wise. The January window is difficult and we have improved, just not enough Dundee United scorer Edward Ofere (l) and Mark Durnan at full-time Mistakes keep creeping in and we simply cant afford to have that. Shohei Ohtani Angels Jersey. That is why we need a totally new angle on things. I am desperate to do that, I love working hard, I dont count hours, I dont have days off.Look at the support today... it has been a miserable season for us and the supporters have been there for us every day. Tonight we gave them a little bit, though not enough to put up with their suffering.I think the players attitude towards work is excellent, they are honest boys, they try their best, it just isnt good enough. There is softness, slackness, they think someone else can track those players. It is a mentality thing. Dundees Paul McGowan (left) with Paul Dixon Paatelainen concedes it would be helpful if under-pressure chairman Stephen Thompson, whose own future is undecided after he announced he is looking for someone to buy the club from him, set him and the supporters straight on his plans for next season.I dont dictate what the chairman does, said the 49-year-old. I work for the club, for the team, and it is as simple as that.I have a contract and I work regardless of whether there is a statement out about my future. I dont mind speculation although I dont think it is healthy for the club, maybe that would help the situation but I dont advise the chairman. I dont expect him to do anything. Also See: Dundee Utd fixtures Dundee Utd stats Scottish Prem table ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).