Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

Vance Joseph settling in to Year 2

in NEUES AUS DEM AUSLAND 04.09.2019 05:47
von chenyan94 | 172 Beiträge

Good morning Dalton Risner Denver Broncos Jersey , Broncos Country!Vance Joseph has been a favorite punching bag around Broncos Country.And that hasn’t been without merit. Going 5-11 doesn’t go over well in Denver.But the scorn by Broncos fans was never completely fair either. After all, it wasn’t like Joseph walked into a great situation. He walked into a floundering team that had barely escaped a losing record the prior season, had no clear direction at the most important position on the team, and saw the retirement of its two biggest locker room leaders - Peyton Manning and DeMarcus Ware.So for a guy with no head coaching experience, handling those team issues while also trying to get a handle on the job of head coach was a formidable task that had a 50-50 chance of going poorly.Adding Joseph’s indecisiveness - which is probably as much about his willingness to be John Elway’s puppet as it is his actual personality - there was really no way last season was going to turn out any other way than miserable for everyone.But this season is already a different story.For starters, the team has clear veteran leaders, and the quarterback is one of them.The offensive coordinator seems to actually know how to work his scheme around the talents of his players.And the rookie class is strong and will contribute throughout the year, providing a great mix of veteran talent and rookie promise for the coaches to develop.But more importantly, our head coach is starting to act like a head coach.He seems more comfortable in front of reporters, has apparently figured out the headset and definitely exhibits more self-confidence in his decision-making.Just ask John Elway.“The experience of that one year has helped him tremendously,” Elway told Dave Logan. “We’ve seen him take more control of the staff, more control of the team, get things done the right way, put his foot down a little bit more on discipline-type things - which has been important. He’s really made a stride, and I think he feels a lot more comfortable right now. This will be a good test for all of us this year.”I’ve often defended Joseph because I don’t think his problem is not understanding the game or not getting football strategy. In fact, I think he understands it quite well. When Joseph starts answering questions about Xs and Os in a news conference, it is clear he loves the game of football - the technique, the schemes, the strategy. His problem has been handling the management part of being a head coach - organizing the process and being ready to make decisions when the going got tough, whether it was dealing with adversity in a game, whether it was benching a starter not playing well, whether it was being prepared in case of an injury to a key player. He lacked any confidence in his decisions because he was overwhelmed that they were even happening.But a second year in the job seems to have given Joseph a quiet confidence that has been revealing itself this preseason.Joseph said himself this year is “a lot easier.”“It’s a big job, and it takes time to digest it all Chris Harris Jersey ,” Joseph said Wednesday. “Obviously, in my second year, I’m more comfortable with all of it — having a quarterback that I feel good about and having a better offensive line and those things, because players play. It’s a players’ game, and I’m a coach and I don’t play. But, it definitely feels better my second time around.”Part of his adjustment this year has been figuring out better routines for his players - in meeting rooms and on the field.“It takes time to figure out your players and what’s best for your players — how you practice, how you meet. All of these [things] matter,” Joseph said, adding that he’s running more efficient meetings as an example of one adjustment. “In my second year, I figured out routines to help our players draft a game plan quicker. That comes with time. I’m in a good place. Our team is in a good place right now, so I’m looking forward to Sunday.”And for all the grief Joseph got for saying the team “had a good practice,” he’s also trying to make that work better too, which means Thursday practices will be in pads.“The idea behind that - Wednesday, most guys are still sore, so our big day is going to be Thursday,” Joseph said. “Inside run, first, second and third down, a little bit of red zone— so it’ll be Thursdays with pads.”Optimism always runs high before the start of the regular season, but players seem to be keying off Joseph’s confidence as well.“I feel like we’re right on track,” said left tackle Garret Bolles. “The train is going to move. ...I can’t wait, I’m fired up. I know everyone else is fired up on the offense. We have a special group of dudes. Matt [Paradis] does a great job leading up and getting us in the right direction and doing the things that we need. Having him there at center and having Case back there is what we need to build something special.”Demaryius Thomas and the wide receiver corps are certainly hoping so, but just knowing the starting quarterback throughout the entire offseason was a huge win already.“It’s the best thing. You’ve got one quarterback you can go with Derek Wolfe Jersey ,” Thomas said, comparing the chemistry between Steelers wide reciever Antonio Brown and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. They’ve been together for forever. That’s why they’re so good.”Even the defense is fired up over the potential of the offense.“I’m excited because they’re putting up points,” said Shane Ray. “They’re putting teams in situations to where we have the ability to rush, and our back ends can do what they do best and cover. I’m looking forward to it.”Horse Tracks - docllv’s pick of the dayJohn Elway Is Looking for Himself | SI.comHe’s one of the best ever to play the game—but as general manager of the Broncos, he has yet to identify a young passer with the arm, the brain and the fortitude to take over the franchise the way he did when he arrived in Denver as a rookie in 1983. Are John Elway’s standards too high? Is his vision clouded by his own past mastery? Will he ever find his quarterback?Horse TracksCould Denver see former All-Pro safety Earl Thomas on Sunday vs. Seahawks?Seattle head coach Pete Carroll weighed in on the possibility Thomas could play and how the Seahawks' secondary looks in Thomas' absence.Casey Kreiter's small gesture helps Iowa school heal after gun-related lockdownThe Broncos' long snapper is a former teacher and has an uncle who works at Eldridge's North Scott Junior High.LeBron? Kobe? Steph? Russell Wilson says Von Miller compares to other greatsThe Seattle Seahawks are well aware of how dangerous the Broncos' edge-rushers are. Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson's comparisons for Von Miller have combined for seven MVP trophies and 11 championships. But the accolades for that trio come on the hardwood, not the gridiron.‘Just manage the game for us’: Broncos seek balance, ball security in Case Keenum’s first start – The AthleticThe big-game spotlight is hardly new to Case Keenum, who went 12-4 as a starter for the Vikings and peaked with the Minnesota Miracle. But the expectation in Denver is a bit more subdued.Broncos assistant coach Tom McMahon brings new fire to special teams in 2018One of the most important new pieces of the 2018 Broncos goes by the nickname “midge.” Quick, find it in the dictionary. Midge: A small two-winged fly, or informally, a small person.A suggestion for gameday protests that move focus off anthem and onto what players are really fighting for – The AthleticAs long as the national anthem is involved, the real message of the protesters will always get lost in translation.Colin Kaepernick Nike ad featuring Serena Williams, LeBron James will reportedly air during NFL opener - The Washington PostThe president says he finds it difficult to watch the NFL, while a new ad narrated by the former quarterback is reportedly set to air during Thursday night's Falcons-Eagles game.Le'Veon Bell's agent -- Pittsburgh Steelers RB to protect long-term valueLe'Veon Bell is not expected to play for the Steelers on Sunday and his agent hinted his client might be willing to wait it out longer, which angered teammates.NFL - Biggest injury questions for all 32 teams in Week 1 2018Will Eric Berry be ready to play against the Chargers in the season opener? What about Joey Bosa? NFL Nation offers insight on all the key injuries.Chicago Bears DE Akiem Hicks says Green Bay Packers can't block Khalil MackBears defensive end Akiem Hicks couldn't contain his excitement about new teammate Khalil Mack. He said the Packers' line won't be able to block the one-time defensive player of the year, and that will give the Bears more opportunities for one-on-ones.From jail time to ACL surgeries, no 'quit' in Browns' Devaroe Lawrence - New Orleans Saints Blog- ESPNCleveland's newest defensive tackle is the longest of long shots, and the 25-year-old rookie faces yet another challenge -- making it in the NFL.Seahawks-Broncos injury update: K.J. Wright out, rookie Shaquem Griffin gets the start - Field GullsThe Seattle Seahawks could have Earl Thomas back in time for the team’s 2018 NFL regular season debut at the Denver Broncos, but they will not have weakside linebacker K.J. Wright on the field this...Earl Thomas returns to practice for the Seattle Seahawks - Field GullsFollowing a lengthy holdout, Earl Thomas reported to the Seattle Seahawks on Wednesday morning. Later that morning, Pete Carroll told reporters "We’ll let you know Max Garcia Jersey ," regarding Thomas’s status for...The Chiefs’ offense is so different, Travis Kelce was speechless - Arrowhead PrideKelce and the Chiefs take on the Los Angeles Chargers Sunday at 3:05 p.m. Arrowhead Time.Is this finally the right Chargers team? - Bolts From The BlueEvery year you hear it, will this time be different?John Elway Is Looking for Himself | SI.comHe’s one of the best ever to play the game—but as general manager of the Broncos, he has yet to identify a young passer with the arm, the brain and the fortitude to take over the franchise the way he did when he arrived in Denver as a rookie in 1983. Are John Elway’s standards too high? Is his vision clouded by his own past mastery? Will he ever find his quarterback?Every NFL team’s offensive scheme, illustrated and explained - Washington PostNew Broncos' offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave has a history of creating quarterback-friendly offenses and has been open to new ideas that enter the NFL through college, such as the spread and run-pass options. Stop if you’ve heard this before: Terrelle Pryor isn’t thrilled with a diminished role. Almost exactly a year ago, the Jets receiver promised “no animosity” after Washington demoted him but admitted “it’s just not fun” sitting on the bench.Pryor played only two snaps and saw only one target Sunday against Jacksonville.鈥淚t鈥檚 kind of nerve-racking. I don鈥檛 like it,鈥?Pryor told Manish Mehta of the Daily News. 鈥淚t is what it is, though. You get frustrated, you know? You don鈥檛 go out there and make plays. I鈥檝e shown when the ball comes to me, I make plays. I鈥檓 a big play waiting to happen.鈥漃ryor had a chance to return to Cleveland, where he had a career-best season with 1,006 yards in 2016, but signed a one-year, $4.5 million deal with the Jets instead.He has eight catches for 158 yards, but only one of those catches and 25 of those yards came the past two weeks. Pryor has played a total of 48 snaps in two weeks.鈥淚鈥檓 ready to explode,鈥?Pryor said. 鈥淪o, whenever I get the chance and opportunity to get more than two targets or whatever, I鈥檒l show you guys what I can do. Until then, there ain鈥檛 much I can do other than be a good teammate and be a good role model.”

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).