Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

CHICAGO -- Wrigley Field turns 100 this spring, and Chicago Cubs owner Tom Ricketts is looking forward to celebrating the landm

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 16.01.2020 09:54
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Wrigley Field turns 100 this spring, and Chicago Cubs owner Tom Ricketts is looking forward to celebrating the landmark birthday. Wenyen Gabriel Jersey . He also wants to get started on the future of the beloved ballpark. Ricketts said Friday the team is examining all options for financing the renovation of the Cubs longtime home, including bringing in outside investors for the franchise. "Most teams are owned by dozens of investors," Ricketts said. "Its unusual for anyone to own 95 per cent of a team. So were going to look at whether or not that fits for us. But it is non-controlling, minority shares." Ricketts said outside investment is just one financing option being considered, and the process is just getting started. He also said there is no reason to be concerned about the financial state of the club. "It is quite common for teams to sell limited partnership interests," said Sal Galatioto, president of Galatioto Sports Partners. "Most of the major baseball franchises are held through partnerships." Galatioto said his firm represented the Ricketts when they purchased the Cubs, Wrigley Field and 25 per cent of Comcast SportsNet Chicago in 2009 from Tribune Co. or $845 million. The family controls 95 per cent of the Cubs, with Tribune Co. owning the rest. Forbes, in its recent valuation of major league teams, ranked the Cubs as the fourth-most valuable at $1.2 billion. "The $1.2 billion valuation of the club by itself seems to be in the ballpark," Galatioto said in an email. While Wrigley remains one of baseballs most popular ballparks, it lacks many of the modern amenities that are common around the majors. But the teams privately financed $500 million renovation plan remains on hold. The long-delayed project calls for construction of a nearby hotel and upgrades throughout the ballpark, with a Jumbotron video screen in left field and a 650 square-foot Budweiser sign in right. The Cubs have approval from the city for the Jumbotron and sign but seek assurances from rooftop owners along Waveland and Sheffield Aves. that they wont slow construction by suing over blocked views. The rooftop businesses give a percentage of their revenue to the Cubs as part of their contracts with the team. "The key is to just keep moving forward and keep talking," Ricketts said before the Cubs home opener against the Philadelphia Phillies, "and I expect that something will work for us. Well figure it out." But Ricketts had hoped to have started construction by now, and he sounded a bit tired about the negotiations with the rooftop owners. "Weve made a lot of concesssions," he said. "At some point it has to end somewhere. But again, were not there yet. We keep working and see what we can get done." Norm Van Lier Jersey . -- Augusta James of Bath, Ont. Rick Adelman Jersey . - Vince Wilfork has played only two career games in Kansas City. https://www.cheapkingsbasketball.com/1562b-harry-giles-jersey-kings.html . In a series of tweets, it is explained by the Department of Player Safety that Niederreiter makes full body contact with Burrows and although there is head contact, he does not "pick" the head in the course of making the hit.LONDON -- Andy Murray won his first match since adding Amelie Mauresmo as his new coach, beating Frenchman Paul-Henri Mathieu 6-4, 6-4 in the second round of the Queens Club grass-court tournament on Wednesday. "I was looking forward to getting back on the court," Murray said. "I enjoy playing here. I love being back on the grass. "I thought I was quite disciplined with my movement today. I moved pretty well. I wasnt sliding about too much. Yeah, it was a good start." Top seed and Australian Open winner Stanislas Wawrinka also advanced into the third round when Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus retired with a right shoulder injury as the Swiss led 3-2. There was victory too for 2011 finalist and fifth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France, who weathered a close first set before overwhelming Belgiums David Goffin 7-6 (5), 6-2. Since his loss to Roger Federer in the 2012 Wimbledon final, Murray has won 19 consecutive matches on grass and captured three titles, including the 2012 London Olympic gold at the All England Club, and Wimbledon and Queens last year. Murray hired former top-ranked player and two-time major winner Mauresmo as his coach on Sunday, initially for the grass-court season. He has been without a coach since he parted ways with Ivan Lendl in March. Hiring a female coach has generated a great deal of attention, and although he previously worked with his mother, Judy, for a long period, he admits that such a move at his level of the game was unusual. "At first when I thought about it, it was obviously a consideration, because for a few years I havent worked with a woman," he said. "Now the decision has been made, its not something that Im thinking about. Its more about the qualities that she can bring that will help me and my tennis and my team as well. I hope it works out long term because I like her. Shes a good person. I hope it works out well." Murray was impressed with Mauresmo when they met, and saw the qualities she could bring. "t;After I spoke to her the first time I just really liked her. Kyle Guy Jersey. She was calm. She asked a lot of questions. She listened. She listened a lot. I liked chatting to her, so then I decided to sit down and speak to her and had a good chat with her about tennis. "This week, theres not going to be any big changes in my game. I also wouldnt expect any before Wimbledon. But well definitely work on some things after the tournament is finished here." Vasek Pospisil of Vancouver lost 6-4, 6-4 to Sergiy Stakhovsky of Ukraine while Torontos Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic of Serbia defeated Wawrinka and Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria 7-6 (4), 7-5. Pospisil also lost in mens doubles. Ernests Gulbis, who reached his maiden Grand Slam semifinal at the French Open last week, fell to Kenny De Schepper of France 7-6 (3), 7-5. "I like the grass," Gulbis, the sixth seed from Latvia said. "But I never played well the first tournament. I always played decent in Wimbledon if I practiced well. So now Im going to stay here, practice two weeks on grass. Im going to be fully fine for Wimbledon." Lleyton Hewitt remains one victory short of Roger Federers record of 122 match wins on grass after being beaten 6-3, 6-4 by Feliciano Lopez. Hewitt, a four-time champion at Queens, was broken once in each set and failed to earn a single break point against the Spaniard. Its the first time the Australian has lost to Lopez in five meetings. Hewitt had been bidding to become the first player to win Queens five times. He shares the record of four titles with Andy Roddick. "I played a bit of a loose game the second game of the match," he said. "Then, yeah, he served really well the whole match. He had a lot better rhythm today than he did yesterday in his first-round match. He hit his spots really well." Dmitry Tursunov of Russia and Nicolas Mahut of France were beaten, but there were wins for eighth seed Alexandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine and Radek Stepanek. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).