Bundesliga - 6. Runde: SK Sturm Graz - FC Admira 3:2 (2:0) Red Bull Salzburg - SC Wr. Neustadt 1:1 (1:1) Austria Wien - Wacker Innsbruck 2:0 (1:0) SV Mattersburg - SV Ried 2:1 (2:0) WAC - Rapid Wien 1:0 (1:0) <--

Winston is a closer

in NEUES AUS ÖSTERREICH - BERICHTE AUS ÖSTERREICH 24.03.2020 08:29
von jokergreen0220 | 1.402 Beiträge

MELBOURNE, Australia - Canadian Daniel Nestor and French partner Kristina Mladenovic were dethroned as Australian Open mixed doubles champions on Sunday, losing the final to Martina Hingis and Leander Paes 6-4, 6-3. Walt Kiesling Jersey .The 42-year-old Nestor, from Toronto, was broken three times in the match, which lasted just 62 minutes and played under the closed roof of the Rod Laver arena due to rain.The Canadians third-seeded side went down to defeat with 18 winners and 16 unforced errors, losing serve five times while breaking on three occasions.They played better for sure. Obviously there were things we could have done a little bit better. But they were the better team, said Nestor. Even when I thought I was serving OK, they were still making a lot of balls. They played well.I played a bit was over-aggressive on second serve. The court was playing a little bit different than what weve been used to... It was kicking more when we were playing outside. Today it was more of a dead bounce.Nestor called his overall Open performance (he and Rohan Bopanna lost in the mens doubles second round) as not ideal.We played well in Sydney (won the title) and had a little bit of a letdown here. Its nice to win some matches in mixed. It was not result that we wanted but it was OK overall.All four players on the court were former grand slam champions, with Hingis winning her second major in mixed doubles and 16th overall in a career which began in 1995 as a teenager. The Swiss had not won a grand slam title since playing Australia in 2006 in the event.Nestor, who owns four mixed doubles titles and won the Melbourne title in 2011 and 2007. He claimed Wimbledon with Mladenivoc two years ago.He and Russian Elena Lkihovtseva finished runners-up in 2006 in Australia to a team of Hingis and another Indian, Paes former doubles partner Mahesh Bhupathi.Nestor got off to a poor start, broken to love in the second game of the match before his team broke Paes in the fifth game. Hingis and Paes won the set after 29 minutes as Nestor double-faulted on a set point.In the second, Nestor made amends as he held serve in the second game only to lose it again to hand over a 4-2 lead.But Hingis and Mldenovic then traded breaks, with the Swiss-Indian seventh seed emerging with a 5-3 lead. A return long from Mladenovic off a Hingis return at her feet ended the contest on a first match point. Kevin King Jersey . The Canadian defensive tackle suffered the injury on Monday and had tests done on Tuesday. He was a potential starter on the defensive line but head coach Mike OShea said he wasnt even thinking about the ratio when he got the news. Cecil Isbell Jersey . Notes on P.K. Subban, Dale Weise, Erik Haula, Mikael Granlund, Ilya Bryzgalov and more. http://www.custompackersjersey.com/custom-john-mcnally-jersey-large-892r.html . Jason Zucker and Matt Cooke also scored for Minnesota, which has won five of six. Kuemper made five saves in the first, nine in the second, and nine in the third. The rookies best save came with 2:17 left in the third period when he denied former Wild forward Matt Cullen from just outside of the crease on the right side. TAMPA, Fla. -- New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has no concerns about the health of shortstop Derek Jeter, who was limited to 17 games last season due to leg injuries. Jeter is scheduled to play Thursday against Pittsburgh in his first spring training game of his final season. Cashman said Wednesday he is "more curious as to like how the weather report is for tomorrow than what hes going to look like." "What happened last year was unfortunate and unexpected," Cashman said. "Ive been conditioned not to worry about Derek Jeter, and I havent deviated from that." Jeter, who turns 40 in June, broke his left ankle in the 2012 AL championship series, then broke it again last spring during his rehabilitation. "Im looking forward to being out there," Jeter said. "I feel good now, so last year doesnt matter. Since Ive been here this year, everything has been like a normal spring. You cant really compare last year and this year. Two entirely different years. Last year I felt as though I was rehabbing, this year Im good to go." YYankees manager Joe Girardi is handling Jeters spring training in a normal fashion. Paul Hornung Jersey. "Everything hes done has been good," Girardi said. "So, last year where we had some concerns, the way he was running, the way he was moving, we havent had any of that." Jeter got to meet 2013 Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston before the Yankees played Florida State on Tuesday. and outfielder for the Seminoles. "Hes pretty remarkable," Jeter said. "I think its cool that hes playing two sports. You dont see that too often now." NOTES: 1B Mark Teixeira, recovering from right wrist surgery July 2, expects to face a pitcher in batting practice for the first time next week. He could be ready for a game in about 10 days. ... OF Alfonso Soriano (flu) worked out for the second straight day and could play Sunday. ... INF Eduardo Nunez is out with flu. ... If more improvements are needed to the roster, Cashman maintained any moves would not involve adding a big salary. "Weve spent our money," he said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Counter/Zähler Admins: printmaster und amonamarth1987 <> Moderatorin: digiworld <> Für den Inhalt verantwortlich: printmaster Counter/Zähler Lieber Gast! Hier dreht sich alles um Fußball. Wir würden uns freuen, wenn du dich selbstverständlich kostenfrei registrieren würdest, anschliessend hast Du uneingeschränkten Zugriff. Auch würde uns deine Meinung sehr interessieren. DANKE! Danke.
Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4329 Themen und 5608 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 134 Benutzer (02.02.2024 12:03).