Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Padres struggling offence finally had a breakout performance -- 37 games into the season. [url=http:/

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 07.09.2019 04:00
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Padres struggling offence finally had a breakout performance -- 37 games into the season. Kaleb McGary Womens Jersey . Jedd Gyorko hit two home runs off Jose Fernandez, including a grand slam, in the Padres 10-1 rout of the Miami Marlins on Friday night. Gyorko had a career-high six RBIs as the majors worst offence scored its season high in runs and had its first genuine laugher. "Im trying to think, have we had one?" Padres manager Bud Black asked. "Those type of games happen and its rare that we have only had one. There are two ways to look at it for me. On the positive side, there is more of that to come." For Gyorko, the win had more meaning coming less than 24 hours after his key error preceded Giancarlo Stantons go-ahead two-run homer in the 11th inning of the Marlins 3-1 win Thursday night. "That was probably one of the lowest points of my career, to be honest," Gyorko said. "To pretty much cost your team a game, its good to bounce back. Its good to show that resiliency." Gyorko, who came into the game hitting just .146, connected for a two-run shot in the second and a grand slam in the sixth. "Hopefully, a game like this can jump-start an offence," Gyorko said. "Its still to be determined." The Padres hope this game can spark the 25-year-old Gyorko, whom they signed to a five-year, $35 million contract extension last month. "Guys are capable of those types of performances," Black said. "Not that Jedd is going to hit two homers and hit a grand slam, but hes capable of knocking in some runs." The Padres, who came in averaging a major league-low 2.6 runs per game, snapped a three-game losing streak. It was their highest-scoring game since a 12-2 victory over Arizona last Sept. 25. San Diego sent 11 men to the plate during a six-run sixth inning that broke it open. The Padres previous high for runs in a single game this season was six. The run support was not lost on starter Tyson Ross (4-3), for whom the Padres had scored more than three runs just twice in his previous seven starts. "Its huge early in the game," he said. "The hitters did a great job with their approach. They had some good at-bats early and got on the board and really broke it open." Fernandez (4-2) was charged with six runs on six hits in five-plus innings. The right-hander, who won the NL Rookie of the Year award last season, was 2-0 with a sparkling 0.60 ERA in his previous four starts. "It was a tough one," Fernandez said. "I was trying to do what I do, go out there and compete. But mostly my stuff wasnt there today, my fastball really wasnt there." Miami manager Mike Redmond knew it right away. "It just wasnt his night. You could tell from the first inning on he was up in the zone and they hit some balls hard off him," Redmond said. "We really didnt get anything going offensively either and we didnt help him there." Ross was working on a shutout before Marcell Ozuna homered in the seventh inning. The righty allowed four hits and struck out eight in seven innings. Tim Stauffer and Kevin Quackenbush each pitched an inning to close out the combined four-hitter. San Diego won for just the third time in 10 games and snapped the Marlins five-game winning streak. Gyorkos fourth homer in the second came after Yasmani Grandal reached on a throwing error by first baseman Garrett Jones. Everth Cabrera sparked the Padres biggest inning of the season with a leadoff single in the sixth. Seth Smith singled and Grandal walked to load the bases for Gyorko, who turned on a 2-0 fastball and hit it into the second deck of the Western Metal Supply Building down the left-field line. It was Gyorkos second career multi-homer game and his second grand slam. Fernandez had beaten the Padres in two previous starts by giving up just five hits in 14 2-3 scoreless innings with 18 strikeouts. NOTES: Marlins RHP Carlos Marmol was struck in the back by a ball off Kyle Blanks bat while stretching during San Diegos batting practice. Marmol said he was fine. ... Barring an injury, Padres 3B Chase Headley (strained right calf) will be activated from the 15-day DL on Saturday. Headley was scheduled to play Friday night with Single-A Lake Elsinore. ... The San Diego State mens basketball team that won the Mountain West Conference regular-season title and reached the Sweet 16 in the NCAA tournament was honoured before the game. ... Marlins RHP Nathan Eovaldi (2-1, 2.78 ERA) opposes Padres LHP Eric Stults (1-3, 5.40) on Saturday night. Julio Jones Womens Jersey . Unfortunately for the Cleveland Cavaliers, James Harden was in the building. Chris Lindstrom Jersey . Granato was an assistant for the Pittsburgh Penguins for the last five seasons, and he was also part of Team USAs staff at the 2014 Olympics. http://www.thefaclonsshoponline.com/Takkarist-McKinley-Falcons-Jersey/ . City has reached new heights under manager Manuel Pellegrini as they transition from big spending/immediate impact to perennial contender. Yaya Toures seeming discontent Tuesday may complicate that, as does the little issue of Financial Fair Play.MIAMI -- Marcell Ozuna came into Wednesday nights game mired in a slump. He was 3 for 24 in the previous nine games, but hit a grand slam and knocked in five runs to help power the Miami Marlins past the Philadelphia Phillies 14-5. "He needed that," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "He needed to lock it in and have a couple good at-bats. Hes definitely had some struggles this month. ... Hopefully this is a spark for him and a spark for us." Christian Yelich, Garrett Jones, and Jarrod Saltalamacchia each drove in two runs for the Marlins, who have the best home record (18-6) in baseball. Nathan Eovaldi (3-2) allowed three runs--one earned--and 10 hits in six innings to pick up the win. "I felt command," Eovaldi said. "I had better command of my fastball this outing and I was able to make the big pitches when I needed to." Ozunas first career grand slam and seventh home run of the season broke the game open in the seventh inning. Miami led 6-3 with two outs before Jeff Manship loaded the bases and Ozuna smacked a pitch over the left-field wall for a 10-3 lead. "When I saw the pitch, I said, I got it. Let me not make a mistake. Just make contact," Ozuna said. Phillies starter Kyle Kendrick (0-5) came into the game with a 10-game winning streak against the Marlins, but lost his 10th consecutive game overall. Kendrick allowed six runs in 5 2-3 innings. "I wasnt good at all, falling behind in counts, missing over the plate, my fastball command wasnt very good," Kendrick said. "Guys scored runs and I gave it right back to them and thats whats frustrating." Domonic Brown homered and drove in three runs for the Phillies, who had their three-game wwinning streak snapped. Takkarist McKinley Jersey. Browns two-run home run pulled Philadelphia within 10-5, but Miami scored four runs in the eighth to post their highest run total of the season. Miami slugger Giancarlo Stanton came up with a pivotal defensive play in the fifth inning. With the bases loaded and the Marlins holding onto a 5-3 lead, Cody Asche hit a line drive to the right-centre field gap that looked as if it would clear the bases. Stanton raced to his right making a diving back-handed catch to end the inning. "The great catch in right-centre field was a game-changing play," Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said. "That was potentially a 6-5 lead and a whole different type of a game." The Phillies scored two unearned runs in the first and the Marlins responded with two in the bottom half. After Stanton drove in a run on a ground out to give Miami a 3-2 lead, Tony Gwynn, Jr. singled to tie the game at 3 in the fourth for Philadelphia. Miami took the lead for good in the bottom of the fourth on RBI singles by Ozuna and Yelich for a 5-3 advantage. NOTES: After the game the Marlins optioned RHP Anthony DeSclafani to Triple-A New Orleans. LHP Randy Wolf (0-0, 1.80) will take DeSclafanis spot in the rotation and start Sunday against Milwaukee. ... The Marlins are averaging 6.0 runs at home compared to 3.4 on the road. ... Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins tied Richie Ashburn (2,217) for the second-most hits in franchise history. ... Kendricks 10-game winning streak against the Marlins was the longest active streak by any pitcher in MLB against one team. ... Philadelphia will send LHP Cole Hamels (1-2, 4.40) to the mound in Thursdays series finale against Marlins RHP Henderson Alvarez (2-3, 3.62). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).