Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

ever simple in F1.

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 06.01.2020 10:19
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

LAS VEGAS -- It was the first question for Canadian Rory (Ares) MacDonald at the UFC 167 public workouts. Vapormax Plus Pas Cher . If the third-ranked MacDonald and welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre win on the weekend, will the two training partners have to fight each other. "No," said MacDonald, before pausing. "Next question?" Rashad Evans and Chael Sonnen, however, will put friendship aside Saturday when they face off in the co-main event at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. The two are no strangers to working in close quarters. When they are not fighting, they sit next to each other as TV analysts on UFC shows on Fox. After their fight, they will be reunited two weeks later to do coverage on a UFC weigh-in show. The 34-year-old Evans, a former light-heavyweight champion, is currently ranked the No. 4 contender in the 205-pound division ruled by Jon (Bones) Jones. The 36-year-old Sonnen, who has competed for the title at both 185 and 205 pounds, is ranked No. 6. Sonnen (29-13-1) is coming off an August win over former light-heavyweight champion Mauricio (Shogun) Rua. He had lost two straight title shots before that -- to Jones and then-middleweight champion Anderson Silva. Evans (23-3-1) beat Dan Henderson last time out in August. That followed losses to Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and Jones. Sonnen-Evans may be a case of be careful of what you wish for. When Sonnen heard St-Pierre was headlining UFC 167, a marquee card that celebrates the UFCs 20-year anniversary, he asked to fight Wanderlei (The Axe Murderer) Silva in the co-main event. "Then I asked to be put in it with anybody but Rashad," he said. "But I ended up with Rashad, so I got half my wish." Sonnen and Evans were doing commentary work at a UFC show in Indianapolis in August when UFC president Dana White texted Sonnen to say he needed to talk to him about his next fight. "And I said as long as its at 205 and its not Rashad, Im in. And he wrote back It is Rashad. So I held the phone up to Rashad -- we were on a commercial break -- and just let him read it. And I didnt say anything. He read the whole thing." A few minutes later on the show, Sonnen had to turn to Evans to set him up for the next segment. "I could feel him sizing me up the whole rest of the show. And I felt myself doing the same thing to him." "Thats the way it goes," he added. "Its not the fight either of us wanted but were both leaders within the locker-room with the guys at the back. We cant set an example that you pick and choose your fights. You dont. Youve got to compete with everybody." Evans recalled the moment, noting the two had believed they wouldnt be pitted against each other. "Just because we have such good working chemistry (on TV) and I thought maybe they wouldnt do that just because it would bring a little bit of awkwardness. But we were both wrong." Evans says he usually sees his opponent and starts thinking "Oh, man Im going to punch him in his face." Not this time, although Evans believes that when the bell rings he will be able to "hit the switch and just make it a fight." White, who rarely sees a matchup he cant make, says Evans-Sonnen was simply the right fight at this time. The UFC boss, for the record, believes MacDonald will leave GSPs gym after this fight and start training on his own, setting the stage for an all-Canadian welterweight showdown. Both Sonnen and Evans have elite amateur wrestling credentials. Sonnen was a U.S. Olympic team alternate and NCAA all-American while Evans was a national junior college champion and NCAA all-American. Evans has landed 49 takedowns, the most in the UFC light-heavyweight division. Sonnen has 35, the most as a middleweight. Sonnen believes their wrestling skills might cancel each other out. "I anticipate that from a fans perspective, it will be a different fight than anyone has seen either of us have before," said Sonnen. "Well both have to go to some other hold ... This isnt a new spot but its a tough one. And Im going to have it figure it out on the fly," he added. Evans isnt buying it. "Lets be honest here. Chael Sonnen has one way of fighting and thats coming straight at you. It doesnt matter who you are, it doesnt matter what your game plan is. He has one game plan and thats to impose his will." Sonnen is like a blanket and looks to envelop his opponent from the get-go. And once he gets you down to the ground, he looks to punish and finish. Evans, meanwhile, combines speed and power, above a good wrestling base. Sonnen has got some intel from Henderson, his good friend and sometime training partner, on Evans. "He commented on how quick Rashad is and how difficult he is to hit, with his movement." Evans is also back on his game, after his UFC 145 title loss to Jones that saw a bitter break with his former camp at Jacksons MMA where Jones also trained. "Those guys were family for me for a long time before he (Jones) came into the picture. So it was kind of a sense of me losing a piece of my family and that hurt and that stung more than anything, than the fight itself." Evans formed his own camp, known as the Blackzilians, in Boca Raton, Fla., and says he has benefited from moving forward and ridding himself of past resentment. "No longer did I have those feelings of betrayal that I had before. I had a different understanding of the whole situation, which is the fact that sometimes in life people just have to go in different directions. And sometimes its good, and sometimes its hard to do. But at the same time, nevertheless we all have to go in (our) own direction at some point." Sonnen has also changed. At times in his career, especially when hyping up his two fights with then middleweight champion Anderson Silva, Sonnen has veered between carnival barker and pro wrestler in his on-camera persona as a fighter. But he has been a gentleman in recent times, both candid and cerebral. Asked about his first-round submission win over Rua, he was gracious in victory. "I dont think Shogun was ready to go that night. I think he was too much of a sportsman to make any excuses, unlike most guys. I think he let me have my moment. I dont think that was the real Shogun that I faced." And Sonnen played down any idea of good-natured trash-talking if he wins Saturday. "Im a pretty good winner, a pretty good loser," he said. "I understand its competition. Either way Ill shake his hand when its done and well walk away. But I wont bring it up ... bit of a low blow if I did." Same for Evans. "I wouldnt rub it in. I wouldnt overtly rub it in, I guess," he said, drawing laughs. "I wouldnt make a big deal out of it but every once in a while Id give him the look like You know what happened." Air Max 720 Soldes . -- The NFL Players Association wants to determine if the Tampa Bay Buccaneers leaked information about quarterback Josh Freeman being in the NFLs substance abuse program. Air Max 97 Plus Pas Cher . "Its amazing to do this coming from such a small island, where tennis isnt necessarily recognized as one of the main sports," Puig said. "Im just happy Im able to be here playing tennis not only for myself, but for my country too. http://www.chaussurepascherchine.fr/grossiste-air-max-270.html . So true. It is one thing to create a winning football team, and another to keep it winning. Each and every week it changes. The NFL creates a unique interest of not who is "the best", but much more who is "the best this week".FIA race director Charlie Whiting has explained Lewis Hamilton was not punished for going off track at the Mexican GP because the Mercedes driver did not gain a lasting advantage. The decision not to penalise Hamilton at the start of the last race was challenged by Red Bull after Max Verstappen was hit by a five-second penalty for, like Hamilton, missing the circuits first corner.However, as Whiting revealed immediately after the race to Sky F1s Martin Brundle, data showed from Hamiltons car showed that the Mercedes driver immediately slowed upon returning to the track. Verstappen, on the other hand, was defending from Sebastian Vettel when he lost control of his Red Bull car under braking. Whitings explanation was provided in full during a captivating but highly unusual briefing at the end of the traditional pre-event drivers press conference for this weekends Brazilian GP when Whiting joined Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen, Daniel Ricciardo and Williams Felipe Massa to talk through the incidents.Hours after Whitings appearance, Ferrari announced they would appeal against Vettels demotion, stating that a number of new elements had come to light after the decision that make the decison reviewable. Its understood the appeal was lodged on Wednesday - the night before Whitings appearance. Vettel unhappy with his Mexico penaltyThe conference provided Vettel with his first public opportunity to discuss his penalty in Mexico after the Ferrari driver was stripped of his podium finish over three hours after the race had finished.In an incident which was analysed in depth by Whiting in front of the assembled media and the drivers, Vettel was found guilty of moving in the braking zone when trying to hold off Ricciardo on the penultimate lap of the race. Ironically, Vettel was one of the strongest advocates for the rules surrounding such manoeuvres being tightened up in the wake of sustained criticism of Verstappen for similar perceived offences.But Vettel remained adamant he had done nothing wrong.I dont agree with the decision made, said the Ferrari driver. I gave enough room on the inside, l kept the car straight for the majority of the braking and in my opinion Daniel locked up so badly because there was no grip on the inside. I think it looked worse than it actually was. Whiting accepts Vettel apologyWhiting was himself speaking publicly for the first time since Vettel launched a foul-mouthed outburst aimed directly at the FIA race director after the four-time world champion became exasperated with Verstappens refusal to yield.Its not the first time that bad language has been used and the fact it was directed at me was unfortunate, said Whiting. There were a number of mitigating factors which built up to Sebastians frustrations but the fact he sought me out to apologise...for me, that was enough. I am prepared just to forget it and move on.The FIA investigated the outburst but decided not to levy a further penalty against Vettel after the Ferrari driver wrote a letter of apology to the governing body. I am sorry for what l said, conceded Vettel. I regret what l said, I didnt mean it and I am happy Charlie has accepted the apology. Sebastian Vettel says he doesnt agree with his penalty in Mexico Versstappens lasting advantage or double standards?Vettel wasnt alone in expressing his unhappiness with the stewards post-race verdicts in Mexico. Chaussure Grossiste Chine. Along with Red Bull boss Christian Horner, Verstappen felt he had been the victim of double standards when he was demoted from third place for cutting the first corner following Hamiltons let-off.But according to Whiting, the telemetry from Hamiltons W07 showed the Mercedes driver had backed off to 80 per cent throttle between turns three and four to give back his advantage. Charlie Whiting joins the drivers press conference to explain the two incidents in Mexico where Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen missed the first corner Turning to the Verstappen incident, Whiting then added: If Max had done the same thing between turns three and four, he would have certainly have lost his place. So the stewards felt he deserved a penalty because he had gained a lasting advantage. Thats the fundamental difference.With Whiting sitting directly in front of him, Verstappen responded: Of course I dont agree with the decision. If you give penalties, give it to both or dont give any penalties. A second Verstappen rule in the future?But Verstappen also argued that a blanket ban on drivers leaving the track should be imposed to avoid similar future controversy.Maybe what we should change in the future is that once you go off you should be penalised instead of the stewards interfering and giving an opinion, said the Red Bull teenager.It would be good if we could somehow automatically get some sort of slowing down, agreed Mercedes Nico Rosberg. Sky F1 pundit Brundle argued along similar lines in his post-Mexico column for Sky Sports, writing: I have believed for many years that in those situations a driver should be made to go through a penalty box area at pit lane speed limit so that he takes some serious pain for his mistake.The Verstappen rule, which outlaws drivers moving in the braking zone, was also discussed at length with Whiting clarifying the circumstances under which a penalty would be imposed: Firstly, if a driver has to take avoiding action, if a driver makes an abnormal change of direction in the braking zone and if it is potentially dangerous to another driver. If those three conditions are satisfied then the stewards will feel a penalty should be applied.Such complexity is likely to confuse rather than excite Formula 1 fans. But as Whiting reflected, simplicity is never simple in F1.The whole sport has become more complex. There are continued requests to make things clearer, but the clearer things become the longer, and the more detailed, the rules.For example, all the rules around driving could be summed up in one sentence: drivers must drive safely.But when you have a simple rule like that, you are continually asked what does that exactly mean, can we do this? and can we do that?, and the rule becomes longer and longer…Can Nico Rosberg clinch the title at Interlagos? Watch the Brazilian GP live on Sky Sports F1 on Sunday, the race begins at 4pm; Watch the whole race weekend with a NOW TV week pass - £10.99, no contract Also See: The Formula 1 Gossip column Whens the Brazilian GP on Sky F1? Get a Sky Sports weekend pass Red Bull: Vettels demotion right ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).