Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

CHARLOTTE, N. Air Max 97 Mens Sale Australia .C. -- Gerald Henderson didnt tinker with his shot after making just 31 per cent f

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 18.12.2019 09:06
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

CHARLOTTE, N. Air Max 97 Mens Sale Australia .C. -- Gerald Henderson didnt tinker with his shot after making just 31 per cent from the field in his first four games this season. "I started out the first three games horribly shooting-wise, but looking at my shots with Coach, I shot all good shots -- shots that I regularly shoot -- they just werent falling," Henderson said. That all changed Wednesday night. Henderson broke out of his mini-slump with a season-high 23 points, and the surprising Charlotte Bobcats defeated the Toronto Raptors 92-90. Henderson had made only 15 of 49 shots in the first four games since signing an $18 million, three-year contract in the off-season. But he hit six of his first seven against Toronto and finished 10 of 17 from the field. Bobcats coach Steve Clifford never lost faith in Henderson. "Everything he does on the floor makes sense to me, on both ends of the floor," Clifford said. "Hes a prideful guy and he wants to win. Hes not going to blow a set. Everything hes supposed to do, he does." Michael Kidd-Gilchrist scored 14 points to help the Bobcats win on back-to-back nights. They beat the Knicks in New York on Tuesday. Second-year guard Jeffery Taylor continued to give the Bobcats (3-2) quality minutes off the bench, scoring 13 points. Josh McRoberts added 13 points and five assists. Rudy Gay led the Raptors with 20 points. Jonas Valanciunas had 12 points and 10 rebounds. The Raptors had a chance to steal this one. They were trailing 92-90 when DeMar DeRozan drove the lane, but his shot was rejected by Bismack Biyombo and the Bobcats grabbed the loose ball with 27 seconds remaining. "I should have tried to be more aggressive," DeRozan said. "At least tried to make the ref make the call. Ill take that. Im kind of upset at myself for that decision, that I tried to kind of shy away from the contact." Toronto didnt foul the Bobcats on their final possession, and when Hendersons long 3-pointer hit off the rim there wasnt enough time for Toronto to corral the loose ball and call timeout. "Yeah, I was surprised" they didnt call timeout, Henderson said. The Bobcats have won five straight home games dating to last season. Charlotte shot 75 per cent from the field in the first quarter to build a 32-18 lead. Henderson led the way, knocking down six jumpers in the opening 10 minutes, most of those around the top of the key. The Raptors appeared to be playing off Henderson, daring him to shoot. The former Duke star responded again and again, going 7 of 10 from the floor in the first half. "Our approach in the first quarter was very unlike us," Raptors coach Dwane Casey said. "We did not play the way we did the last three quarters. This is a great learning lesson for us. Never leave winning the game to the last couple of possessions." Charlotte cooled off considerably in the second quarter and the Raptors fought back to tie it 53-all at halftime behind nine points from Tyler Hansbrough and a pair of 3-pointers from DeRozan. With Kidd-Gilchrist on the bench with five fouls, Taylor and McRoberts picked up the slack in the third. After blowing a 16-point first-half lead, Charlotte got a boost from McRoberts, who turned the momentum of the game with a solid stretch that included a dunk, a 3-pointer and two no-look passes for easy baskets. The Raptors struggled at times with turnovers, committing 13 that led to 18 Bobcats points. Kemba Walker, who came in averaging more than 18 points per game, had a quiet night. He played after an MRI on his shoulder Wednesday revealed no damage from a collision Tuesday night with Metta World Peace. Walker finished 2 of 13 from the field for five points but said after the game his shoulder felt fine. "Anytime you can win a back-to-back in this league, thats never easy," Clifford said. "This is a good win." NOTES: The Bobcats played again without centre Al Jefferson, their top free-agent pickup. He is nursing an ankle injury. ... Henderson has scored in double digits in 28 of his last 29 games for the Bobcats. ... Gay has reached double digits in all five games this season. ... It was Charlottes sixth straight win at home against the Raptors. Air Max 270 Mens Australia . Belfort was originally schedule to fight Chris Weidman at UFC 173 on May 24, but a Nevada State Athletic Commission ban on testosterone replacement therapy forced the former light heavyweight champ to withdraw. New Balance Clearance Australia . Rajon Rondo had 18 of Bostons season-high 38 assists and the Celtics committed just seven turnovers in a 118-111 win over the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night.TORONTO -- Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, the former American boxer who became a global champion for the wrongfully convicted after spending almost 20 years in prison for a triple murder he didnt commit, died at his home in Toronto on Sunday. He was 76. His long-time friend and co-accused, John Artis, said Carter died in his sleep after a lengthy battle with prostate cancer. "Its a big loss to those who are in institutions that have been wrongfully convicted," Artis told The Canadian Press. "He dedicated the remainder of his life, once we were released from prison, to fighting for the cause." Artis quit his job stateside and moved to Toronto to act as Carters caregiver after his friend was diagnosed with cancer nearly three years ago. During the final few months, as Carters health took a turn for the worse, Artis said the man who was immortalized in a Bob Dylan song and a Hollywood film came to grips with the fact that he was dying. "He tried to accomplish as much as he possibly could prior to his passing," Artis said, noting Carters efforts earlier this year to bring about the release of a New York City man incarcerated since 1985 -- the year Carter was freed. "He didnt express very much about his legacy. Thatll be established for itself through the results of his work. Thats primarily what he was concerned about -- his work," Artis said. Born on May 6, 1937, into a family of seven children, Carter struggled with a hereditary speech impediment and was sent to a juvenile reform centre at 12 after an assault. He escaped and joined the Army in 1954, experiencing racial segregation and learning to box while in West Germany. Carter then committed a series of muggings after returning home, spending four years in various state prisons. He began his pro boxing career in 1961. He was fairly short for a middleweight, but his aggression and high punch volume made him effective. Carters life changed forever one summer night in 1966, when two white men and a white woman were gunned down in a New Jersey Bar. Police were searching for what witnesses described as two black men in a white car, and pulled over Carter and Artis a half-hour after the shootings. Though there was no physical evidence linking them to the crime and eyewitnesses at the time of the slayings couldnt identify them as the killers, Carter was convicted along with Artis. Their convictions were overturned in 1975, but both were found guilty a second time in a retrial a year later. After 19 years behind bars, Carter was finally freed in 1985 when a federal judge overturned the second set of convictions, citing a racially biased prosecution. Artis was also exonerated after being earlier paroled in 1981. Carter later moved to Toronto and became the founding executive director of the Association in Defence of the Wrongly Convicted, which has seccured the release of 18 people since 1993. Onitsuka Tiger Sale Australia. Win Wahrer, a director with the association, remembers Carter as the "voice and the face" of the group. "I think its because of him that we got the credibility that we did get, largely due to him -- he was already a celebrity, people knew who he was," she said. "He suffered along with those who were suffering." Though Carter left the organization in 2005, the phone never stopped ringing with requests for him, Wahrer said. "He was an eloquent speaker, a passionate speaker. I remember the first time I ever heard him I knew I was in the presence of a man that could move mountains just by his presence and his words and his passion for what he believed in," she said. Carter went on to found another advocacy group, Innocence International. "He wanted to bring people together. That was his real purpose in life -- to get people to understand one another and to work together to make changes," said Wahrer. "It was so important for him to make a difference. And I think he did. I think he accomplished what he set out to do." Association lawyer James Lockyer, who has known Carter since they were involved in the wrongful conviction case of Guy Paul Morin, remembered how Carter called him just before sitting down with then-president Bill Clinton for a screening of his 1999 biopic "The Hurricane." The call was to ask for advice on how to bring the U.S. leaders attention to the case of a Canadian woman facing execution in Vietnam. "Even though this was sort of a pinnacle moment of Rubins life -- to sit at the White House with the president and his wife on either side of him watching a film about him -- he wasnt really thinking about himself," said Lockyer. "He was thinking about this poor woman who was sitting on death row in Vietnam that we were trying to save from the firing squad." The film about Carters life starred Denzel Washington, who received an Academy Award nomination for playing the boxer turned prisoner. On Sunday, when told of Carters death, Washington said in a statement: "God bless Rubin Carter and his tireless fight to ensure justice for all." Carters fight continued to the very end. Never letting up even as his body was wracked with cancer, Carter penned an impassioned letter to a New York paper in February calling for the conviction of a man jailed in 1985 to be reviewed -- and reflected on his own mortality in the process. "If I find a heaven after this life, Ill be quite surprised. In my own years on this planet, though, I lived in hell for the first 49 years, and have been in heaven for the past 28 years," he wrote. "To live in a world where truth matters and justice, however late, really happens, that world would be heaven enough for us all." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).