Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

Christine Sinclair has witnessed many highs and lows over the last 10 years with the Canadian womens soccer team, but through it

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 01.06.2018 07:41
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

Christine Sinclair has witnessed many highs and lows over the last 10 years with the Canadian womens soccer team, but through it all her reliably excellent play has been the teams backbone. Harry Kane Jersey . That consistency was rewarded Friday when Sinclair was named Canadian womens soccer player of the year for the 10th straight time, and 11th overall. Her latest accolade came a day after the 30-year-old forward from Burnaby, B.C., marked her 200th appearance for Canada and scored her 147th career international goal in a 2-0 win over Scotland. "Internationally Ive been a part of this team for a while and been through many ups and downs, and three coaches, but its clear to see the program is progressing," Sinclair said Friday on a conference call from Brazil, where Canada is participating in the Torneio Internacional de Futebol Feminino. "I think both technically and tactically, the support from the federation, everything seems to be going in the right direction building towards 2015," she added. The national womens program is in a good place heading into 2015, when Canada will host the FIFA Womens World Cup. Canada won its first ever Pan Am Games gold medal in 2011, then made its mark on the nations sports landscape with a bronze medal at the 2012 London Olympics. "Very few people get an opportunity to actually play in a World Cup at home, but I think we have a shot at doing very well," Sinclair said. "Everything were doing is building toward that and trying to prove to everyone that what happened in London isnt a one-off thing and that its sustainable. That Canada is a forced to be reckoned within the international scene." Sinclair called her international experience this year "interesting." She missed Canadas first four international games due to a suspension stemming from an altercation with an official after Canadas semifinal loss to the U.S. at the London Games. She also said that Canada is currently in a building phase and developing younger players for the main squad, which has meant results have been muted following an explosive 2012. But on the club level, Sinclair had a season to remember. She led the Portland Thorns to the NWSL championship with eight goals in 20 matches. It marked her third straight club title, having won in 2010 with FC Gold Pride and 2011 with the Western New York Flash. "I have many ties to the Portland area having gone to university there," she said. "Its a soccer-crazy city, and being able to reward those fans and that organization with a championship, it just meant so much to me to be able to give that to the city." Sinclair added that as big as international womens soccer is getting, a healthy domestic league will do a lot to help to grow the game. "For me its all about doing everything I can to help the NWSL survive," she said. "Its my goal to have this league around for years to come, so that nine- and 10-year-olds now have a place to play when theyre done with university and a place to dream of playing. "Very few people make national teams, but it doesnt mean that once youre done your university or youth club career that your soccer career should be over." Sinclair made the 10-player shortlist for the 2013 FIFA Womens World Player of the Year award and was honoured on Canadas Walk of Fame. Sinclair first won the Canadian award in 2000 and has made it her own since 2004. Six men have won the male half of the award since then. A lot has happened since her first award, from the highs of playing in the 2002 under-19 World Cup final in front of a big crowd at Edmontons Commonwealth Stadium, to the lows of finishing in last place at the 2011 World Cup in Germany. "I remember back to 2002 with the under-19 world championship and there being almost 50,000 fans at the final and thinking All right, womens soccer has arrived in this country," she said. "And then we went through a little bit of a lull. As a national team we didnt perform as well as we would have hoped to, and you didnt see the huge increases in attendance. But obviously what happened in London has blown everyones expectations out of the water." Sinclair said the benefits of winning an Olympic medal go right down to soccers youth level. "Just little kids who recognize all of us, because when I was that age I had no idea there was even a national team," she said. "Now these kids have female athletes as role models and they dream of being the next Erin McLeod (Canadas goalkeeper), that never happened 15 years ago." Midfielder Diana Matheson was runner-up for the Canadian soccer award, followed by McLeod and midfielder Desiree Scott. The award is voted on by Canadian media, coaches and clubs. Portland Timbers captain Will Johnson was named male player of the year on Thursday. Dylan Carreiro and Kadeisha Buchanan were earlier named under-20 players of the year. Marco Carducci and Sura Yekka took under-17 honours while Liam Stanley was named Para Player of the Year. The awards are sponsored by BMO. Custom Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys . Ive said it before, Ive worked with top pros and I could have made my own program. Erik Lamela Jersey . - The fiancee of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez is set to ask a judge to throw out allegations that she lied to a grand jury. http://www.hotspurfcproshop.com/josh-onomah-hotspur-jersey-uk/ . Bryant underwent an operation in December to correct an irregular heartbeat. His season ended with four games left because of a rapid heartbeat, a condition he has known about for several years and had been treated for in the past.OKLAHOMA CITY -- Spurs guard Tony Parker missed the second half of Game 6 of the Western Conference finals because of left ankle soreness. Parker had eight points in the first half Saturday, then was sitting on the bench wwhen the third quarter started. Davinson Sanchez Jersey. . Cory Joseph replaced him in San Antonios lineup. San Antonio was trying to clinch a second straight trip to the NBA Finals. Oklahoma City led 49-42 at halftime. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Authentic Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys 2018 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).