Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

TORONTO - The Blue Jays and Brandon Morrow have set a mid-October deadline for a final decision on how to deal with the entrappe

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 23.08.2019 09:22
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

TORONTO - The Blue Jays and Brandon Morrow have set a mid-October deadline for a final decision on how to deal with the entrapped radial nerve in the pitchers forearm. Adnan Januzaj Jersey . "Im halfway through my no-throwing, now," said Morrow of his six-week shutdown period. "Then Ill rehab it, start strengthening it and then start throwing. I havent been doing anything below the elbow. Theyve been working on the nerve in my neck and shoulder just to work on it up top just to give it more slack down below." Morrow was prescribed the six weeks of rest by noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Hes visiting Toronto to confer with Blue Jays doctors and will remain with the club through its series in Phoenix next week. Hes been rehabbing near his home in Scottsdale, Arizona and will resume doing so when the team departs for Minneapolis. By mid-October, Morrow plans to be up on a mound and airing it out. There is to be no guesswork with the final decision. The problem is, with such a rare injury, there was some guesswork with the diagnosis. Andrews ruled out all other possibilities after an MRI and other extensive tests turned up nothing. Nerve problems dont show on scans. "They cant pinpoint exactly, you know Ive had scans and pictures and I had an EMG where they stick a bunch of needles in your arm and get little electrical readings and that still doesnt tell you exactly where it is," said Morrow. "They dont know until they open up and I think even when they do open it up they release the whole nerve, not just a very specific point." Its a procedure Morrow is hoping to avoid. However, he says the recovery time from such a surgery would be three months, making him available for the start of spring training in mid-February. "Thats why that date (mid-October) is picked," said Morrow. Morrows last start was on May 28 against the Braves. He says he first felt pain in his forearm in the start prior, on May 23 versus Baltimore. Morrow knew he was in trouble when he threw a bullpen session in Atlanta on May 30. Early into his stint on the disabled list Morrow made one rehab appearance, for Single-A Dunedin, on June 17. He didnt feel right. "I dont know if it made it worse in the long run," said Morrow of pitching through the pain. "I would be a little bit sore but serviceable, able to play catch every day and feel all right. Long toss, no real problems but when I tried to amp it up and get off the mound, the extra five or 10-percent of effort level makes a big difference." Its been an agitating summer and a lost season in a profession with an already limited window. Morrow is frustrated by the experience. "Its been tough," said Morrow. "Tough for me to watch, to even turn on a game. To even watch games, you feel like youre the sick kid during winter and watching all your friends sled outside and youre at the window like, why cant I join?" CECIL RETURNS Brett Cecil returned and pitched one-third of an inning on Friday after missing the Yankees series with a tired shoulder. He needed the rest. "Just really had fatigue," said Cecil. "There was never really pain. Just tightness and a fatigue feeling." Cecil wasnt panicked. Having broken the growth plate in his left elbow, while throwing a pitch, when he was 13 years old, Cecil says he knows the difference between troublesome pain and working through typical pitchers soreness. Through Thursday, Cecil had appeared in 56 of the Blue Jays 134 games. Hed thrown 59 1/3 innings, striking out 69 batters. What often isnt considered is aside from the appearances, relievers also apply strain on their arms during games in which they warm up but dont ultimately pitch. "It takes a toll," said Cecil. "I know the coaches, the manager and us in the bullpen wish there was some way we could avoid a lot of that but theres really nothing you can do." EMILIO "SMITH" RETURNS TO TORONTO Emilio Bonifacio had a good laugh at the nameplate above his locker in the visitors clubhouse. He walked in, looked up and saw EMILIO SMITH. He knew the culprit. "Thats coming from Buehrle," said Bonifacio. "One day I was saying, maybe Ive got to change my name so that I can play for when I was there. I said, Smith or something, so that day against Houston I pinch hit and I got a double so when I scored he said thats going to be your name." Entering play Friday, Bonifacio had a slash line of .283/.377/.358 in 15 games with Kansas City. In 94 games with the Blue Jays, Bonifacio hit .218/.258/.321. Whats the difference? "Ive been playing more," said Bonifacio. "Ive got more time and theyve given me the opportunity to get my timing back. Thats the main thing. I have my timing, I feel pretty good at the plate." Bonifacio has no regrets about his time in Toronto. "I gave 100 percent there every time they needed me," he said. "I understand the situation we had. They were looking for someone who could help the team and we were losing." Michy Batshuayi Jersey .com) - Nicolas Colsaerts fired an 11-under 60 on Thursday and grabbed a 3-stroke lead with the opening round of the Portugal Masters suspended by rain. Dedryck Boyata Belgium Jersey . The Major League Soccer teams were scheduled to play on Saturday night, but their game was rescheduled after Stu Tudor was hit during a pregame storm. The 54-year-old lieutenant in the Columbus Fire Department is in critical condition in the intensive care unit of the Ohio State Medical Center. http://www.soccerbelgiumteamonline.com/Koen-Casteels-UEFA-European-Belgium-Jersey/ . Earnshaw, 31, most recently spent time on loan in Israel with Maccabi Tel Aviv from Welsh club Cardiff City, which plays in Englands second-tier League Championship. Earnshaw began his career with Cardiff Citys youth program and turned professional in 1998.CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Miami Heat showed solidarity with the Los Angeles Clippers over the Donald Sterling controversy before Monday nights playoff game against the Charlotte Bobcats. Like the Clippers did on Sunday, the Heat ran out of the tunnel wearing their warmups, huddled at centre court and tossed their white shooting T-shirts to the ground. They then went through their pregame routinee with their red Heat warmup jerseys inside out, hiding the teams logo. Nacer Chadli Belgium Jersey. . It was a silent protest in response to Sterlings purported comments urging a woman to not bring black people to his teams games. LeBron James and Dwyane Wade had both said in the locker room before the game they werent sure what they would do to show their support for the Clippers. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).