Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

HOUSTON -- After the Philadelphia 76ers tied an NBA record with their 26th consecutive loss, one of their youngest voices spoke

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 24.09.2019 03:48
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

HOUSTON -- After the Philadelphia 76ers tied an NBA record with their 26th consecutive loss, one of their youngest voices spoke loudest. Kevin Durant Shoes From China . Michael Carter-Williams, one of six rookies on the NBAs youngest team, delivered a pep talk after James Hardens triple-double led the Houston Rockets to a 120-98 victory on Thursday night. "During the game a couple of guys had long faces ... and I found myself a little bit down," said Carter-Williams, who had 10 assists. "I just dont want anyone in this locker room feeling bad for themselves ... I think thats really important that we dont get down on ourselves and we just give up just because we have a certain amount of losses. "I just felt like I needed to speak my piece and make sure that guys are upbeat every single day." Philadelphia coach Brett Brown was impressed by the leadership the 22-year-old Carter-Williams showed. "He never would have done that two months ago," Brown said. "He wouldnt have done it two weeks ago. All these things, all these small wins we find along the way, thats our road map this year. And life moves on. The group will stay together and we will finish this thing out together." Harden had 26 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists in three quarters for his second career triple-double as Houston picked up its fifth straight victory. "We did a great job of coming out tonight and taking care of business," Harden said. "No matter what their record was, we knew they were going to come here and play hard." The 76ers (15-57) stuck around early before a big second-quarter run allowed the Rockets to pull away and roll to the win. Philadelphia moved within a game of Milwaukee for the leagues worst record. Philadelphia matched the 2010-11 Cleveland Cavaliers for the NBAs worst skid and can set the record at home against Detroit on Saturday. "We move on," Brown said. "We are on a different path. We see this whole thing through a far different lens." James Anderson led the Sixers with 30 points and made six 3-pointers. The Sixers havent won since Jan. 29 and are two games away from going winless in two straight months. There was very little visible emotion as the final seconds ticked away and the players slowly made their way off the court. Dwight Howard added 17 points with 13 rebounds for Houston. Terrence Jones had 20 points. There were a number of lowlights as the 76ers took their spot in history. One came when Howard blocked a shot by Thaddeus Young and he fell backward to the ground. By the time he got up, the Rockets were already on the other end of the court running their offence. Another was when the Sixers got a steal, but gave it back seconds later when Youngs pass intended for Anderson sailed high over his head and into the crowd. Carter-Williams got in on the bad play action when, under heavy pressure from Harden, he simply threw the ball into the Philadelphia bench in the second quarter. But the game wasnt without some nice plays by the Sixers, who have continued to play hard during this terrible stretch. A highlight came when Casper Ware grabbed a steal and made a 46-foot heave as time expired in the first quarter. That shot was part of a 12-0 run which got the Sixers within 35-33 early in the second quarter. A nice reverse layup by Anderson tied it at 43-all midway through the second quarter before Houston used a 20-6 run to take a 63-49 lead at halftime. The Sixers missed nine shots, including three layups, and had four turnovers as the Rockets built the lead. Houston was up by 17 late in the third quarter when the team went on an 8-0 run to pad the lead to 96-71. Brown addressed the dreadful stretch before the game and he isnt interested in anyones pity. "I hope they feel good about themselves," he said. "I dont want anyone feeling sorry for us or hanging our head ... we are going through something and we will get through it together." He also discussed their plan for rebuilding at length, saying he knew what he was getting into when he took the job and insisted this skid hasnt been difficult for him. "I can tell you very, very sincerely that this is something that in a twisted way is enjoyable in regards to watching the young guys get better," he said. "Obviously at times its hard going through it ... (but) I feel like were heading in the right direction." None of that can erase the fact that this streak now has its place in history as one of the worst in all of the four major professional sports. According to STATS LLC, the longest streaks in the other major sports are held by: -- In the NFL, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 26 losses in row, from Sept. 12, 1976-Dec. 4 1977. -- In MLB, the Philadelphia Phillies, 23 losses in a row, from Jan. 29, 1961-Aug. 20, 1961. -- In the NHL, the Pittsburgh Penguins, 18 losses in a row, from Jan. 13, 2004-Feb. 22, 2004. NOTES: Former Rockets and Hall of Famers Hakeem Olajuwon and Moses Malone attended the game. Malone also played for the 76ers. ... Houston point guard Pat Beverley sprained his right knee in the first half and didnt return. Kevin Durant Shoes Deals .5 million contract, according to a person familiar with the deal. Hatcher agreed to terms Thursday, according to a person who spoke on condition of anonymity because the contract had not been signed. Cheap Kevin Durant Shoes .com) - The Chicago Cubs reportedly signed recently-acquired outfielder Dexter Fowler to a one-year contract on Friday, avoiding arbitration. https://www.kevindurantshoescheap.com/ . They are back to a game above .500 on the year and back to .500 on the road. It was their 10th extra time game of the year, and only the second one that did not got to a shootout.PARIS - France and Switzerland have announced unchanged teams for the Davis Cup final next week at Lille.Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Gael Monfils, Julien Benneteau, and Richard Gasquet were re-selected by France, while Gilles Simon, Frances third highest-ranked player, was put on standby as a replacement.Switzerland captain Severin Luthi picked the same side for a fourth straight tie: Roger Federer, Stanislas Wawrinka, Marco Chiudinelli, and Michael Lammer.We know they have a few guys, but everything can change up until about Thursday before the tie, Federer said. From that standpoint, this announcement doesnt mean anything to me. Im more focused on whos going to play opening Friday against me. Thats the only focus I really have right now.When France beat defending champion the Czech Republic 4-1 in the semifinals in September, Gasquet and Tsonga won their singles and teamed up in doubles to give France an unassailable 3-0 lead.Simon lost to Federer in the Shanghai Masters final last month. His form was, arguably, good enough to warrant a start.Its always tricky. The players are well-matched in terms of their level and their results. Wholesale Kevin Durant Shoes. I had to make a choice, said France captain Arnaud Clement, a former Davis Cup stalwart in doubles.But that doesnt mean Gilles wont be one of the four picks because I can change the team right up until the draw. If someone gets injured, I wont hesitate to send Gilles out on court.Clement hinted that Benneteau may be hard to leave out in doubles.Everyones in form and Juliens just won his second match (in doubles) at the Masters (ATP Finals), Clement said. I still need a bit more information before making my definitive choice.The final from Nov. 21-23 is on indoor clay at Stade Pierre-Mauroy.France is looking to win the trophy for the 10th time while Switzerland seeks a first triumph, having lost its only previous final, in 1992, against the United States.Even without taking into account Roger Federers career, Switzerland is nevertheless the favourite with the No. 2 in the world, but also the fourth (Wawrinka), Clement said. But we also have things in our favour, like our cohesion. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).