Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

BALTIMORE -- Nelson Cruz and the Baltimore Orioles had the good fortune of avoiding Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer during th

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 05.09.2019 03:28
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

BALTIMORE -- Nelson Cruz and the Baltimore Orioles had the good fortune of avoiding Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer during the regular season. Odell Beckham Jr Browns Jersey . Or maybe it was the other way around. In his 2014 debut against the hard-hitting Orioles, Scherzer found out quickly that a poor pitch can go a long way -- in the other direction. Cruz and J.J. Hardy homered, and Baltimore hammered out 12 hits in defeating Scherzer and the Detroit Tigers 12-3 Thursday in the opener of their AL Division Series. I just left too many pitches up, Scherzer said. This is a great-hitting ballclub. You give them a chance to extend their arms, they can really hit it. Jonathan Schoop and Alejandro De Aza each had two hits and two RBIs for the Orioles, who turned a close game into a rout with an eight-run eighth inning against Scherzer and three ineffective relievers. The 12 runs set a post-season record for Baltimore, making its second playoff appearance since 1997. Game 2 of the best-of-five series is Friday at Camden Yards. Justin Verlander, the second of three straight Cy Young winners the Orioles will face, is set to go against left-hander Wei-Yin Chen. Verlander must avoid the mistakes made by Scherzer, who allowed five runs and seven hits in 7 1-3 innings. The right-hander was 18-5 during the regular season, but in this one he was burned by the long ball and outpitched by the Orioles. Ive got to find a way to get the ball down, Scherzer said. I wasnt quite able to do that tonight, and I paid for it. Cruz led the majors with 40 homers during the regular season, a good portion of Baltimores big league-best 211 long balls. His first-inning drive off Scherzer put the Orioles up 2-0 before Detroits Victor Martinez and J.D. Martinez connected off Chris Tillman in the second to tie it. But Baltimore had too much firepower for the Tigers. Hardy led off the seventh by driving a poorly thrown changeup from Scherzer over the centre-field wall for a 4-2 lead. The one that stings is that J.J. Hardy home run, Scherzer said. That home run really changed the game in my eyes, gave them that insurance run. Cruz added his third RBI with a single during a wild eighth inning keyed by a Detroit error that kept the boisterous, orange-clad crowd of 47,842 on its feet. Five different Orioles finished with two hits. Clearly, facing Scherzer was not too daunting a task. Its the same game, De Aza said. Yes, this is a good pitcher, but its the same game. You have to throw the ball to home plate for a strike to get us out. Tillman (1-0) allowed two runs in five innings before Andrew Miller got five outs -- three by strikeout. Darren ODay gave up an eighth-inning homer to Miguel Cabrera, but the drive followed a double play. Orioles manager Buck Showalter then called upon closer Zach Britton, who had 37 saves during the regular season. Britton got the last out in the eighth, and by the time the ninth inning rolled around, he wasnt needed anymore. Miller had a 1.35 ERA in 23 games with Baltimore, ODay finished at 1.70 and Britton closed at 1.65. Thats one big reason why the AL East-champion Orioles were 80-4 when leading after eight innings. Meanwhile, Detroits revamped bullpen looked shaky -- although it was shortstop Andrew Romines error that got the big eighth inning going. I cant remember the last time he made an error at shortstop, Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. This was an unfortunate one, but it doesnt change my mind on him as a shortstop. Although he had a 5.56 ERA in the first inning during the regular season, Tillman began his initial foray into the playoffs in impressive fashion by striking out the side on 14 pitches. Cruz hit an opposite-field drive to right in the bottom half after Nick Markakis hit a leadoff single. It was his 15th career post-season home run, tied with Babe Ruth for 10th place on the career list. Its just I like to enjoy this moment, you know, Cruz said. I think as a player, you want to be in the situation. And, you know, its no reason. The rollicking, towel-waving fans had barely settled down when Victor Martinez led off the second with a towering shot over the right-field wall. Four pitches later, J.D. Martinez hit a tying homer in his first post-season at-bat. Nick Markakis answered with an RBI single in the Baltimore half. At that point, six of 10 batters reached safely against Scherzer. After yielding the back-to-back homers, Tillman retired the next 11 batters before Romine singled with two outs in the fifth. Another single and a walk loaded the bases for Torii Hunter, who hit into a fielders choice on Tillmans 105th and final pitch. Afterward, Showalter saluted the crowd for their enthusiasm. If you dont get that, youre too cold for his game, he said. I wish I would have had a towel. TRAINERS ROOM Tigers: CF Rajai Davis (pelvic strain) was cleared to play after passing a series of drills early in the day before rosters were finalized. Davis started and batted ninth. UP NEXT Tigers: Verlander (15-12, 4.54 ERA) makes his 16th post-season start following what Ausmus called a down season overall for the 2011 Cy Young Award winner. Orioles: Chen (16-6, 3.54) seeks his first win since Sept. 15 after losing his final two starts in the regular season. Nick Chubb Youth Jersey . Observant Muslims avoid food and liquids from dawn to dusk during Ramadan but can, and often do, skip it if travelling or doing hard physical labour. Some devout Muslim athletes choose to fast during training or competition, but it can create selection difficulties for the coaches in team sports. Greedy Williams Womens Jersey .J. -- Omar Cummings helped the Houston Dynamo advance to the MLS Eastern Conference finals. http://www.brownsrookiestore.com/Browns-Baker-Mayfield-Jersey/ . Cincinnati has lost back-to-back games in overtime, wasting a chance to take a commanding lead in their division.VANCOUVER – It’s the most exclusive club the Vancouver Canucks have and, on Sunday night, it will get just its third member. When Daniel Sedin suits up against the Chicago Blackhawks at Rogers Arena, he will join his brother, Henrik, and Trevor Linden as the only players in the 44-year history of the franchise to wear Canucks colours for 1,000 National Hockey League games. Stan Smyl, Markus Naslund and Pavel Bure have all had their jersey numbers retired by the organization, but none of them reached the thousand-game milestone. Linden leads the way having played 1,140 of his NHL games for the Canucks, while Henrik Sedin (1030) suited up for his 1000th contest on March 12 in Winnipeg. Now it’s Daniel’s turn – a shade over 14 years after his NHL debut in Philadelphia on October 5, 2000. “It was a long time ago,” Sedin says with a laugh. “I remember being nervous, for sure. There were a lot of expectations on us - from ourselves and from the outside, too. And playing in Philly with their big guys, it was nerve-wracking.” Some of those nerves were soothed two games later when Daniel found his goal-scoring touch for the first time in the NHL beating then Tampa netminder – and future teammate -- Dan Cloutier. And yes, that first goal was set up by Henrik. Fast forward to the present day and Daniel needed a moment or two to reflect on how he’s gone from fresh-faced 20-year-old rookie finding his way in the NHL to a 34-year-old veteran of so many battles. He’s quick to point out that it wasn’t always easy, but the low points have helped him appreciate all of the success he has experienced through the seasons. “You can kind of separate them,” he says when asked if it’s all gone by quickly. “The first 300 games were pretty tough. It wasn’t very fun. We liked playing hockey, but it was tough with all the media attention and we didn’t play well, either. Those games were certainly tough. And then things started to get better and better. It got easier playing games and coming to practice because things were going well. Time flies when you win games and you’re having fun, but it certainly goes slower when you’re losing games and not having as much fun.” After an off-sseason last year, Daniel Sedin seems to have recaptured the fun of the game in the early going this season with 20 points in his first 20 games. Austin Seibert Jersey. He enters Sunday’s spectacle game with 311 goals and 825 points to his name. It’s a body of work that includes an Art Ross Trophy, a Ted Lindsay Award, two All-Star Game appearances, as well as an Olympic gold medal (2006) and a World Championship (2013). For all of the accomplishments accrued over a decade and a half in the NHL, however, Daniel Sedin is well aware of the one glaring omission on his hockey resume. “We’re missing the big one,” he says. “Hopefully, that’s something we can get back to playing for. That would be unbelievable. As a player, everyone looks at whether you’ve won the Stanley Cup. That’s the one thing we’re still looking for.” That pursuit will continue for both Daniel and Henrik Sedin. They can’t win the Cup on Sunday night, but the game with Chicago is bound to conjure up memories of many of the fiercest battles the twins have been involved in during their years in the NHL and this time, they get to mark the thousand-game milestone together, something that didn’t happen when Henrik crossed that threshold. Daniel was out of the line-up with a leg injury and unable to take part in his brother’s big night, but this time, they’ll both be in uniform allowing Henrik to share in his brother’s accomplishment. “I think it’s special to play all 1000 for one team,” Henrik says. “For us, that means a lot. Both Daniel and I think about it the same way - it means you’ve played a lot of hockey. It’s very special to play all of those games for one team. It’s going to be a special night for him. I know it was for me. It’s going to be a good night for him. And really, Sunday should be a terrific night for everyone in attendance at Rogers Arena. Fans here on the West Coast have witnessed the Sedins do so many good things over their years in Canucks uniforms. Seeing Daniel stand alongside Henrik to make up two-thirds of the most exclusive club the franchise has simply cements the Sedins iconic status in the organization and adds to their very special place in Vancouver Canucks history. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).