Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

VANCOUVER - Sebastien Sasseville remembers a time when he couldnt even run around the block. [url=http://www.balenciagaoutletuk.

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 08.08.2019 05:38
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

VANCOUVER - Sebastien Sasseville remembers a time when he couldnt even run around the block. Balenciaga Sneakers Sale Uk .Diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 22, the college student wasnt physically active to begin with and faced a choice — allow the disease to control his life or take charge of it himself.My first run I think I ran for about 250 metres and thats all I could do, said Sasseville. We all start from somewhere.That somewhere would eventually take Sasseville, now 35, all the way across Canada after he completed a 9 1/2-month run on Friday to raise diabetes awareness and give hope to people living with the disease.Its not about running fast, its not about running across Canada, Sasseville said after completing the trek of more than 7,500 kilometres on World Diabetes Day. Its about making that first step and making that conscious decision that my lifes going to be great, I want to set high goals, I want to pursue my dreams.The run is all about making that conscious choice, taking control, owning your disease and taking every necessary step to manage it properly.Its estimated 300,000 Canadians have Type 1 diabetes, which results from the bodys immune system destroying the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas. With little or no natural insulin, the body cant regulate how it uses and stores sugar, meaning injections are needed several times a day to prevent a buildup of sugar in the bloodstream.Ive learned so much this year. Overcoming Type 1 diabetes is all about overcoming obstacles, said Sasseville, who lives in Quebec City. Thats the message I wanted to get across — get up, work hard, set high goals, dont give up and live a life thats inspired.Type 1 diabetes differs from the more common Type 2 form in which the body becomes resistant to insulin or the pancreas doesnt produce enough of the hormone.Three million people in Canada live with a form of diabetes, said Sasseville. Its an important day and I really hope that people who live with diabetes across Canada will be inspired by the run.Sasseville was greeted in Vancouvers Stanley Park by a throng of screaming school children and supporters, including his parents, girlfriend and sister.I could have never dreamed of running across Canada 10 years ago, said Sasseville, his feet still wet after walking into English Bay. To have done it that way where the whole focus was on a cause, on a message — not necessarily on a guy running — that was a blessing.Also in attendance was Patrick St. Martin, Sassevilles best friend and driver who lived with the runner in an RV ever since the pair left St. Johns, N.L., on Feb. 2.To see the impact we can have on kids, on people, its just amazing. Were all overwhelmed with what is happening right now, said St. Martin. Its 9 1/2 months on the road. Canadas a long country. There were obviously times when we would feel a little bit lonely, but events like (Friday) and meeting people, its just crazy. Its amazing how powerful it is and how impactful the run is on people.The duo said they remain close after all that time together, adding there wasnt a single argument while on the road.We had some hard days, of course, said Sasseville. Its 180 marathons that you run on sore legs ... some doubts, some tough days, but thats when it really counts. Discipline only counts when you dont feel like going for a run.Added St. Martin: We had one goal in mind (and) it was to inspire people. I think that was what drove us to do it the right way.Sasseville took part in dozens of events across the country, but it was a boy from Windsor, Ont., who left him with a lasting impression.Jack Poisson, who also has Type 1 diabetes, met Sasseville when he came to town and the pair kept in touch by phone throughout the run.He was such an intelligent kid and very inspiring himself, said Sasseville. I think Jack represents a whole generation of kids living with Type 1 diabetes that are hoping to live a full life. (They) may have doubts and fears, but I think with events like the run across Canada, if we can get to them and let them know Hey youre going to be able to live the life you want, thats cool.Poisson — who took his support of Sasseville even further, raising more than $2,700 by asking for donations instead of birthday presents and also fundraising at his school — was at the finish line with his family to cheer on his hero.Its my first time in Vancouver, said Poisson. It really means a lot to me because I get to see one of my good friends finish running across Canada.Sasseville has also taken part in Ironman events, raced across the Sahara Desert and was the first Canadian with Type 1 diabetes to reach the summit of Mount Everest, but accomplishing this feat intrigued him.I found running across Canada very interesting, he said. I knew there would be a lot of challenges with that, but that was the pull. You always learn great stuff when you give yourself the gift of maybe failing.Sasseville said the feeling he had Friday was better than the one experienced after conquering Mount Everest in 2008.Mount Everest is all about you. You get to the top and its a personal achievement, he said. Whereas ... that feeling of having built something and having thousands of people being a part of it — that is priceless.For a man who seems set on pushing his limits, Sasseville is content to relax — at least for a little while.Rest, sleep, steak, he said of the comforts he missed while on road. Its all the little things. I miss a warm shower that lasts more than five minutes. Balenciaga Outlet Online Uk . For Sweed, a second round pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2008, this will be his second go around in the CFL after previously having spent time with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Balenciaga Shoes Outlet Uk . The redshirt freshman finished the regular season with nearly 3,500 passing yards, and 35 touchdowns with another three on the ground while leading the Seminoles to the top of the BCS Rankings. http://www.balenciagaoutletuk.com/ . Betancourt was 2-5 with a 4.08 ERA and 16 saves for the Rockies last season before tearing a ligament in his pitching elbow. He considered undergoing platelet-rich plasma therapy to fix his arm, but announced in August his decision to have Tommy John surgery.CLEVELAND -- The Indians playoff push hit a snag in Sundays 2-1 loss to the New York Mets. Cleveland managed only five hits -- all singles -- and closer Chris Perez gave up the go-ahead run in the ninth as the Indians four-game winning streak came to an end. The Indians entered Sunday trailing Tampa Bay by a game in the battle for the second wild card spot in the American League. Cleveland was trying for its first five-game winning streak since a season-best eight-game run July 24-Aug. 1, but its offence was stopped cold by five Mets pitchers. The Indians only run came in the sixth when Asdrubal Cabrera was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded. Cabrera had a chance to put the Indians ahead in the eighth but bounced into an inning-ending double play with the bases loaded. The Indians had one last shot in the ninth. Jason Giambi led off the inning with a bloop single to left, his 2,000th career hit. With one out, pinch-runner Mike Aviles was thrown out attempting to steal second and ejected by umpire Gary Darling for arguing the call. Drew Stubbs struck out to end the game. "Its something Ill always treasure, but Id trade it for a win," Giambi said of his milestone hit. "We needed to come back and tie it there." The Indians open a three-game series Monday against Kansas City, another contender for a wild card spot. "We took two of three in this series, you have to look at it that way," said pitcher Joe Smith, who worked out a bases-loaded, one-out jam in the eighth. "We come back on the horse tomorrow. We need to take care of business when they come in." While the Indians are in the playoff hunt, they havent caught on with Clevelands fans. With the Browns opening the NFL season at home against Miami, Sundays baseball game drew a crowd of only 13,317. Eric Youngs two-out double in the ninth sent the Indians to defeat. Juan Lagares started the rally with a single off Perez (5-3) and moved to second on a sacrifice. Omar Quintanilla struck out, but Young lined a 2-0 pitch down the right field line. Frank Francisco (1-0), in his first appearance of the season, threw the double play ball to Cabrera. LaTroy Hawkins pitched the ninth for his eighth save. Daisuke Matsuzaka, who spent most of the season pitching for the Indians Triple-A team in Columbus, Ohio, took a one-hit shutout into the sixth before literally being driven out of the game. He retired the first two batters before Jason Kipnis singled and Carlos Santana walked. Jason Kubels line drive backk to the mound appeared to hit Matsuzaka in the chest and rolled away, loading the bases. Cheap Balenciaga Sneakers Uk. Mets manager Terry Collins went to the mound and pulled Matsuzaka for right-hander Vic Black, who hit Cabrera in the lower right leg with his second pitch to force in a run and tie the game. Matsuzaka pitched poorly in his first three starts with the Mets since being signed last month, leading to speculation his days with the team were numbered. He was charged with one run in 5 2-3 innings, which should buy him some extra time with the Mets. "He pitched an outstanding game," Collins said. "Boy, I was really happy for him." Justin Turner hit a leadoff homer in the fourth off Indians starter Danny Salazar, the only run the rookie allowed in four innings. Turner was injured in the sixth while sliding into second base when he took a hard tag in the head from Cabrera. He was on the ground for a couple of minutes but stayed in the game. Salazar struck out eight in three innings, including five in a row, but a high pitch count prevented him from working deeper into the game. He was pulled after throwing 80 pitches. The Indians dont want to take any chances with the 23-year-old right-hander, who had Tommy John surgery in 2010 and has already pitched a career-high 130 innings between the minors and majors. "The good thing was that he was strong, but maybe he was too strong," Indians manager Terry Francona said. "He had a real hard time keeping the ball down today. Because of that his pitch count was high. He had a hard time working down today." NOTES: Mets RHP Matt Harvey (elbow) will be examined by Dr. James Andrews to determine if he needs reconstruction surgery. Harvey was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Aug. 27 with a partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament. ... OF Michael Brantley could return to the team Monday. His wife, Melissa, gave birth to the couples first child Saturday night. .... Francona said RHP Justin Masterson (strained left oblique) will likely accompany the team on a road trip that begins Thursday in Chicago. Its unclear when Masterson will resume baseball activities. ... Francisco joined the team after being recalled from a rehab assignment from Triple-A Las Vegas on Saturday. He had elbow surgery in December. ... RHP Ubaldo Jimenez (10-9) faces Royals; RHP Ervin Santana (8-8). ... The Mets return home to start a four-game series with Washington on Monday. RHP Carlos Torres (3-3) meets LHP Gio Gonzalez (9-6). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).