Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

Elite prospects in the bench press and

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 30.08.2019 03:50
von panxing18 | 391 Beiträge

the 40 tend to have more NFL success than those who excel in the cone and shuttle drills." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteCat Scratch Readera Carolina Panthers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsAboutPanthersOddsShopStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomFiled under:Panthers 2019 NFL DraftWhen evaluating edge rushers at the combine Youth DJ Moore Jersey , focus on the bench press and 40-yard dashNew,21commentsElite prospects in the bench press and the 40 tend to have more NFL success than those who excel in the cone and shuttle drills.ESTShareTweetShareShareWhen evaluating edge rushers at the combine, focus on the bench press and 40-yard dashMatthew Emmons-USA TODAY SportsThe Panthers have a long list of roster holes to fill and an effective pass rusher from the edge is right at the top. The NFL Combine, which is right around the corner, will tell the team a lot about the 2019 edge draft class. Utilizing data from Football Reference I did some basic data analysis to see which combine drills predict the best defensive ends and edge rushers. At a high level, I looked at combine results between 2010 and 2015 to see how elite performers in the 40-yard dash, bench press, 3-cone drill, and shuttle run went on to perform in the NFL (click the links to see the players’ names). I removed broad jump and vertical jump because they didn’t seem to be good predictors of future success. You can read this article to learn more about what each test measures.By “elite performers” I’m specifically referring to the 10 overall best performances in each event between the entire period of 2010 through 2015. Players drafted in 2016 or later were excluded because they are still relatively early in their careers. While I know this is subjective, I gave each of the Top 10 performers in each drill a rating of “stud”, “starter” DJ Moore Men Jersey , “contributor”, “depth”, or “bust.” You can see the names and ratings of each player here. Here are the results:Player ratings by combine resultEventStudStarterContributorDepthBustEventStudStarterContributorDepthBustAgain, I know these ratings are subjective on my part, but it’s at least directionally correct based on what we’ve seen from each of these players throughout their careers. Based on these results, players with elite 40 times and bench press results have had much more success in their careers than the 3-cone drill and shuttle run leaders. Some of the “studs” among the Top 10 fastest 40 times include Jadeveon Clowney (4.53), Ziggy Ansah (4.56), Danielle Hunter (4.57), and Robert Quinn (4.62). “Starters” include Nick Perry (4.55) and Alvin Dupree (4.56).The “studs” from the bench press are J.J. Watt (34 reps), Everson Griffen (32), Ryan Kerrigan (31) Color Rush DJ Moore Jersey , and Olivier Vernon (31). Nick Perry (35) is the only “starter” as well as the only player to appear among the Top 10 for both 40 times and bench press.Impressive, Mr. Perry. Meanwhile, the “busts” among the elite 3-cone drill performers are Jake Bequette, Michael Buchanon, Jackson Jeffcoat, and Ryan Wintersyk. The “busts” from the shuttle run also included Jeffocat and Bequette plus Owamagbe Odighizuwa and Jamie Blatnick. The only “stud” from the 3-cone drill and shuttle run was J.J. Watt. Speaking of Watt, he was also the only player to be in the Top 10 in at least three different events. He’s basically a freak of nature. As the Panthers get ready for the 2019 draft they would be wise to land a stud who can get pressure off the edge. Recent history tells us they would do well to take a hard look at players who excel in both the 40 and bench press in making this happen.Mocking the Depth: Panthers 2018 defensive roster projection While the offense is pretty close to set in stone, there’s a bit more to worry about with the defense. Let us break down what the roster could look like at this point in 3 weeks.Defensive LineStarters: Wes Horton, Dontari Poe, Kawann Short, Mario AddisonDepth: Julius Peppers DJ Moore Jersey Boys , DaeShon Hall, Marquise Haynes, Kyle Love, Vernon ButlerWes Horton and Julius Peppers will likely be co-starters, with Hall and Haynes coming in as rotational guys. Short and Poe should hold down most of the starting snaps, however I’d like to see Butler more involved as a pass rusher. We could see a lot of Short and Butler in passing situations. While the team hasn’t made a top heavy investment at defensive end, both Hall and Haynes should make it as former draft picks. Haynes should be the primary reliever for Addison as a speed rusher.LinebackerStarters: Thomas Davis, Luke Kuechly, Shaq ThompsonDepth: David Mayo, Jermaine Carter, Ben Jacobs Cheap DJ Moore Jersey , Andre SmithWith Davis out 4 weeks, both David Mayo and Jermaine Carter could see a decent amount of time as the 3rd linebacker. Carter has really impressed this preseason. Ben Jacobs brings proven veteran presence and special teams ability, and the team spent a draft pick on Smith. It is possible Jared Norris beats him out for a spot here, however. Those last two linebacker spots are certainly still fluid.CornerbackStarters: James Bradberry, Donte JacksonDepth: Captain Munnerlyn, Kevon Seymour, Corn ElderWhile many fans have been clamoring for Lorenzo Doss, I think Seymour sticks even if he gets beat out by Jackson (which at this point, I believe Jackson is in the drivers seat to start). Captain Munnerlyn still holds down that nickel spot, so it appears the 5th spot would be up for grabs. I think Elder ends up keeping it, though he’s got Doss and Cole Luke breathing down his neck there. Elder flashed some good play in his first week Custom DJ Moore Jersey , and I want to see more of him in the next three weeks. If a guy like Doss is going to make it, he will really need to shine.SafetyStarters: Mike Adams, Da’Norris SearcyDepth: Colin Jones, Rashaan GauldenI really don’t see any of this changing from now to week one. Adams and Searcy are locked in as the starters. Gaulden could end up seeing rotational play early on, as he’s impressed during the offseason. But with Donte Jackson at corner they have an emergency safety option, and Colin Jones simply brings more to the table than the rest of the guys. We could see Demetrious Cox as a practice squad signee, but I don’t think he beats out Jones here. Despite this idea that Jones isn’t worth it, he has a lot of experience in the scheme. His ability to play nickel CB in a pinch coupled with his special teams prowess makes him more valuable than the others trying to make the roster.I could see the Panthers making a move in the secondary, but overall I think your starting 11 are pretty set. However, feel free to share your thoughts.

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).