Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

the MFC is a unique brand

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 09.09.2019 05:43
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Anthony Rizzo wasted little time in getting to Adam Wainwright. Rickey Henderson Jersey . Rizzo hit a two-run single in the first that ended Wainwrights scoreless streak at 25 innings, and the Cubs beat the St. Louis Cardinals 6-5 Friday for their third win in four games. "Im not trying to do too much," Rizzo said. "See the ball and hit it, really try to swing at the pitches I want to hit, not pitchers pitches. Especially with Wainwright, his stuff is so good hes going to eat you alive." Wainwright (5-2) had allowed six runs in 45 innings coming in, but the Cubs matched the runs total in just five innings against the St. Louis ace, who gave up 10 hits. His ERA rose from 1.20 to 2.16. "They did a nice job of spoiling some pitches," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said of his batters. "Youve got to give them all the credit. They grinded out some at-bats today and reaped some benefits." Wainwright had been 6-0 in 12 previous starts and five relief appearances at Wrigley Field. "There were certain pitches today I didnt have good command over," he said. "My curveball was kind of sporadic in the zone and out of the zone, which is pretty rare for me. Its a funny game. Today was not my day. I accept that and take responsibility for today and move on." The scoreless streak was one inning shy of the career high for Wainwright, who had not allowed an extra-base hit since April 12 against the Cubs in St. Louis. "Hes been incredibly consistent through this season so far. ... You can see pitches were just on the edge and not where he wanted them or werent getting called," Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. "Its a frustrating day when he knows our guys put some offence up for him and we just cant stop them. He limited the damage and figured out ways to keep us in it. We had some chances." Rizzo added a leadoff home run in the fifth that put Chicago ahead 6-3. Welington Castillo had three doubles for Chicago, which sent the skidding Cardinals to their 10th loss in 16 games. Travis Wood (2-3) gave up three runs -- two earned -- and six hits in seven innings but allowed just one runner in his final three innings. Justin Grimm gave up Jhonny Peraltas two-run homer in the eighth, Hector Rondon pitched a perfect ninth for his second save. Cubs centerfielder Ryan Sweeney made a catch on the run in the eighth on a drive to right-centre by Allen Craig. Sweeney injured his right hamstring and was replaced by Emilio Bonifacio, who moved from second. "It was great determination," Renteria said. "Hammys hurt." St. Louis overcame its early deficit, tying the game in the third when Matt Carpenter singled in a run and scored on Peraltas double. Chicago loaded the bases in the bottom half on a pair of walks around Starlin Castros single. Ryan Sweeney drove in the go-ahead run with a weak grounder to second that allowed Rizzo to score from third, and Castillo followed with a two-out, two-run double. Castros throwing error from shortstop on Randal Grichuks grounder allowed Yadier Molina to score from third and cut the deficit to 5-3 in the fourth. NOTES: Cubs GM Jed Hoyer said RHP Jose Veras (left oblique strain) will begin his rehab assignment at Double-A Tennessee and pitch at some point in the next few days, depending on how he feels. ... Cubs prospect OF Jorge Soler (hamstring) is progressing at the teams facility in Mesa, Arizona. Hoyer said "the reports have been good" and he hopes Soler will join Tennessee soon. ... RHP Jack Arrieta is to make his big league season debut for the Cubs when he starts Saturday. RHP Michael Wacha (2-2) is slated to slart for St. Louis. 19:27ET 02-05-14 Ian Kinsler Padres Jersey .com) - Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll knows about life in the NFL from other stints around the league. Garrett Richards Jersey . Ferrer will play Mikhail Youzhny on Sunday after he defeated Dmitry Tursunov 6-2, 6-4 in an all-Russian semifinal. "Youzhny is a good player," Ferrer said. http://www.padressale.com/padres-rollie-fingers-jersey/ . And rest hardly led to rust for the two-time defending NBA champions.Canadas most successful MMA promotion, The Maximum Fighting Championship returns this Friday night for MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines at the Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta. Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans. The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. "Im the forefather of MMA in this country and its going to continue to be that way -- When Im dead one day and they make (me) a statue. (Critics will) feel terrible about how they spoke about me. Thats whats going to happen." Pavelich told TSN.ca Founded in 2001, the MFC is the longest running MMA promotion in North America next to the UFC and has outlasted other organizations such as the IFL, Elite XC, DREAM, Affliction and most recently Strikeforce who have all ceased operations. "Im not a promoter; Im a fight pioneer thats what people dont understand. Fight promoters are guys that come around and do it once in a while Im a guy thats been in (the fight business) right from the beginning." While MMA has been thriving in Western Canada for years thanks to the success of the MFC, the province of Ontario hasnt been as responsive, only legalizing MMA back in 2010. Despite the UFC holding successful annual events in Toronto the last few years, local MMA promotions are essentially non-existent in Ontario. Even the MFC has only held one event in Ontario (MFC 29: Conquer, in Windsor, Ontario) and that was back in 2011. Whats keeping local MMA out of Ontario? According to Pavelich it is the governing bodies in charge and not Ontario Athletic Commissioner Ken Hayashi. "Its not (Hayashi), its the provincial government that makes these regulations and fees. Thats the thing they have to fix and alter before (the MFC) returns because these fees are astronomical, theyre the highest in the world. Las Vegas is cheaper (to run an event), Albertas cheaper, and Quebec is cheaper." Pavelich believes MMA cant grow properly in Ontario if the UFC is the only promotion running events. "Thats just something (the governing bodies) have to take a look at. If they really want to see MMA develop properly in Ontario, I think (the MFC) is the only brand of MMA that can actually do it. I mean if you want to wait around for the UFC to come once a year and you think thats going to develop MMA, its not going to happen that way." One of the catalysts for the MFCs success has been their out of the box type thinking, including their recent "Punch The Vote" contest where fans had the opportunity to pick which of the three title fights would serve as the main event for MFC 38. This included Canadian Smealinho Rama vs. Anthony Hamilton (for the heavyweight title), Sam Alvey vs. Jason South (for the 185lb title) and Anthony Birchack vs. Tito Jones (for the 135lb title). "What I loved about the voting -- It really showed were not a local a brand of MMA, were not even a Canadian brand of MMA, and we had people voting from all over the world. That proves thats lots of people are paying attention and thats really exciting." Proof of this was the Calgary native Rama who received the least amount of votes and bantamweights Birchack and Jones (both of whom are American) earning the main event slot. Rounding out MFC 38s main card, aside from the three title fights is a lightweight affair between Canadian Kurt Southern and Jason Novaes. Pavelich believes this rematch from MFC 36 will be nothing short of fireworks. "Kurt Southern is the best 155er in Canada. I think Novaes is a speccial individual as well. Tony Gwynn Jersey. Theyre going to go at it again for the second time and Im super excited about that. But like I said its unfortunate because there are three titles and nobody is talking about (this) fight." On the topic of fighters on the MFC roster, many fans have been wondering why welterweight superstar Dhiego Lima hasnt been competing inside the MFC ring this year. The answer is simple, hes a free-agent. "Problem with Dhiego is we have too many American Top Team guys in our organization. He was crossing (fights) with them -- a few times he was going to have title fights with other American Top Team guys and then it got really weird. They wouldnt fight each other." "We released him and let him go to where he wants to go, because (not fighting teammates) is going to be a problem." This is the second time Pavelich has let a Lima brother leave his organization as a free-agent. Dhiegos older brother Douglas left in the Alberta based promotion back in 2011 and has recently found success in in the Bellator Fighting Championships, winning two welterweight tournaments. "Im happy for (Douglas) although I dont think hes fighting for the right organization, sometimes agents make the mistake. I dont blame him whatsoever." "Go check Limas twitter today, you know what it still says "MFC Champ" at the top of it. That tells you whats in his heart. He told us at our home one time that made a mistake going to (Bellator). He could have walked into the UFC, and not just walked in, he could have walked in like a star" "I dont think he gets the publicity like he did when he was with the Maximum Fighting Championship any more. (Bellator) fails to promote that end of stuff" As the sport of MMA continues to grow, the addition of women fighting is always a hot topic. With UFC introducing females into their organization earlier this year and debuting them on the Ultimate Fighter, could we see the same thing in the MFC? "I respect all female fighters. Im a huge Miesha Tate fan, I like Sarah Kaufman. I think theyre great athletes. The problem is I dont think I can get a quality ten girls together to make this a great division." Another budding issue with the MFC is their broadcast rights. Currently their events only broadcast live on AXS TV (formally HDNet) in the States. Canadian cable companies pulled the plug on AXS TV in Canada last year. The only way fans can watch MFC events in Canada is on a two-week tape delay on speciality channel the Fight Network. "Andrew Simon and Mark Cuban are very intelligent at AXS TV and everybody knows that. I know they want to be in Canada. Sometimes being Mark Cuban is difficult because people might charge too much for what (the network) is really worth. The cable networks and the fans have to realize that its your obligation to tell the cable company that you want AXS TV (in Canada)" Despite these hurdles, Pavelich believes the MFC is a unique brand of MMA and fans always get their monies worth seeing their events live. "Come watch our brand of MMA and then you tell me after that you didnt get your $60 worth or your $600 worth its impossible! (Quality fights) is the only thing were good at and weve been good at it for 14-years." "We have real fighters in the MFC. You cant pick who you fight in the Maximum Fighting Championships, you go in these other organizations and you can pick who you fight. We tell you youre going to fight because its our job is to the fans and we want to put on the best fight possible" MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines takes place this Friday (October 4th) at the Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton Alberta Canada and on AXS TV. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).