Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

TORONTO -- Hockey Canadas Bob Nicholson figures its too early to worry about whether an injury clause could be used on Steven S

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 22.10.2019 03:14
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Hockey Canadas Bob Nicholson figures its too early to worry about whether an injury clause could be used on Steven Stamkos for the Olympics. Nike Shoes China . But its not too early for the management staff to consider potential alternatives if a broken right tibia keeps Stamkos from playing in Sochi. "Youre never replacing Steve Stamkos," said Nicholson, Hockey Canadas president and CEO. "We have a lot of great players. Steve Yzerman has a very difficult job putting this team together, but you dont replace Steve Stamkos and well just have to find another way to make sure the lineups strong." The Tampa Bay Lightning star was tied for the NHL lead in goals and assists and was considered a lock for the Canadian Olympic team. It also wasnt out of the realm of possibility that Stamkos couldve been on right wing alongside Pittsburgh superstar Sidney Crosby. After Canada struggled to score goals on the bigger, international-sized ice in Turin in 2006, pure scorers are likely to be a major priority. Through more than a month of the NHL season, no one fits that bill more than Corey Perry of the Anaheim Ducks and Matt Duchene of the Colorado Avalanche. Its possible Perry and Duchene, who each scored 11 goals through Mondays games, would ride their strong starts to spots on the team regardless of Stamkoss status, but theyre certainly in better shape now. Yzerman and coach Mike Babcock want to break up Perry and Ryan Getzlaf, so the Ducks winger could be ticketed to play with Crosby. Marty St. Louis, who won the Art Ross Trophy last season for Yzermans Lightning, also might get a chance with the Pittsburgh Penguins captain. The players stocks who could rise the most in the aftermath of the Stamkos injury are two who werent in Calgary for Olympic orientation camp in August: Claude Giroux of the Philadelphia Flyers and Jamie Benn of the Dallas Stars. Giroux elected not to go while rehabbing a hand injury, while Benn was not invited. Girouxs horrid start put him in a bad spot, but the need for a centre who can play right wing gives him a chance for redemption. He scored his first goal Saturday against the Edmonton Oilers, which could be just the spark he needs. Benn is a centre-turned-left-winger, but the flexibility of players like Patrick Sharp of the Chicago Blackhawks could help him get on the roster and let the lines shake out later. Fake Nike Shoes From China . -- Even as Chris Paul remained evasive about his future, he did what team leaders are expected to do. Fake Nike Shoes . Hughes, 30, is a former Major Leaguer with the Baltimore Orioles, having played in 14 games with the Os in 2010. He played with Class AA Binghamton of the Eastern League in the New York Mets system last season. https://www.nikeshoeschina.us/ . Calgarys Bo Levi Mitchell and Montreals Troy Smith will be the starting quarterbacks in a CFL season-opener for the first time in their careers. Both want to reinforce their No. 1 status. You can watch the game live in the first half of a doubleheader on TSN and TSN GO at 3:00pm et/Noon pt.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- John Jaso came up big again as a pinch-hitter with a home run against Los Angeles Angels closer Ernesto Frieri, a year and five days after doing the same thing to Kevin Jepsen at Angel Stadium -- a place where Jaso just loves to hit. Jasos go-ahead, two-run shot in the ninth inning sent the Oakland Athletics to a 3-2 victory Monday night. Yoenis Cespedes also went deep for the As, offsetting Albert Pujols 496th home run. Frieri (0-1) was trying to preserve a 2-1 lead for starter Hector Santiago when Josh Donaldson led off the ninth with a single and Cespedes flied out. Jaso batted for Derek Norris and drove a 1-2 pitch deep into the right-field seats for his first homer of the season and the first by an As pinch-hitter. "Donaldson hit that ball hard to start off the inning, and it kind of started there," Jaso said. "I think Cespy just missed a pitch, too, so we definitely had some good swings going and some good momentum against Frieri. "He showed me one changeup earlier in the at-bat and got a strike, so I thought he was going to go back with an off-speed pitch -- especially after I fouled off a couple of his fastballs," Jaso added. "But he came back with another heater and left it out over the plate. My timing was a little bit better on that particular pitch, and it looked really good to hit." Jaso has six homers and 21 RBIs at Angel Stadium along with a .424 average, the highest by any player with at least 75 plate appearances at the "Big A." "He got a really good pitch to hit and the ball went out," Frieri said. "In that situation, hes looking for something middle-in to drive in the air -- especially when they have a man on base. He hit a mistake pitch. Dont get me wrong, he made good contact, but I was trying to go down and away." It appeared Frieri needed more consoling from Santiago than vice versa. "I closed in 2012, so I know how it is, man. Youve got to have a short memory and forget about it," Santiago said. "Hes going to close more games than he blows. He said Sorry to me, but I told him: No, dont worry about it, man. Were all out here battling. I could have given up aa two-run homer and given up the lead in the seventh. Discount Nike Shoes From China. " Santiago allowed a run and five hits while striking out three in his fourth start for the Angels after spending his three previous big league seasons with the Chicago White Sox. A two-out homer by Cespedes in the fourth was Oaklands only run against the left-hander. The Angels lost a replay challenge in the ninth after Howie Kendrick was ruled out by first base umpire Chris Segal on a grounder in the hole that second baseman Nick Punto bobbled before throwing to Daric Barton. Jim Johnson (1-2) got the victory with a scoreless eighth, and Luke Gregerson earned his second save. Jesse Chavez allowed two runs -- one earned -- and four hits in seven innings with nine strikeouts and no walks. Oaklands starting pitchers have yielded three earned runs or fewer in every game so far, the second-longest streak by an As rotation at the beginning of a season since a 16-game stretch in 1981, when manager Billy Martins starters were Mike Norris, Rick Langford, Matt Keough, Steve McCatty and Brian Kingman. "It certainly hurts to lose two important guys like (Jarrod) Parker and (A.J.) Griffin," manager Bob Melvin said. "But when you have guys like Jesse Chavez and Tommy Milone that are going to step in and hold the fort down and compete at a high level, thats what we expect from those guys. So we have the depth." Pujols, closing in on 500 homers, a celebrated milestone achieved by 25 players in major league history, has four homers and eight RBIs in his last six games after driving in only one run in 30 at-bats over his first seven games. The three-time NL MVP also had an RBI single in the opener of a 19-game season series between the AL West rivals, who have combined to win 11 division titles over the past 14 years. The two-time Gold Glove first baseman frustrated the As in the eighth by starting a slick double play on Jed Lowries grounder. NOTES: Oakland CF and leadoff hitter Coco Crisp didnt play because of tightness in his left hamstring. ... Los Angeles 3B David Freese was 0 for 4 with two strikeouts. He has five hits and 13 Ks in his first 43 at-bats with the Angels. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).