Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

ATLANTA (AP) — In the past decade

in NEUES AUS DEM AUSLAND 15.08.2019 05:31
von chenyan94 | 172 Beiträge

Von Miller Jersey , four defensive backs from the modern era have made the Pro Football Hall of Fame.On Saturday, five of them are up for consideration.Cornerback Champ Bailey and safety Ed Reed are in their first year of eligibility. Cornerback Ty Law and safeties John Lynch and Steve Atwater each have been this route before and fallen short.There are 26 defensive backs in the Canton shrine, not a particularly high number; 26 quarterbacks are in the hall, and only one of them is on the field at a time — OK, the Saints sometimes go with two. Most defenses have at least four DBs out there at a time, and more often these days there are five or six.So the relative shortage of coverage guys and bone-shattering tacklers from the secondary could get addressed this year.“Man, just a playmaker,” Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta says of Reed, who was a five-time All-Pro, won a Super Bowl for the 2012 season, made the All-Decade team of the 2000s, and was the 2004 Defensive Player of the Year.“Ed just always had a great knack for making a critical play in a critical situation. He was a finisher. He was a guy that when the lights were on, he was going to make the play.”DeCosta recalls a game against Washington:“I’ll never forget that night game when he blocked the punt, recovered the fumble and basically, singlehandedly, won that game for us. He just had a flare for making the best play of the game.”Reed’s fellow newcomer to the process, Bailey, starred for the Redskins for five seasons, then for another 10 with Denver. A three-time All-Pro who also made the 2000s All-Decade squad, he had 52 interceptions and was a lockdown cornerback for most of his career. Bailey also played some offense and returned punts.“I just loved to play. That’s why I did so much,” he says. “I love to do it, it wasn’t because I was good at it. A lot of guys are good at it, but they hate putting in the work. That’s what I love to do.“When I went to college, it was the same thing. When I got to NFL, I wanted to do everything. I did as much as I could, as long as I could, and as long as they allowed me. Then once I got a little older, I got a little smarter and realized that I shouldn’t be doing all of this stuff. But it’s football and I miss the game.”Lynch was the bulwark of the Tampa 2 defense for the Buccaneers and then the Broncos, winning a Super Bowl with Tampa Bay. Law also won rings, getting three with New England, and had 53 interceptions. Atwater, as fierce a hitter as the safety position has seen, won two Super Bowls with the Broncos.There is a definite Denver flavor to this year’s class, with team owner Pat Bowlen on the ballot as a contributor. The other contributors’ category nominee is long-time Cowboys and league executive Gil Brandt, and the senior candidate is former Chiefs safety Johnny Robinson. They are considered separately from the modern-era guys.Along with DB, the offensive line is loaded with contenders, featuring center Kevin Mawae, tackles Steve Hutchinson and Tony Boselli, and guard Alan Faneca. All have been finalists before. Mawae, Faneca and Hutchinson also made the All-Decade team of the 2000s DeMarcus Ware Jersey , Boselli was voted to the 1990s squad.The other first-year eligible player in the mix is Tony Gonzalez, who holds most of the NFL’s career records for tight ends.Wide receiver Issac Bruce, running back Edgerrin James, defensive lineman Richard Seymour and coaches Don Coryell and Tom Flores are the other finalists.A maximum of five modern-era candidates can make it, and a maximum of eight overall.Inductions will be on Aug. 3.FOX Fantasy AutoForm a Racing Team, Compete for PrizesPlay Now! The Colts are serving as Chad Kelly‘s latest last chance.And for his part, Kelly seems to realize that, or is at least saying the things that would indicate it.The former Broncos, former Ole Miss, former Clemson, former Last Chance U quarterback with a long string of off-field incidents is getting a shot in OTAs with the Colts, serving as their fourth quarterback while starter Andrew Luck is on the shelf with a calf strain.He was drafted by the Broncos on the recommendation of his uncle, former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly, and that link probably didn’t hurt with Colts coach and Jim’s longtime backup quarterback Frank Reich either.But after being released by the Broncos following a weird trespassing arrest, Chad Kelly wasn’t sure he’d get another shot.“I was living in Buffalo, living in my parents’ basement,” Kelly said, via Vic Carucci of the . “Just reflecting, reading the Bible, reading testimonies, just reading different things to kind of clear my brain, to kind of refocus. To understand that you are lucky to play this great game – 20 years of hard work can be gone just like that. I have had two ACLs.“I have had multiple shakeups, but you know what, one thing is I am going to keep on bouncing back. Whether it’s yesterday, tomorrow, whatever the future might hold, but I am going to hit it straight on.”He made multiple religious references, which ought to play well with Reich (an ordained minister), and Reich said he spoke with Jim Kelly prior to bringing Chad in.“Whenever you take a person in Chad’s situation, it’s a case-by-case basis,” Reich said. “I felt like, from the tape that we saw, what the scouts thought [and] what we saw looking at the tape, the vetting that we did, the people we talked to, it just felt like we would give Chad a chance here to come in and compete as the fourth guy coming in and felt comfortable at that point with it.”With his long list of troubles, Chad won’t be able to trade on his uncle’s name many more times, and his shot with the Colts is likely slim to begin with, as they have an entrenched backup in Jacoby Brissett and Phillip Walker ahead of him on the depth chart.

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).