Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

The Los Angeles Chargers' offense was stuck

in NEUES AUS DEM AUSLAND 08.01.2020 03:20
von chenyan94 | 172 Beiträge

in neutral for the first 25 minutes of Sunday's game against the Oakland Raiders. A broken play provided the needed spark.The game was tied 3-3 until Austin Ekeler took Philip Rivers' swing pass and turned into a 44-yard touchdown . That was part of 19 straight points by the Chargers en route to their 26-10 victory over the Raiders."We were doing OK. We weren't playing great but that kind of sparked it http://www.thechargerslockerroom.com/authentic-hunter-henry-jersey ," said Rivers, who threw for 339 yards and two touchdowns. "We got another stop and then punched it in. I felt then we were in control the rest of the way."Rivers bobbled the shotgun snap on the first-and-10 play, but quickly corralled it and got it to Ekeler while three Oakland players were blitzing. The second-year running back eluded two Raiders at the 40 and then got a good block from Keenan Allen up the left sideline to score his third touchdown of the season with 4:04 remaining in the second quarter."I just saw the pressure coming off the edge. And it was a hot call, so it was coming to me right away," Ekeler said. "I just ended up catching the ball and looking downfield from there."The Ekeler touchdown was one of four plays of 25 yards or more for the Chargers (3-2), who are third in the league with 29 plays of 20 yards or more; the Rams and Chiefs each have 30.All of that added up to Rivers' 59th 300-yard passing game of his 15-year career and his eighth against the Raiders. He completed 22 of 27 passes and had a passer rating of 143.4.Melvin Gordon had 120 yards from scrimmage (58 rushing, 62 receiving). His 1-yard run during the second quarter gave Los Angeles (3-2) a 17-3 lead at halftime. The scoring drive started after Jahleel Addae recovered a Martavis Bryant fumble at the Raiders 45.The Chargers' defense had three sacks and forced two turnovers which resulted in 13 points. Oakland's Marshawn Lynch came into the game fourth in the league in rushing but was held to 31 yards on nine carries."It's an energy game, man, and you got good energy built all around you, that's what it is all about," Gordon said. "We got to feel off that. That's how we become a great team."Derek Carr was 24 of 33 for 268 yards for the Raiders (1-4). He accounted for Oakland's lone touchdown in the fourth quarter on a 1-yard pass to Jordy Nelson which brought the Raiders within 26-10.He also had a costly interception in the end zone to Melvin Ingram during the third quarter. The Chargers turned that into a 96-yard, eight-play drive that was capped with Rivers' 13-yard TD pass to Virgil Green early in the fourth period."We had bad plays today," Raiders coach Jon Gruden said. "I think we pressed a little bit. The play calling needs to improve. That's my job. We've got to play better collectively than we did today."HOME SWEET HOME?The crowd at StubHub Center was predominantly Raiders fans, but it didn't matter to the Chargers, who have won seven of their last eight at their temporary home until the new stadium at Inglewood opens in 2020.In order to silence their "home" crowd, the Chargers did take the ball on offense after they won the coin toss. They turned that into a seven-play drive and a 49-yard field goal by Caleb Sturgis.TWO FIRSTS FOR INGRAMIngram's third-quarter interception was his first in 82 regular-season games. He did have an interception in the 2013 playoffs against Cincinnati.The seventh-year defensive end also got his first NFL carry in the second quarter on second-and-goal from the Oakland 1 but was stopped for no gain."I touch the ball all the time in practice. It was just fun," Ingram said. "Being in the offensive huddle it felt like I was at home."NEW HOLDER Womens Joe Barksdale Jersey , SAME RESULTThe Chargers signed punter Donnie Jones to be the new holder for Sturgis, but Sturgis still missed an extra point.Sturgis' PAT attempt after the Green touchdown bounced off the upright for his fourth miss of the season and third in the past two games. The sixth-year kicker has missed four extra points this season, equaling the amount he had over three seasons in Philadelphia from 2015-17.Sturgis was also 2 of 3 on field goals. His 48-yard attempt on the last play of the first half was on line until it veered wide left at the last moment."The extra point did bother me a little bit, but we'll figure out what happened there," Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said. "He's been kicking with a lot of confidence, so I'm not concerned about it."UP NEXTRaiders: face Seahawks next Sunday in London.Chargers: at Browns next Sunday.Follow Joe Reedy at joereedyOffensive observations from the Chargers’ 31-20 win over the Bills The Los Angeles Charger took care of business in Buffalo. It wasn’t exactly what you’d call a picture-perfect win, but they made the cross-country trek, played a solid first half of football, and rode a 22-point halftime lead all the way to a victory.On the one hand, the team bounced back from a humiliating loss to Kansas City by winning a game we all expected them to win. They controlled it from the jump, scored 28 first-half points, and got Austin Ekeler more involved. That, in and of its self, is encouraging.On the other hand, the offense did nothing in the second half, the offensive tackles struggled a great deal, and the team failed to put the game away when it was presented with a first-and-goal from the one-yard line following a fourth-quarter interception by Kyzir White. In other words Casey Hayward Jersey , they still have plenty to work on.With that said, let’s look at my top offensive takeaways – good and bad – from Sunday’s game:Rivers was on point: Philip Rivers was 23/27 for 253 and three scores and, unless I missed something, all four incomplete passes were balls he threw away. He got his team into the right plays, made the correct reads, and never missed a throw he didn’t intend to miss. There is no telling what he might have done had his protection held up a little better. Austin Ekeler>Melvin Gordon: Roll your eyes all you want, but Austin Ekeler is currently the Chargers second most dynamic skill position player behind Keenan Allen, and that gap may not be as big as you think it is. Ekeler’s vision, burst, surprising power, and versatility make him extremely dangerous and even more valuable, and it’s time for his snaps, and his touches, to increase in a big way. The first half game plan was nearly flawless: At least from a game plan perspective, the Chargers did almost everything right on offense in the first half. Ken Whisenhunt repeatedly isolated Tremaine Edmunds on Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler in open space to significant effect, got Virgil Green involved and found ways to spring Mike Williams free for two vital intermediate throws early in the game, including his first NFL touchdown. You know the game plan is good when the Chargers put up 31 points on the road without having to lean on Keenan Allen.Mike makes it happen: I’m not going to get too worked up over a two catch http://www.thechargerslockerroom.com/authentic-melvin-ingram-jersey , 27-yard performance against a pretty average and depleted secondary, but I was encouraged by the fact that both of Mike Williams receptions were what I’d call impact catches; with one going for a touchdown and the other converting a critical 3rd-and-12 play. While most fans seemed to get fired up about his touchdown grab, I thought his third-down catch on the team’s third possession was arguably his best play as a Charger because it was the best route I’ve seen him run and he made the catch while having his helmet ripped off. I’d still like to see him get open more consistently, but Sunday was an encouraging step in the right direction. Rough day for the LA offensive tackles: Most fans were concerned about Sam Tevi going into Sunday’s game, but the truth is: both Tevi and left tackle Russell Okung struggled mightily in Buffalo. The Bills star pass rusher, Jerry Hughes, was just too quick for LA’s tackle tandem, with both men looking at least a full step too slow all day. I realize it was loud at New Era Field, and that certainly didn’t help matters, but they did not play well.Antonio Gates a non-factor: Future Hall of Fame tight end Antonio Gates was a non-factor on Sunday despite a very favorable matchup against a defense that struggled to defend the Baltimore tight ends last week. After playing in 33 snaps against the Chiefs, Gates was only on the field for 11 snaps against the Bills and drew but one target in a game in which the offense raced up and down the field in the first half. In other words, he wasn’t really part of the game plan, and that doesn’t inspire much confidence for the rest of this season. Fans may have to recalibrate their expectations for Antonio this season.That pretty much does it for my offensive take-aways. Unlike last week, I thought Ken Whisenhunt did a masterful job of creating and exploiting favorable matchups for his best skill position players from the jump, and I’m especially encouraged by the way he’s expanding Austin Ekeler’s role. The lack of second-half production notwithstanding, I was pretty happy with how the Chargers attacked the Bills in scoring 28 first-half points and feel like there is enough there to build on moving forward.What are your offensive takeaways from the Bills game? Let me hear them in the comments section below.

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).