Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

EAST RUTHERFORD

in NEUES AUS DEM AUSLAND 10.10.2019 04:15
von chenyan94 | 172 Beiträge

Dwayne Haskins Redskins Jersey , N.J. (AP)Just when you thought things couldn’t get worse for the New York Giants, they delivered a holiday flop. The Giants were once again disappointing, especially on offense, in the 20-10 Thanksgiving night loss to the Washington Redskins, dropping their record to 2-9, making the final five games of the season virtually worthless. ”I’m disappointed in the way the offense looked,” said beleaguered coach Ben McAdoo in a conference call Friday. ”We had a lot of unforced errors and that’s how usually it goes. We played a lot of younger players on a short week and they played like it. We need to be better and we will attack this last month head on.” The Giants managed three points offensively, had one first down in the second half, and saw quarterback Eli Manning complete 13 of 27 passes for 113 yards, no touchdowns and one interception. ”It’s definitely been a frustrating year,” Manning said. ”Our defense is keeping us in games, but we’re not able to move the ball. Yeah, it’s frustrating. It’s not the style of football that I’m used to playing. It’s frustrating and it’s tough. We have to find out why we’re not doing things. We had some drops. I missed some throws. Everyone is contributing to our lack of success.” It was Manning’s lowest passing production in almost 10 years, since he threw for 111 yards in Buffalo on Dec. 23, 2007. However, 36 of Manning’s passing yards came on the final drive with the outcome no longer in question. The Giants had 86 net yards passing, their lowest total since Oct. 28, 2007. The Giants didn’t do much with their rushing attack, gaining 84 yards on 24 attempts (3.5 yards per carry). They converted on 2-of-14 third-down chances (14 percent). Manning admitted the Giants have very little to play for now. ”It’s been a tough year Rob Kelley Jersey ,” Manning said. ”But we have five games left. It’s about pride now.” Manning isn’t about to give up right now. ”We could be effective and it can work,” Manning said. ”We just have to find a way. We’re not doing our part. We have to score more points.” Part of the problem is the team’s inability to catch Manning’s passes on a regular basis. Thursday night, the biggest culprit was promising rookie tight end Evan Engram, who had only three catches for 18 yards and dropped three passes. ”I thought Evan was pressing a bit, especially after he dropped the first one,” McAdoo said. ”He didn’t have good fundamentals. He doesn’t have a lot of experience playing in that kind of weather.” If there was one positive to the Giants’ performance, it was their defensive effort. They had six sacks and a 53-yard interception return for a touchdown by cornerback Janoris Jenkins, who left the game with an ankle injury that McAdoo hinted might keep him out of action for an extended period. ”The effort is there on the defensive side of the ball,” linebacker Devon Kennard said. ”If we could eliminate some of the big plays, we would be in better shape. We still have a lot to play for. We know we can be better than what our record shows. I’m looking forward to doing good things over the next five weeks.” Kennard, who had one of the Giants’ six sacks on Kirk Cousins, didn’t want to place the blame for the loss solely on the poor play of the offense. ”I think there are some things that we could have done defensively to put us in an even better spot,” Kennard said. ”If we played better in the second half, then maybe things would have panned out differently. So I think we got to look at ourselves and figure out what we should do on the defensive side of the ball to put ourselves in a better position. We see the offense didn’t score a lot of points, so we got to get more turnovers. We have to make sure we eliminate the big plays and keep them out of field goal range. You can’t worry about the other side of the ball.” The Giants will now get three days off. ”We will let the bodies rest and recover,” Manning said. ”We need to get away for a few days and get rejuvenated for the last five games. We have to make sure we put a better product on the field.” It could very be the final five games in McAdoo’s head coaching tenure with the Giants. ”We have a lot of young players who need to step up,” McAdoo said. ”We need those younger guys to grow up. We don’t have time. It has to be now.” NOTES: Linebacker Curtis Grant (knee) and cornerback Donte Deayon (fractured forearm) appear lost for the season after suffering injuries Thursday night. Linebacker Deontae Skinner hurt his hamstring, and his status moving forward is questionable. — And we seem to be on course" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHogs Haven homepageHorizontal - WhiteHogs Havena Washington Redskins communityFollow Hogs Haven online:Follow Hogs Haven on TwitterFollow Hogs Haven on FacebookLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchHogs Haven main menuFanpostsFanshotsSectionsRedskinsMastheadOddsShopCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Looks Like Someone Has A Sixpack Of The MondaysDaily SlopRedskins RecapsEDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:The roadmap to Ereck Flowers’ success in the NFL was published years agoTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailPhoto by Kirk Irwin/Getty ImagesWhen the Rosetta Stone - originally created in 196 BC - was re-discovered by French soldiers in 1799 it eventually led to a breakthrough in the understanding of the ancient Egyptian language and script. When I stumbled upon Stephen White’s 2015 pre-draft breakdown of Ereck Flowers yesterday, I felt a similar illumination. His April 2 Ziggy Hood Jersey , 2015 SB Nation piece, Ereck Flowers is a big dude who’s a big NFL Draft prospect despite his technique, is a mind-expanding deep dive into Flowers’ strengths and weaknesses that makes me a heck of a lot more comfortable that we’re on the right path with the left guard experiment being carried out this preseason.I would encourage every Redskins fan to read the source text, but I’ll excerpt several of the key points here.The author, Stephen White, is a retired NFL player who spent time with the Titans, Buccaneers, and Jets who has made a post-football career of profiling college talent for the NFL game on SB Nation. His first impressions of Flowers centered around the lineman’s massive size:Even admiring Flowers’ size, he acknowledges that for many offensive linemen, particularly the largest ones, struggles with weight problems can be a persistent issue that affects play in the NFL:His evaluation of Flowers’ college play picked up on his considerable potential, but also expressed bafflement at his poor technique. At least some of those poor techniques - like lining up too close to the line of scrimmage - which could have been easily corrected by coaching at Miami, weren’t, likely indicating the lack of direction he received in college. The fascinating, and perhaps encouraging thing, is that in spite of poor technique and footwork, particularly in pass protection, Flowers was still effective in pass protection at Miami. Flowers’ incredible strength (he had 37 bench reps) and size were able to paper over most of his technique deficiencies in college, but as we’ve seen in his time with the Giants Geron Christian Jersey , that approach fell apart in the NFL. At this point in the article, things get very interesting though. White remarks about Flowers’ incredible ability to get upfield on run blocking, destroying linebackers and safeties at the second level, and then drops this breadcrumb:While White was dismayed by Flowers’ shortcomings in the pass blocking game - which he acknowledged could probably be corrected with training - he was effusive with praise both for his run blocking, and something we all love to hear about our offensive linemen, his “nastiness.”He goes on to say that, under the best circumstances, Flowers was probably a bottom of the first round talent. Under the worst circumstances - with persistent weight issues - he was probably a second rounder or lower. We know now he was picked 9th overall by the Giants in the 2015 draft, so probably overdrafted by just about any measure.In light of Flowers’ observed shortcomings, White saves the best for last, boldly projecting the destination where, four years later, the behemoth of a lineman finally seems to have landed:I’ll give Mark Tyler and others credit for sticking by the Flowers’ signing even in spite of the deep suspicion that many fans felt when the Redskins brought him on this offseason.Looking back now, perhaps Bill Callahan and others saw what White saw over 4 years ago: Flowers was a very large round peg being ineffectively jammed into a small square hole without even the lubricant of advanced technique. Now that we’ve got that round peg in the right place, let’s roll it downfield and crush some opponents at the second level.

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).