Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

MINNEAPOLIS -- Brian Dozier doesnt like talking about his power-hitting abilities. [url=http://www.englandsoccerpro.com/Phil-Jon

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 12.09.2019 03:37
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS -- Brian Dozier doesnt like talking about his power-hitting abilities. Phil Jones Jersey . When told his manager referred to him as Minnesotas "igniter" over the past couple of games -- during which he homered on consecutive nights -- the Twins second baseman looked embarrassed. "The igniter? Oh goodness," Dozier said Saturday night after hitting a three-run homer that proved to be the game-winning hit in Minnesotas 4-3 victory over the Seattle Mariners. Then he was told "The Ignitor" was the nickname for Hall of Famer Paul Molitor, the former Twins player and current coach. "Thats pretty cool. . Ill take it," Dozier said with a laugh. So will the Twins. Doziers homer in the fifth inning put Minnesota ahead for good, Samuel Deduno tossed six sharp innings for his first win as the Twins moved a game over .500 -- a rarity in these parts over the past three years. With Minnesota trailing 2-1, Dozier followed consecutive singles by Aaron Hicks and Eduardo Escobar by sending a curveball from Roenis Elias (3-3) into the seats in left field. It was Doziers 11th homer of the season. "Hes our igniter," Gardenhire said. "If we can get the bottom of the order to get on base, and roll it over, hes going to come up with more and more RBI opportunities and thats kind of what were looking for, and tonight he delivered." Dozier had a solo homer on Friday night; Saturday night marked the fifth time in his career he homered in consecutive games. His 20 home runs at Target Field ties him for fourth all-time with former Twins slugger Justin Morneau. He leads the A.L. with 40 runs scored. "My job is to get on base, whether its my hits or anything, on base is my biggest stat," said Dozier, who extended his current hitting streak to a season-high eight games. Michael Saunders had a homer and two RBIs for Seattle. Deduno (1-2) struck out four, allowed two hits and retired 18 of the 23 batters he faced. Both of Seattles runs off Deduno came in the third inning after James Jones triple scored Brad Miller. Jones scored on Saunders sacrifice fly to give the Mariners a one-run lead. But Deduno was otherwise solid, working efficiently through Seattles lineup over the next three innings while Elias struggled with his control. Elias allowed six hits and one walk in seven innings, but he also hit a batter, and had a wild pitch and a balk in the second inning. Elias teammates and manager sounded pleased with his performance, even saying his curveball that Dozier homered on was a good pitch. "I went back right after that inning to check where it was and I thought it was a really good pitch," catcher Mike Zunino said. "(Dozier) just dropped the head on it and was able to elevate it." Seattle pulled to 4-3 in the eighth when Saunders hit a solo homer off Jared Burton. Corey Hart doubled two batters later, but Burton got Kyle Seager swinging to end the threat. Glen Perkins worked the ninth for his 12th save in 14 chances. The Mariners have lost four straight. "Well figure it out. Its a little tough right now," Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon said. "One thing I pointed out right from the start, winning games at this level is tough. One thing here and one thing there will cause you to lose. Well figure this offence out and well be OK." NOTES: The Twins havent been above .500 since April 27. ... McClendon decided to skip RHP Brandon Maurers turn in the rotation for Seattles upcoming two-game series at Texas. Maurer (1-2) has a 6.00 ERA. . LHP James Paxton (strained back) threw a two-inning simulated game Saturday, and Tijuan Walker (shoulder) threw a bullpen session. Both players may throw more simulated games in Texas. ... Twins bench coach Terry Steinbach missed the game to attend his sons college graduation in Duluth. ... Jones has recorded a hit in all nine of his starts. He drove in his first career run. ... Minnesota goes for the series sweep on Sunday when RHP Ricky Nolasco (2-3) faces Mariners RHP Felix Hernandez (4-1) who is 6-5 in 15 career starts versus the Twins. Harry Maguire England Jersey . De La Rosa pitched six strong innings to win his sixth consecutive decision, Todd Helton homered and the Colorado Rockies snapped the Los Angeles Dodgers six-game winning streak with a 7-5 victory on Wednesday night. Custom England Soccer Jerseys .com) - Tony Parker scored 17 points to lead the San Antonio Spurs to a comfortable 99-85 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday. http://www.englandsoccerpro.com/Danny-Welbeck-England-Jersey/ . The former central defender calmly nodded it down and quietly went about celebrating a win with his staff. For a man who has had a lot on his shoulders this season, it was an appropriate moment.7) While were on the subject of kicking in the CFL, why dont coaches use a rule that invites the idea of a short kickoff at any and all times? If a kicker can put the ball high in the air at least 10 yards away, volleyball tactics can take over and if a member of the kicking team can bat the ball out of bounds, or otherwise be the last player to touch the ball, possession is awarded. As I see it, if the kicker is proficient, theres at least a 50-50 chance of recovering the ball every time.8) Have you ever heard one of those intermission reports with comments from an NHL assistant coach that contained interesting information? Now, I can answer "yes". MSGs John Giannone quoted Ulf Samuelsson of the Rangers as saying, following Sundays second period against Edmonton: "That could be the worst Ive seen since Ive been here and Ive seen a lot of games. Were getting crushed by Edmonton in our building and thats embarrassing." Im not sure if head coach Alain Vigneault liked the fact his thunder was stolen, but if assistant coaches are going to be fed to broadcasters, they might as well say something.9) Whos your NFL MVP? Id have voted for Peyton Manning if he hadnt lost to Tom Brady, and Ill vote for Andrew Luck if he out-performs Brady this Sunday, but otherwise, I guess Im voting for Brady.10) How do you feel if youre Patric Hornqvist? You get traded from the Nashville Predators to the Pittsburgh Penguins and you find yourself on Sidney Crosbys line and youre part of the NHLs best power play, all of which helps you to score 18 points in 13 games, good for a fifth-place tie in NHL scoring. I guess you feel pretty good.11) If youre a pro golfer, do you care if your first win on the PGA Tour is at the Sanderson Farms Championship in Jackson, Mississippi in early November? If youre Nick Taylor, born in Winnipeg and raised in Abbotsford, I guess you dont. It beats your first win being in the future.12) How many games will the Philadelphia 76ers win in this NBA season? I think its pretty easy to fix the over-under number at 10. And I think its pretty hard to decide which way to go.13) Is Ndamukong Suh of the Detroit Lions still the NFLs dirtiest player? I think not, because he is now better recognized as the NFLs best defensive lineman not named J. Harry Kane England Jersey. J. Watt. And he wants to be paid accordingly. The bad reputation brought too many flags, and ultimately, not enough dollars in his next contract, which is due prior to next season.14) Last week here, I nominated Ryan Miller (VAN), Jonas Hiller (CGY) and Radim Vrbata (VAN) as the best NHL free agent signings. I didnt give an answer. Can I do that now? Its Anton Stralman of the Tampa Bay Lightning.15) Do you think Rene Bourque was more surprised when the Montreal Canadiens waived him, or when no other team claimed him?16) Chien Ming-Wang, armed with a minor-league contract, will be at the spring training camp of an MLB team. You have at least two questions, Im sure. Why? and Surely not the Blue Jays camp? I only know why its not the Blue Jays camp. In his last three starts for Toronto in 2013, Chien allowed 18 runs over six and one-third innings. In 2015, he will hope to pitch for Atlanta.17) Whats harder - understanding how the Arizona Cardinals have the NFLs best record with Carson Palmer at quarterback, or expecting that to continue without Carson Palmer at quarterback?18) How do you feel about point differential as a meaningful NBA stat? The Toronto Raptors lead the NBA at +11.6. The Houston Rockets are next at +11.0. That says something to me. (Of course, Torontos 32-point blowout of the aforementioned Philly 76ers has something to do with it. The Rockets had their shot at Philly and won by only 11).19) When the Tampa Bay Rays listed the names of eight candidates for their managerial post vacated by Joe Maddon, it was assumed that the next list would be shorter. Instead, it is larger, with the names of Barry Larkin and Doug Glanville newly added. Do you like this idea? The Rays are just the latest team to use social media to make their job search transparent. Next thing you know, the fan-starved Rays will be selling ticket packages with voting privileges included.20) If Calgarys Johnny Gaudreau wins NHL rookie honours, hell be the first Calder Trophy recipient selected No. 100 or higher in the draft (No. 104) since ______? (The answer is goalie Andrew Raycroft, chosen in 1998 by the Boston Bruins after 134 other players had been taken). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).