Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

f you said it to somebody

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 19.10.2019 05:32
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

REGINA - The Friday night lights will shine again on Seth Doege. Jordan Crawford Jersey . The San Angelo, Texas product, who was a high school and college quarterback sensation in the Lone Star State, will start his first CFL game with the Saskatchewan Roughriders (9-4) on Friday at Mosaic Stadium against the leagues top team, the Calgary Stampeders (11-2). You can watch the game live on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4, TSN5 and TSN GO at 10pm et/7pm pt. The 25-year-old rookie said his upbringing has prepared him well for his first pro start. The Rider Nation fan base reminds me a lot of big time football in Texas just because people are crazy about it here and they love it and have a lot of passion for it, Doege said. In Texas, all of the movies youve seen, its pretty similar. If youre winning, anyway, thats what its like. Doege grew up in a community in rural Texas where high school football on Friday nights mattered. His father was a high school coach, and that meant the game was introduced to him at an early age. Doege was the starter of his west Texas high school team in his freshman and sophomore years. Knee injuries derailed his junior and senior seasons, but Doege still drew interest from nearby Texas Tech University. Doege blossomed into a star his junior year with the Red Raiders, as he set an NCAA Division I record for completion percentage in a game (90.0 per cent, on 40-of-44 pass attempts). His 4,004 passing yards that year ranked eighth in the nation. His senior season was even better. He was named the MVP of the Meineke Car Care Bowl and finished in the top three in the country in passing yards (4,205 yards) and touchdown passes (39). Doege said he accepts the added pressures and responsibilities associated with being the starting quarterback in a football-crazed community. In college, you get used to it, he said. When you go to a big school, youre playing in front of 60,000 or 70,000 fans each and every week, especially in a big time conference. You get used to the crowd and you love it. Thats part of it, thats part of being the quarterback. You get all the love when things are good and all the blame when things are bad. Thats part of the job description. Its no different in Regina, where fans were left shaking their heads after a 24-0 defeat last week at the hands of the Edmonton Eskimos. Tino Sunseri started that game before Doege entered in the second half. Tino and I want that. We want to be the guy that elevates this team, Doege said. I think we both have the skill set to play at a high level and I think the guys trust us in the locker-room, regardless whether its Tino or myself. Doege has climbed the Riders depth chart in recent weeks. Starting quarterback Darian Durant went down nearly a month ago with a torn tendon in his right (throwing) elbow, with Sunseri having filled in under centre the previous three games. The Riders have scratched out just 38 points in those three contests, including a pair of lopsided losses on the road to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (28-3) and to the Eskimos (24-0). Sandwiched between those defeats was a second-half rally from Sunseri that led the Riders to 35-32 victory over the Ottawa Redblacks on Sept. 21. But songs of Sunseris praises quickly turned to a chorus of boos after the Riders beatdown in Edmonton last week. Doege is next in line. For this week, I thought it was a chance to give Seth a chance to show what he has, head coach Corey Chamblin said. They (Sunseri and Doege) have different skill sets for the most part, but when I looked at ita€| (Doege) has good command of the huddle this week and I want to see him go for it. Chamblins decision on Wednesday ended a few days worth of rumours of new quarterbacks coming to Saskatchewan, including a trade for Henry Burris or a return of veteran Kerry Joseph. Durant is still recovering from elbow surgery on his right throwing arm and isnt expected to return any time soon. However, earlier this week, Riders general manager Brendan Taman suggested Durant could rejoin the team for the final week or two of the regular season. Chamblin wasnt as optimistic. Were not even at the point where he can grip the ball and throw it, he said. It doesnt matter what we are told or where we are from there. I will hold those thoughts until we actually see where his progression and rehab is. Burris name popped into the conversation on Monday after reports surfaced the Riders had contacted the Redblacks about a possible trade for the 39-year-old veteran quarterback. Joseph, who led the Riders to the 2007 Grey Cup championship, was also a part of the water-cooler conversation this week. Nothing has materialized with either Burris or Joseph, meaning the Riders plan to stick with Doege and Sunseri for the foreseeable future. Its time to shake things up. Maybe its one of those things we can shake up to get back into the win column, Chamblin said. Derrick Favors Pelicans Jersey . After not scoring 40 points in the opening quarter in the last five seasons, the Rockets have done it five times this season and twice in the last three games. Nicolo Melli Jersey . Dragic was a game-time decision because of a sore right ankle that had kept him out of Wednesdays loss at Utah, but played all but the last 10 seconds of the second half in the first 40-point game for a Phoenix player since Amare Stoudemires 44 on March 19, 2010. https://www.pelicanslockerroom.com/Etwaun-Moore-City-Edition-Jersey/ . - No matter the lineup or location, the San Antonio Spurs are rolling through the NBA again this spring, just the way they have for most of the last two decades.TORONTO - It was very early in the Maple Leafs tenure of Jonathan Bernier and he had noticed that his new goaltending coach, Rick St. Croix, was lingering quietly in the background, doing his best to thoughtfully calibrate an assessment without much interference. "At one point, I told him Rick, You need to tell me things that you see that Im doing wrong," Bernier recalled in conversation with the Leaf Report. "Some goalies dont like to get judged or anything like that, but I like to know where Im at in my game. I like when the goalie coach will push me to get better." No single aspect of the Leafs season at the midway point has been quite as reliable, and at times brilliant, as that of the goaltending. And the quiet, driving and highly influential presence behind the recently found success is the 58-year-old St. Croix, now in his second season with the team. Between Bernier and 25-year-old James Reimer, the Toronto tandem ranks fourth in the NHL with a .924 save percentage - after finishing seventh-best last season - and third-best with an even stingier .942 mark at even-strength - of critical importance considering the bloated number of shots the team has allowed this season. Years of futility, which plagued the Leafs crease following the departure of Ed Belfour (see table below), are finally being forgotten under St. Croix, who captured a Stanley Cup with Belfour in Dallas in 1999 and found later success with the Vancouver and Winnipeg organizations. "He really understands the position because he played it," Reimer told the Leaf Report of St. Croix, who played in the NHL with the Leafs and Flyers, "and thats really valuable." The goalie coach is equal parts teacher, motivator and therapist, a sounding board for the games most solitary position, a leaning post in times of turmoil and success. "A goalie coach is a resource to help the goaltender in his area of need and it might be off the ice, it might be on the ice, it might be just going post to post, it might be how he reads the game, maybe its stuff related to flexibility," said St. Croix, shortly after he replaced Francois Allaire as the teams goaltending coach in the fall of 2012. "Im a resource to help them become a better version of themselves." He has found quick success in that regard where his predecessor could not. Dubbed at one point by former Leafs President and GM Brian Burke as "the best goaltending coach on the planet," Allaire, who owns two Stanley Cup rings, never found much success during his three years in Toronto. His rigid style of goaltending - a blocking approach that was highly successful in the slower pre-lockout era - rarely translated into fewer goals against with the Leafs. It also allowed for little in the way of creativity or athleticism. [Allaire is currently working as the goaltending coach for the Avalanche, where has rediscovered considerable early success with Semyon Varlamov and former Leaf Jean-Sebastien Giguere.] St. Croix, in definite contrast, employs a considerably more accommodating approach to the position, a hybrid style that is dependent on accentuating the strengths of the individual. "I think with his style of coaching maybe theres more flexibility in there, a little less rigidity," said Reimer, an Allaire loyalist who is careful not to compare the two coaches. "You can play around with stuff a little bit more maybe [under St. Croix]. Maybe it allows you to be a little bit more athletic." "Its all your style of play and hell see your game and see those little things that will affect your game and itll be different than what he might tell Bernier in essence." Bernier, who worked with the highly lauded Bill Ranford previously in Los Angeles, agrees that St. Croix is "pretty open on techniques" and will advise, rather than demand, his goaltender on potential tweaks for game situations. "He wont change my style, wont change my position - thats who I am," said Bernier, whose .938 even-strength save percentage ranks behind only Ben Bishop among regular NHL starters this season. Anthony Davis Jersey. Unlike Allaire, who could be unyielding in his approach to goaltending, St. Croix is intent on molding the shape of the individual to a better version of itself. Reimer, who finished eighth in the NHL in save percentage last season, his first with St. Croix, and sits 12th this season, concedes that his goalie coach has "just allowed whatever it is that makes me good to rise to the top per se". "Its like a skilled player being able to make a few mistakes," Reimer explained of the increased flexibility being afforded under St. Croix, who was not made available to be interviewed for this story. "If you tell him as soon as he gets across the red line that he has to dump the puck youre going to take away a bit of his [talent]. He might be a solid player and he might still be great, but when you allow [him] to cut back or toe-drag every now and again then something [special] comes out. With Ricky, I think maybe thats what its allowed me to do." Goaltender and goalie coach meet after every game to review that nights work, determined to assess the good and bad on video. St. Croix, in such situations, is looking not just at the individual goals allowed but at the bigger picture, intent on finding tendencies and trends that may need strengthening. "If you let in a goal here," Reimer said, "you look at it and say, Was it a freak thing? Did you do something wrong? And if it was, is it because we havent practiced it or is just because you made a mistake? Either way you work on it." Prior to games, he and the two goaltenders will assess the incoming opponent, trying to better understand how they generate offence and what situations may be on deck that night. In addition to the teaching and advisement is the equally important role of motivator and therapist. "Its funny that you say that because I think thats the biggest thing for a goalie coach," said Bernier. "Hes almost a therapist in a way just because hes there for you mentally and keeps you positive. You dont want to be too high or too low and hes there to help you find that right level of emotion." Bernier needed such a pick-me-up from St. Croix earlier in the year, the losses piling up in rapid succession for the Leafs despite continued performance in goal. And because he has a history of playing the position at the NHL level, St. Croix carries a certain credibility for his two young netminders, an understanding of the often solitary life in goal. "You can say stuff to him because hell understand," said Reimer, "whereas if you said it to somebody else [they] would be saying Oh my goodness, youre thinking that? but in the goalie world thats just normal." A big believer in the role of a goaltending coach, Bernier actually approached Leafs VP of Hockey Operations, Dave Poulin, early in the season and requested that St. Croix be with the NHL club more often. "I think its important as a goalie to have a goalie coach," Bernier said, "and talk to someone about [goaltending], bring your confidence up. He helps you to get that routine in your game and in practice which is really good. "Hes been really good mentally to keep me positive … And working on little things he sees in my game. I think more and more were going to get adjusted to each other, more comfortable. I think were making a big step." A look at the considerable leap in Toronto goaltending under St. Croix in the past two seasons. Season Save Percentage 2013-14 .924 2013 .917 2011-12 .901 2010-11 .907 2009-10 .896 2008-09 .887 2007-08 .897 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).