Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

MONTREAL - "The Rock" summed it up best. [url=http://www.vapormaxlevne.cz/]Nike Vapormax Cz[/url] . "It feels like I havent left

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 06.10.2019 05:27
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

MONTREAL - "The Rock" summed it up best. Nike Vapormax Cz . "It feels like I havent left," said Tim Raines, the former long-time Expo, current Blue Jays roving instructor and should-be Hall-of-Famer, just moments after stepping onto the turf at Olympic Stadium. While Raines was referring to the memories that came flooding back, he may have meant it literally. Nothing much has changed about the Big O. Its the same ride to the Pie IX stop on the famous Montreal Metro. The walk from the station to the stadiums dimly lit concourse is no different. Then, you emerge through one of the section corridors into a time capsule. The yellow seats, so often empty in the Expos final years, serve as a reminder of days gone by when fans would rap them up and down to make a clanging sound. The scoreboard, which still sits above the centerfield batters eye, hasnt been updated. Its not high definition or LCD or anything else that resembles what fans enjoy in the stadia of today. The players are different. Well, for the most part, if you consider that Blue Jays utility infielder Maicer Izturis made his major league debut in a Montreal uniform on August 27, 2004. Everything else is the same. "I was joking if they wanted me to do any fan mail," said Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos, a Montreal native whose internship with the Expos, which included the responsibility of answering fan mail, launched his career in baseball. "I was getting ready to go." There was little chatter around the stadium of the 1994 players strike, which happened at a time when the Expos were 74-40, good enough for the National Leagues best record. The resurgent New York Yankees were the talk of the American League that year. What a contrast, those two organizations, in the two decades since. The Expos are gone, the proverbial stick of dynamite given to that 94 team by an uncommitted ownership, the 1995 club a shell of its former self. The Yankees have missed the playoffs only twice since. It took 10 years after the strike for the Expos, which experienced a kind of walking dead status once the likes of Larry Walker, Pedro Martinez, Moises Alou and others left town, to die off. The fans, descendants of the people who watched Jackie Robinson play in their city before he broke Major League Baseballs colour barrier in 1947, were subjected to annual speculation about their franchises relocation. Finally it happened in 2005 with the city of Washington, D.C. receiving a third crack at getting baseball right (the Minnesota Twins and Texas Rangers each descend from failed Washington Senators clubs.) "I think the issues were, and its no knock against the stadium, but the location of the stadium, the fact it wasnt a retractable roof," said Anthopoulos. "Growing up in this city, like you would in Toronto but its a lot colder here in the winter, the winters are long and any bit of summer you can get you want to be outdoors. Its a tough sell to go all the way to the east end and be indoors for a ballgame." This is a 48-hour period for the Blue Jays and Mets to work out the final kinks before the start of the regular season. Just as importantly, its a chance for Montrealers to experience what once was and to pay a posthumous tribute to their beloved Gary Carter, which they did on Friday night. On Saturday, its the 94 Expos turn to feel the love. Larry Walker, Moises Alou and future Hall-of-Famer Pedro Martinez will be among those on hand. One can only hope this weekend serves to exorcise the demon just a little bit. Luis Rivera, the Blue Jays third base coach who played his first three big league seasons with the Expos from 1986-88, doesnt forget. "The crowds, they were loud and there was a lot of whistling, which I do a lot," he said. "It was about sometimes 20-thousand, 30-thousand, 40-thousand. I remember when Pasqual Perez used to pitch it was a packed house." Tim Raines, The Rock, he remembers too. "Its a very good baseball town," said Raines. "My first 10 years here we averaged two million fans a year. They dont just leave. I think ownership back in the day, right at the tail end, played a big part of the lack of success that they had here." Warren Cromartie, the former Expos great, has said the exhibition weekend is the first step toward the return of Major League Baseball to Montreal. Maybe hes right and one day well be able to say, "Les Expos sont la!" Maybe hes wrong and this is nothing more than a pipe dream. For the moment, its just nice to be back at Olympic Stadium. Vapormax Plus Bílé .7 million, one-year contract.The deal, announced Friday, includes a $50,000 performance bonus if the left-hander appears in 60 games. Vapormax Plus Dámské . There was little fanfare, though, when the Yankees captain was taken out of his final regular-season Subway Series game in the eighth inning. Jeter watched the last four outs from the bench, pulled off the field during a double switch Thursday night as the Yankees held off the Mets 1-0. http://www.vapormaxlevne.cz/vapormax-plus-boty/vapormax-plus-a-erna-sleva.html . Canada will host Japan in a World Group first-round match in 2015. It will be a rematch of their first-round clash last year when Japan defeated Canada 4-1 to reach the World Group quarter-finals for the first time in its history.GLENEAGLES, Scotland - The U.S. rookies are being thrown straight into the mix at the Ryder Cup.American captain Tom Watson is sending out all three of his rookies for Friday mornings opening session of fourballs at Gleneagles a€” including two of them paired together against a European duo featuring another rookie.Newcomer Jimmy Walker is paired with Rickie Fowler for the second match against Martin Kaymer and Thomas Bjorn, the 43-year-old Dane playing in the Ryder Cup for the first time since 2002.In the biggest surprise, Watson chose to pair first-timers Jordan Spieth and Patrick Reed for the third match, where theyll face Ian Poulter and Scottish rookie Stephen Gallacher.Watson offered this message to his rookie pairing: Im going to throw you in the ocean without a life preserver. Youre on your own. You get out there and you get it done.Watson said its important to get the three rookies to play the morning session, rather than sending them out first in the afternoon foursomes.Its a good place to get their feet wet, Watson said. You would like to get them to play all 18 holes, play their own ball and get them out that way.The 21-year-old Spieth, who has five top-five finishes this year on the PGA Tour, will become the youngest player in 15 years to play in the Ryder Cup. Hes back in familiar surroundings: He played in the 2010 Junior Ryder Cup at Gleneagles, winning all three of his matches.Hes on the fast track because he played the Junior Ryder Cup here at Gleneagles, Watson said. Hes a very strong-willed man and Im very impressed with his attitude.Same goes for the 24-year-old Reed, who declared himself one of the top five players in the world after winning at Doral this year.When he gets it going, he thinks he can beat the world, Watson said. I like that attitude in a player.If Spieth and Reed can take down Poulter and Gallacher, it could provide a huge confidence boost and momentum swing for the underdog Americans.Poulter has won seven straight matches dating to Celtic Maanor in 2010 and was the catalyst in Europes great comeback at Medinah two years ago. Vapormax Boty Cz. I dont think you could have picked out two people that we want to play against more, Spieth said. I feel like our job is to win a point. We can do that with those two guys. Were going to really lower their team morale, I feel like.Europe captain Paul McGinley left out his two other rookies a€” Victor Dubuisson of France and Jamie Donaldson of Wales a€” for the morning. He was asked about Watsons decision to play all three of his rookies.That might be a genius move by Tom, might not, he said.Walker is the veteran of the U.S. rookie trio. Hes 35 and has played on the tour for nearly a decade. He won events early this season and finished in the top 10 at three majors this year.Ive been playing professional golf for a long time, Reed said. Ive been on a couple of tours, made some big putts at key times, keeping my card, that type of stuff.I know this is a new event for me, but Ive done a lot, so I dont feel like a rookie.Reed is impatient for the competition to finally begin.This week seems like its lasted forever, he said. It just seems like Monday through today has been such a long process, just waiting and waiting and waiting just to get there and play and represent your country.Reeds wife, Justine, will not work as his caddie, with the duties going to Kessler Karain. Reed said Justine decided to be the wife and join in with the other wives and girlfriends for the weeks activities.Shell be cheering pretty loud on the sideline, he said.Spieth played in the Presidents Cup last year, something he feels gave him vital experience for this week. Hell find out quickly enough.I still dont know what to expect on that first tee, Spieth said. Thats a pretty incredible setting that they have here, but its a shot Im looking forward to hitting. I hope that Im one of those guys that elevates his game for this event.___Follow Stephen Wilson on Twitter: http://twitter.com/stevewilsonap ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).