Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

like a team ready

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 24.10.2019 03:11
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

GLENDALE, Ariz. Air Max 270 Scontate . – Randy Carlyle could only sigh at the awful manner in which his team started in the Arizona desert. Turtle start, he said regretfully afterward, it was slower than slow. The Maple Leafs couldnt overcome those lousy first 20 minutes, their comeback attempt coming up just short in Glendale, their three-game win streak put to bed on a warm Tuesday night. Its a bad start, said Dion Phaneuf after the 3-2 loss to Arizona, who had won just twice in the previous eight games. Its unacceptable to start that way. When you have a start like that it puts you behind the eight-ball and we were playing catch-up all night. Toronto mustered a measly three shots in that first frame. They turned pucks over with uneasy regularity. They failed to complete passes of any kind, the rock bouncing everywhere on Gila River Arenas choppy ice. They failed to skate with any urgency. They just werent sharp in any regard and it was all too obvious. Even an early 5-on-3 advantage did little to shake the disjointedness. The Leafs couldnt even muster a shot with more than a minutes worth of advantage. They dropped to 1-5-1 this season when failing to score first – a perfect 5-0-0, conversely, when managing the first goal. No explanation for that one other than the fact that we just seemed like we were in neutral and they were in third gear, Carlyle said. Our execution level was nowhere near where it needed to be. The Coyotes, who entered the night yielding a league-worst of nearly four goals per game, took advantage of that sloppy execution. They capitalized when Jake Gardiner flubbed a pass behind the Toronto goal, adding a second marker five minutes later on some disorderly defensive zone coverage. They were sharper, said James van Riemsdyk, who played more than 25 minutes in defeat. We were a little bit loose with the puck and loose in our systems. Hoping to spark some kind of change after watching the early malaise, Carlyle juggled his line combinations and defence pairings in the second, notably reuniting Phil Kessel with van Riemsdyk and Tyler Bozak while flipping Gardiner onto the left side of Roman Polak. And he got the desired pushback. Phaneuf and Cody Franson both scored power-play goals, but that was it for the Leafs. The balloon of a three-game win streak was popped just like that. A return to inconsistency. To us as a coaching staff we felt that this was a game that we could give ourselves the best chance to win with the type of game that weve been playing, Carlyle said. We played it for 35 minutes tonight, maybe 35 minutes. We werent very good in the first period and it cost us. Five Points 1. Goalie Decisions When training camp opened Carlyle made it clear, again, that he had no defined No. 1. Instead, he said, a duo would compete to own the position. You laugh at me and you say hes full of this, hes full of that, said Carlyle. [But] the reality is if you go to every team you have to have somebody thats going to emerge and be your guy. And so despite Jonathan Bernier winning three of his past four starts with a .930 save percentage, Carlyle opted to ride what he deemed the hotter hand – seemingly changing his plan of starting Bernier in doing so. James Reimers third period performance against Chicago over the weekend was enough to sway his decision. You have some sort of an idea of what youd like to do, Carlyle said before the game against Phoenix, but if people perform to a high level its hard not to go back to them. It was a bold decision in many ways, one that risks ruffling Berniers feathers. Reimer certainly performed admirably on Saturday – making 26 saves in the third period alone – but Bernier did nothing in his previous starts not to earn the next look after the back-to-back – yielding one goal on 39 total shots in wins over Buffalo and Columbus. Not only had he been playing well recently, but happened to win the job a year ago and then, probably to some frustration, was asked to win it all over again this fall. Its up to Randy I guess, Bernier said early this season when questioned on being the teams No. 1. To me, Im not going to say Im the No. 1 [because] if I play 20 games this year then I look like a fool right? So it just depends on Randy, how much he wants to play me, how much he wants to play [Reimer]. But obviously it comes from the head coach. If the head coach says Ive got my No. 1 guy thats when you feel you are. Like any coach, Carlyle did what he felt would give his team the best chance to win against Arizona. And it may not matter in the end if Bernier is perturbed for a day or two, but in opting for Reimer on Tuesday, Carlyle risks stoking a fire in a market that craves goalie controversy. 2. Hard to Fathom The Leafs had an early opportunity to right their stunted start with two Coyotes wedged in the penalty box in the opening minutes of the first frame. But they mustered nothing, not even a single shot at Mike Smith. Its hard to fathom that we were so inept with it at that time, Carlyle said. We couldnt make two passes and we had one player [Franson] fall down twice on it. Those are the things that [cause you to think] whats going on out there? and thats when youre helpless. The Leafs have yet to score with a 5-on-3 advantage this season. 3. Reimers Follow-Up Not quite as sharp as three days earlier, Reimer could hardly be pinned for the defeat. All three goals featured strange bounces and errors of some kind in and around the goal. It wasnt goaltending that was our main issue, Carlyle said. [Reimer] gave us a chance and thats all you can ask of your goaltender. [Were] there some rebounds that he kicked out or is there something youd like to improve on? For sure, but he was one of our better players tonight thats for sure. You just try and make the most of every opportunity youre given, said Reimer, who ended up with 30 saves. When you go in there you want to play hard, you want to battle and you want to give your team a chance. And leave the decision-making up to the coaches. They get paid to coach and I get paid to get in front of the puck and I enjoy doing it. Bernier could be in line to get the next two starts. Hes the likely bet to start in Colorado on Thursday and may just be the guy again on Saturday against New York, given Reimers stellar history against their Sunday opponent. The Leafs play in Ottawa that night, where Reimer boasts a 7-1-0 career record with a .971 save percentage. 4. Komarov Offence The Maple Leafs believed they missed the presence of Leo Komarov when he left the club to return to the KHL last season. All the things that you look for in a player he ticks a lot of boxes, general manager Dave Nonis said when they signed the 27-year-old to a four-year deal this past July. Komarov is bringing many of those same elements to the table this fall with one notable addition: offence. While he led his Moscow Dynamo squad in scoring last year, Komarov produced only nine points in his first 42 NHL games in 2013. Hes nearly matched that mark already this fall, setting a career-high for assists last week; he now has seven, tied for second behind Kessel for the team lead. I wouldnt say hes a natural offensive player, but I think he can still provide some [offence], Carlyle said. He still gets his chances and he works well within the framework of his linemates … Hes a hard guy to play against and those are things that make him what he is. 5. Desert Memories Daniel Winnik started his career in the desert with the Coyotes. His first NHL head coach just happened to be the Great One. It was a little awe-inspiring to be honest, Winnik said. My first camp, it was like holy crap, this is Wayne Gretzky being my coach. Gretzkys coaching staff also included fellow Hall of Famer, Grant Fuhr. Winnik remembers hearing a fascinating tale or two from their highly successful playing days. As for Gretzky, Winnik looks back on the experience with a grin, I always said it mustve been hard for him just watching us chip pucks in all the time. Stats-Pack 1-5-1 – Leafs record when failing to score the first goal this season. 11:48 – Ice-time for Stephane Robidas on Tuesday, a season-low. 6 – Goals from the Toronto defence, including a pair against the Coyotes. 13-7 – Mark by which the Leafs have been outscored in first periods. 16 – Points for Phil Kessel, now third in league scoring. Special Teams Capsule PP: 2-5 Season: 19.2% PK: 4-4 Season: 82.6% Quote of the Night Turtle start, it was slower than slow. -Randy Carlyle, on the Leafs first period in Glendale. Up Next The Leafs finish their mini two-game road swing in Colorado on Thursday night. Scarpe Air Max 200 Scontate . Vonn flew back to Vail, Colo., last week after hurting her surgically repaired right knee at a downhill race in France. "Her knee was swollen again after Val dIsere," U.S. womens head coach Alex Hoedlmoser told The Associated Press. Air Max Scontate . Specifically, thumbs up to the Canadian-based teams in the NHL, or at least most of them. http://www.airmaxitaliascarpe.it/scarpe-air-max-tn-scontate.html .com) - Australian Open champion Li Na, former Wimbledon winner Petra Kvitova and former world No.TORONTO - When Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price looks at the Toronto Maple Leafs, he sees a big, physically strong team. "Theyre in your face," Price said. "Theyre a playoff team." The Leafs may be built for playoff hockey, but getting there could be a challenge down the stretch, especially after losing 4-3 to the Canadiens on Saturday night at Air Canada Centre. Montreal moved five points up on Toronto in the Atlantic Division standings and in the process made it far less likely that this thrilling, back-and-forth affair could be a first-round playoff preview. "I think thats what everybody would want to see, and Im sure its going to happen sooner or later," said Habs forward Rene Bourque, who had a goal and an assist and was not yet born the last time these teams met in the playoffs back in 1979. As the Habs won for the fourth time in five games, the Leafs (36-28-8) dropped their fourth in a row as part of a troubling late-season swoon in the absence of injured goalie Jonathan Bernier. Toronto still occupies the first wild-card spot in the Eastern Conference but leads Detroit by just one point and Columbus by two and has played two more games that the Red Wings and Blue Jackets. The Leafs could fall out of playoff position by the end of Sunday. James Reimer, who allowed four goals on 37 shots, including a short-side game-winner by Tomas Plekanec, said he and his teammates have a "healthy sense of urgency" with 10 games remaining. "I think we know we played well tonight and I think we made some mistakes but I think they made some mistakes too," Reimer said. "Really, it was kind of one bad bounce that decided the game. I think we can hold our heads high on this one and go into tomorrow (at the New Jersey Devils) feeling good about ourselves." The Habs are feeling good about themselves after winning a track meet of a hockey game that featured three goals in the first period — by Montreals Max Pacioretty, Bourque and captain Brian Gionta and Torontos Joffrey Lupul and Tyler Bozak. Montreal coach Michel Therrien liked the way his team dictated the play early. But it was bouncing back in the third period after Nazem Kadri tied the score for the Leafs that impressed Price, who finished with 33 saves. "That was definitely a test of character," Price said. "When a team scores in the third period to tie it up when theyre at home, youre on the road, they grab a lot of momentum. ... Being able to grab the lead and then hold it with a good team effort like that is, I think, rewarding." The Habs reward if these winning ways keep up is either second or third place in the Atlantic Division, crucial spots that would mean avoiding Mondays opponent, the Boston Bruins, or the Pittsburgh Penguins in the first round. Now five points back of Montreal and six behind the Tampa Bay Lightning, who won in Toronto on Wednesday night, the Leafs will need an uphill climb to avoid a wild-card spot and a tough matchup. But now theres some legitimate concern, given recent woes, that a playoff spot altogether might be in danger. This loss, which winger Mason Raymond said "stings" and captain Dion Phanuef called "disappointing," didnt help that cause. Air Max Shop Italia. "You have to turn the page," Phaneuf said. "Theres no looking back on today, tomorrow. Tomorrows a new day, weve got to pull ourselves out of it. Its this group thats going to get us out of this bind. Weve been close, but close isnt good enough right now. We know that were going to get out of it, weve just got to find a way." The Leafs and Habs (29-26-7) were close because this was such a back-and-forth game with plenty of chances at either end. The turning point came 9:14 into the third when Toronto winger James van Riemsdyk was called for goaltender interference when he steam-rolled Price. Habs defenceman Andrei Markov appeared to make contact with van Riemsdyk before he hit Price, but the goalie went to the ice and believed he was interfered with. "Its contact to my head, so I thought it was a penalty, personally," Price said. Leafs coach Randy Carlyle, who conceded he didnt see a replay of the incident, was more worried about the impact of the penalty. Plekanec scored just as van Riemsdyk was being released from the box at 11:14, sneaking a shot in the tiny space between Reimer and the right post. "We clawed back into the hockey game and then we take a penalty early in the third and they score," Carlyle said. "It was the difference in the hockey game, and the margin of error now in these games is so close that one bounce or one mis-play or one unfortunate mistake cost us points." Mistakes — be it turnovers by Phil Kessel, David Clarkson and Kadri or soft goals allowed by Reimer — hurt the Leafs dearly. Another slow start wasnt ideal, either. "Obviously we were behind the 8-ball a little bit early on giving up two goals," Raymond said of allowing two goals in the games first seven minutes. "I like the way we battled back, but turnovers killed us a bit and thats tough." The Habs benefited because they pounced on so many mistakes the Leafs committed. In front of an early-spring crowd of 19,789 thats hungry for playoff hockey, Montreal executed like a team ready for that next step. "Both teams need those points. We were ready to play," Therrien said. "At this time of the year, you need to be in a playoff mindset. And our mindsets like that." NOTES — Montreals streak of consecutive penalties killed was snapped at 25 on Kadris power-play goal at 2:49 of the third. The last time the Habs surrendered a goal on the power play was March 6 at the Phoenix Coyotes. ... Leafs centre Dave Bolland played just 9 minutes 1 second in his return to the lineup. Bolland missed the previous 56 games after suffering a severed tendon in the back of his ankle Nov. 2. ... Habs forward Lars Eller suffered a lower-body injury, Therrien said, and did not play in the third period. Michael Bournival was called up, and he will meet the team in Boston. .... Bernier, who has now missed four straight games with a groin injury, will miss his fifth in a row Sunday when the Leafs visit the Devils. Carlyle said the 25-year-old will not make the trip. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).